Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  Is it possible to do a VP accuracy system on my IGT AVP?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is it possible to do a VP accuracy system on my IGT AVP?  (Read 3168 times)
vpguy
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: January 03, 2014, 10:09:48 PM »

This might be a crazy post but here goes.

I've got an AVP machine that I play DDB on.  I noticed while in the keychip menu's it "appeared" that you could set the system to output the hand information.  This may or may not be true.  But if it is it got me wondering.

Would it be possible to write a system that would evaluate each played hand and provide statistical information on the gameplay.  This would be similar to what my iPad app does.  It flags incorrect holds and keeps a percentage of correctly held hands.

I understand that a computer would be needed, but that's not really a problem.  To me that would be really a really cool feature.  I "train" in my iPad all the time but when I play my machine other than setting "autohold" on (which I really don't like), there's no "training".  This would allow such a thing.  Of course, this would all be predicated on the machine actually putting out the data necessary to evaluate the hands.

Anyone ever given this a thought?  Is it difficult to set up a system to even determine what the machine will output?  Is that a serial setup?  I've got a few old laptops that still have serial ports.

I've installed a Bettor TITO system in my machine.  Hope that doesn't get in the way.

VPGuy.
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:01:30 AM »

Yes - http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16173.0

Could be done without a PC depending on how complex the algorithms are for determining optimum hands - I never really took the idea further.
jstaniev
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 07:46:45 AM »

Yes - http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=16173.0

Could be done without a PC depending on how complex the algorithms are for determining optimum hands - I never really took the idea further.

the algorithms for determining optimum hand decision trees via expected rate of return are available on wizardofodds.com, and if you browse deep enough there, you may find a link i've previously seen with sample code for 9/6 JoB, IIRC. should be easy enough to implement the 21-step decision process from Bob Dancer's basic 9/6 JoB strategy card to a B-tree array and search function, yeah?

this should be easily implementable with an arduino and a serial line level converter, maybe some additional minor glue logic for additional automation functions. i'd love to see it provide TITO functions -- or even an AUTOPLAY FEATURE?!! that could be fun to see -- let the thing play itself for a month, collecting the stats, and verify whether the payout table is really on point.
TZtech
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »

Thanks I will have a look for the code - have seen that site before.
Should not be to difficult to interface the buttons to arduino to hold/draw the best hand.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.