Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 02:51:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  Game King Video Slot to PC (SAS RS232)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game King Video Slot to PC (SAS RS232)  (Read 84125 times)
SAT (aka GANDHI)
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 224

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2009, 08:38:13 PM »

well, I'm going to have to get me a language descrambler! rotflmao

bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing   yeah!!!! me too...

Keep it simple!!!
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2009, 04:34:46 AM »

Hear are the translations:

Probaj sa 19 200 8 - 1 - Even  - ovaj parity je jako bitan!

=
Try with 19 200 8 - 1 - Even - the parity is very important!

Oooo , Pa ja sada sam uvideo da ti si iz HR.
Pozdrav od  SK - MK !!! Ne mogu ti pomoci oko detalja za tvog programa - neznam C - ja sam pocetnik u V.Basic Net ali dogurao sam donegde , moja specijalnost je asm za PIC microcontrolere.

=

Oooo, I'm now uvideo that you are in HR. Greetings from SK - MK! I can not help you about the details of your program - do not C - I am a beginner in V. Basic Net dogurao but I donegde, my specialty is the ASM for PIC microcontrolere.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2009, 06:02:20 AM »

Oh, how I want to crack wise here. There's so much material... I'm just going to bite my tongue... Tongue Out Help knockout frying pan

On a serious note. Thanks zocky for all of the information. applause

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
zocky
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 57

« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 09:42:32 PM »

OK!
Now I have a question !
How I connect aristocrat model 540pcb to DACOM or other protocol device and take data from machine like SAS !
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:02:33 PM by zocky » Logged
zocky

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2009, 10:21:45 AM »

answer for "smol64"

Sorry !  "smol64"
My software can't work without hardware !
I implement and hard-lock usb dongle .
See my picture published before ,
it work with 32 machine , can read all electronics counter from Gamble Machine,pay in and pay out money or credit
can read cabinet status ( open door, lock .....) , read PCB status ( ready , game mod ,.....)
and now implement and jack pot system on second LCD monitor 40" ( mystery and progressive , and TIME jack pot exam. every day from 8.00AM to
12.00 PM fix price for RND active machine but only is active min. 5 GM )
Of course available and shift report with printed document and other stuff.

I repeat before question ???
How I connect aristocrat model 540pcb to DACOM or other protocol device and take data from machine like SAS on who connector , speed parity ...!
I know that is possible but don't know how .
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 10:41:42 AM by zocky » Logged
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 07:55:21 AM »

Hello Zocky

Thanks for the great info. Newer Aristocrats have SPC boards (Mk5 onwards ? - I could be wrong) that should translate whatever proprietary protocol Aristocrat uses to SAS.
There is a difference between the american and australian 540 - could you post a pic so we know what we are dealing with ?

Regards
Ian
zocky

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »

Sorry for late answer !

I success connect on cabinet MVP MK5 with SAS interface on P1 connector an communication with him is OK , but can't communicate with MK4 on P1 serial connector because  I don't know
"question" (how many bytes and cheksum ) for MK4 , speed , parity, ...
On my last visit on Belgrade fair seed one solution who is connect on P1 RS232 connector , and try but , without success .

Where find data about this communication protocol !
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:06:49 AM by zocky » Logged
Ozzy
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 254

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2009, 05:51:00 PM »

GOOD LUCK, really you are not getting anywhere with all this. SAS is SAS , pay the money and you will get the answers.

If you are all interested in designing an on line system, you will need to pay "MEAGA BUCKS" to Igt to start off with.

