Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 05:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  SAS on Bally 6000
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SAS on Bally 6000  (Read 10895 times)
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« on: July 13, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »

Does anyone know what wires go where & where you would hook up computer to a Bally 6000?
I think you would use Bally Miser Setup
Thanks for any help, Ford
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:21:39 PM by FORDSBS » Logged
zarobhr
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 178

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »

sry dont know on the ballys just the s2000 and i games so far. i am up to 6 machines on my TITO network
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:00:45 PM »

On 2000's I have 5 on.
Want to mess with 6000's
zarobhr

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »

just curious what method are you using for connections

I am using ethernet to serial converters and a SQL backend. really would like to do multidrop on a single port of some type but i havent figured that part out yet.

as for the bally i have no ino on it so not sure how to hook it up i would expect it not to be bally miser though since the s2000 have that option and its not used.

i also am trying to find out how the mastercoms communicate with a computer then that would really be nice.

that last sas thing i am trying to do is sas progressive but i cant figure out the polls on it.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2011, 06:10:09 PM »

I"m Using serial ports in computer.
I tried USB to serial with no luck
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2011, 06:23:31 PM »

FORDSDB

Looks like pin 1,2,3 on the 25 connector - Info posted here - http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11768.0
Dont have acess to Bally's so never could confirm this.

ZAROBHR

Are you using AndyP's SAS program? Can you give us some more details on using the ethernet to serial convertors. I have a wiznet and tibbo model that i got to play with but have not got round to yet.

zarobhr

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2011, 06:26:56 PM »

FORDSDB

Looks like pin 1,2,3 on the 25 connector - Info posted here - http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11768.0
Dont have acess to Bally's so never could confirm this.

ZAROBHR

Are you using AndyP's SAS program? Can you give us some more details on using the ethernet to serial convertors. I have a wiznet and tibbo model that i got to play with but have not got round to yet.

originally i was yes, but with timing issues i had to rewrite my own. i am using the tibbo 3.5 port one so get 3 serial ports with each tibbo device.
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 06:31:40 PM »

Thanks TZtech, I going to check it.
Ford
zarobhr

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2011, 06:34:22 PM »

i havent tried with a usb serial port yet but do have one to test with. my program still needs alot of work but each machine is run in its own thread so as i add machines timing isnt getting affected. so far tito is working between all machines and can do the bonusing etc. i use enhanced validation and now working on the routines to actually register the machines so i dont have to use a program i forgot the name of.
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 07:16:07 PM »

You actuallyl said more than I forgot ha ha. LOL

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Red7
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

I love my slots.....

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 01:07:37 AM »

Has any one figured this one out yet? I have made the cable to connect to PC/Device.. But I cannot seem to get the settings correct in the machine.. Or maybe I am wrong with connections as well.. Used System Plug.. Pins 1 - 2 - 5

Any Help would be great..

Thanks

Steve
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 01:17:39 AM »

You have to use newer than 2003 mains
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 01:21:52 AM »

I am just looking to Legacy bonus the machine.. don't want to ticket print.. do I still need to change mains?

Thanks

Steve
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 01:34:46 AM »

You've Got Mail
Red7

I love my slots.....

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2012, 02:26:52 PM »

Hey Ford,

Thanks for the input.. I have had a look at all my machines.. They all have 2006 Mains in them. I am just trying to get some communication to work between device and machine. Do you know if its critical I use the 2003 Mains? If so, does anyone have any info on this. Regarding the software? What chips to buy? Can I re flash the 2006 mains? What style of loaded you use?

I currently have a IGT S2000 communication with the SAS protocol. From what I can see the Bally's S6000 also uses this protocol, the communication should be the same, although its a little tricky to get all the machine settings proper.

Any info would be great,

Thanks Guys..

FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

PET

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 02:37:00 PM »

Old age is getting to me. The 2003's are for printing tickets. For what you want to do the 2006 mains should be what you want for it to work.
Did you try the settings I sent you? They were microsoft excel 2010.
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 03:08:29 PM »

Steve

Page 4 of the doc in this post has recommended settings for various systems. The Acres Gaming setings should do the trick.
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=11768.0
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.