Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 11:01:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  Open source examples of SAS communication
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Open source examples of SAS communication  (Read 7445 times)
jiggywithit
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

« on: January 25, 2014, 08:21:47 PM »

I've been searching through the forums for a few days now, lots of good information but I have yet to
see someone share any code that they've written to communicate via SAS. I have an Arduino with a
TTL -> RS232 interface along with a bunch of other ARM boards to play with..

Anyone feel like sharing? Smiley
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 06:14:03 AM »

There are no Open Source code of SAS communication
If you search the State of Montana gaming board web site you will find a SAS Implementation document.
Otherwise you need to contact IGT to get anything about SAS there are hints about how it works in this particular forum
I have done 2 different home systems based on SAS for my S2000 and a friends S2000's.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
jiggywithit
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 04:25:18 PM »

There are no Open Source code of SAS communication
If you search the State of Montana gaming board web site you will find a SAS Implementation document.
Otherwise you need to contact IGT to get anything about SAS there are hints about how it works in this particular forum
I have done 2 different home systems based on SAS for my S2000 and a friends S2000's.

Thank you for getting back to me - I should of been more clear. I was wondering if any members had shared
the source code to their SAS controller projects. I know there is a .dll floating somewhere but I am more of a
Linux guy than Windows, so I was hoping for some example code I could port to a SBC like a Raspberry PI or
BeagleBone black.

I have found numerous accounts of 9 bit serial implementations not working but I'd like to try to solve that. I
used to write kernel drivers and have a logic analyzer, hopefully that will give me enough of a start to productively
debug it.

I put that on the back burner for now I am working on writing an I2C controller to drive the Bally player tracking
display.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 01:12:06 AM »

The bally displays are Noritake parts and the docs to use them are available
The Noritake itron CU20025ecpb can be controlled by the Arduino Liquid Crystal library directly you remove the Bally board from it
The Noritake itron GU...... is TTL serial and how you move the cursor and such is in the documentation for the device no need for the bally board on it either. if using a arduino you may need to use software serial library if you do not have an avaiable serial port. 328 chip only has one hardware serial port. 32u4 chip has 2 but 1 is usually tied to the USB connection for programming and cant usually be used by a program
there are arduino boards with more than 2 serial ports

In my PC program I configure the serial port for space parity and switch it to mark parity when I need to send the wake up bit
I do not know how you would emulate the 9 bit on Raspberry PI in C++ for unix
Arduino you change a bit in the serial port config bytes.

The DLL you are referring to was so to hide the SAS protocol since the guy that wrote the DLL signed a NDA with IGT or others.

Like this C# with .net libraries
Code:
// serial port configured for space parity in program or form setup - Windows Form Application

void sendToGame(byte[] command)
{
   serialPort1.Parity = Parity.Mark;
   serialPort1.Write (command, 0,1);
   Thread.Sleep(1); // 1 ms delay to make sure PC has sent the first byte before changing parity.
   serialPort1.Parity = Parity.Space; // default mode for the serial port
   // The only time the game machine will assert mark parity or set the wake up bit is when it thinks it has lost communications with the SAS host / server
   serialPort1.Write(command,1,commnd.Length-1);
}  
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 01:42:07 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.