new pinball machine owner question

(1/3) > >>

xpoc454:
Is there a guide to help me decide on what type of pinball machines are out there?  I own 3 80s slot machines and I believe I want a pinball machine or two from the same time era. What I am looking for is something with ramps,multi-ball and pull handle but not so new that its all run by a computer.  Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on some beginner reading for a beginner purchaser?

thanks
jim

JMac:
Here are 2 places to start looking and reading;

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl & in the newsgroups at rec.games.pinball  :3-

Good luck and enjoy the hobby!

Amachanic:
A great pinball machine from that time era is the Williams (High Speed) from 1986. Has flashing lights, rams, and Multiball play. I own one and its a ball.

Gary

xpoc454:
That high speed looks real good. Can I even get  a pull handle, multi-ball, 2-4 person pinball machine for under 2000$?  Something manly enough to pass my friends litmus test. I don't want a Care Bear pinball machine. :)

BR549 Auto Sales:
F-14 Tomcat is a really cool and fun machine to play from the early 90s, others that are really good from that era are

90s time frame:

Comet (Williams)
Cyclone (Williams)
Earthshaker (Williams)
Funhouse (Williams) but way overpriced

Time Machine (Data East)

As far as 70s- 80s era:

Space Invaders (Bally)
Paragon (Bally)
Silverball Mania (Bally)
Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally)
Flash Gordon (Bally)

Gorgar (Williams)
Black Knight (Williams)
Firepower (Wlliams)
Blackout (Williams)

I've owned all of these games at one time or another throughout the years and they all are great looking and playing machines, Only pins I own now are Medusa (Bally), Space Invaders (Bally), Hurricane (Williams) and a Firepower (Williams)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page