Keep hoping...

cheers

O Z Z Y
momixdj
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 11:43:23 PM »

you can use a trick to achive the wake up by snding first 0xff twice at 38400,8,n,1 and then the aset number (common is 1) at the normal sas speed of 19200 but in Mark parity state and then the rest in Space parity state and that will work fine.
momixdj
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2009, 11:48:21 PM »

the checksum is crc16 ccitt kermit, you can use an online calculator first an then make the code i all have it working allready and i did not pay a buck jo jo jo
momixdj
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2009, 11:52:34 PM »

and the "lenght of data field" does not count the aset number, the command, itself, and the crc (two bytes)
sandu adrian
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 05:55:49 PM »

please, can anyone tell me what is the exact specification of the serial port? because i've seen somewhere that is 19200 baud 8n1 and somewhere else 8 data bits 2 stop bits ans mark parity & space parity alternating after address
so witch is true?
and by the way it is rts handshake right?
i appreciate any answer
sandu adrian
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »

so i understood that wake up bits stays in the parity bits,only the address byte should have mark parity ( a 1 in parity area) and the command bytes + crc must have 0 in parity area witch is space parity
i made a program under windows changing parity type (only by closing and opening serial port at different parity type) but is not working. the problem is that i am able to make it under dos( changing the lcr (line control register) in asm ( turbo assembler ) or q basic ( inp and out)), of serial port (&h3f8) but in windows i need some drivers to make it work.
i used some kind of visual basic(purebasic) under windows can anyone help me i've seen someone developed a program with visualbasic ( Microsoft)
i appreciate any help.

Adrian
momixdj
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 06:22:33 PM »

i sent you a personal message.
Dneo

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 04:00:13 PM »

I have a referral system to the system through the SAS protocol works well, but need the SAS protocol version 6.02, I would be very grateful if someone would give me thi
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »

Which protocol version are you presently using Dneo?
Dneo

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 11:08:41 PM »

Hi,
I'm designing a SAS module to SNMP. I have it already working; don't know very well what version since I got all data by researching on the soft SASTEST by IGT. What I'd need would be  more information or the 6.2 protocol so that I can finish my project. If you happen to have an available protocol, could you please send it to me? Thnak you!

Pablo, from Argentina
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 11:57:46 PM »

I wish I did Pablo,  bawling
I'd send it to you in a heartbeat to see what you could do with it! yummy yes
jshields
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2011, 07:52:30 PM »

I am trying  to connect directly to the j81 port on the igt machines I am using a standard  rs232 to rs485 converter but can not get any comms can someone help me with the pinout do i need to use a half or full duplex converter?  I can connect to the machine through the rs232 port but need to go through the 485   Please help

« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:55:34 PM by jshields » Logged
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2011, 04:26:32 PM »

Welcome to NLG

Attached find schematic for comms board - Maybe this will help ?

* Comms Board Schematic.pdf (54.5 KB - downloaded 589 times.)
AndyP

Total Karma Storms: 127

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »

How many people are actually interested in a PC app to run SAS machine? I can do it without the need for special hardware (i think) and have a bunch of code already written for SAS protocol machines. Language would be C++, but might make it into a DLL for c# or vb.net. I dont have a SAS machine at the moment, but might be able to commission one in the near future.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 11:42:19 PM »

Does SAS allow for TITO usage (ie. would one be able to create a back-office TITO system for their basement with your PC app)?  If so, I'm sure there'd be lots of interest.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
AndyP

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »

Yes, there SAS protocol does have provision for TITO. Not sure how wide the support is from gaming machines though. I only have the later version of the protocol, so might not be usefull for older games. Unfortunatly, I cannot give out the protocol, as is signed under a non-disclosure agreement and my company name is plastered all over the document.

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 12:33:25 AM »

lol...I understand that you don't want to disclose anything about the protocol.
That's under your agreement with the big shots.
However, would you be under fire if you wrote a program that would work for us
slot homeowners to put on their PC to get their tickets to work on their home machines?

Personally, I don't want to know anything about the licensed protocol or any of the code -
I couldn't care less really.
I'd just like to be able to allow my own machine accept the TITO tickets
it prints out using a cheap laptop hooked up to an S+ or my S2000.

Could you guys make something like that?
Hide or encrpyt the protocol if you need to...it will protect you from any problems with the big shots!
It's all mumble jumble useless stuff to us anyways.  arrow
AndyP

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 07:20:48 PM »

Its impossible to hide anything! However we can make it hard!

When I have some spare time in the next couple of months I might put something together.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.