Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  IGT S+ problems
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IGT S+ problems  (Read 11155 times)
hedgee
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: September 24, 2009, 04:44:02 PM »

I have an IGT S+ game Double Black Tie 3 coin game.  The game powers up, but will not do anything else.  The reels have power to them as they are rigid.  The insert coin lamp flashes.  The game seems not to reconize the door optics and I can enter the test mode but can not get the reels to spin or test sounds etc.  I have looked at the board and see no obvious signs of problems.  The pins are all straight on the bottom of the board.  All fuses appear good. 
HELP!!!!
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »

Can you play in "test mode"?  With the door open, look for a little white button on the coin optics.  Press it to simulate coins dropping and then try to hit the reel spin buttons.  If it works, then your door optics are not working correctly (either bad optics, or they are not lining up, or are not connected).

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
hedgee

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 06:12:39 PM »

No you can't play the game at all.  The game does not even spin reels as it should when game is powered on.  I placed a good set of optics on game and still nothing.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 06:33:35 PM »

The game does not even spin reels as it should when game is powered on.

Do you have a different MPU board you can try?  Based on what you've said, my hunch is that there's something fried on the board you're using.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
AcePeter
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 190

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

I had the same type of problem it drove me nuts. I took out the power supply and found one of the wires had come unplugged from a connector ( inside the power supply,you cannot see that wire ). I plugged it back in and the machine came back to life.....Good Luck.....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:11:38 PM by AcePeter » Logged

If losing was a winner I'd be a millionaire!
NJB
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 07:12:38 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:38:54 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
hedgee

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 10:47:01 PM »

I tried the mother baord removal and nothing.  The game was not working when I purchased it, It had no optics.  I looked in the power suplly but could not find any wires off.  If something on the board was bad, would the game still light up, flash insert coin, display an error code ( 49)  I moved one of the reels.  When I placed the hgopper back I got a 3100 error which is common.  Nothing else works though!!! 
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 10:58:14 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:38:23 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
hedgee

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 11:03:56 PM »

No I know what button you mean, the white little button by the comparitor.  That does not coin up.  I did try unpluging and pluging most of the plugs, but that still did not help.  I will take some photos and post tomorrow.  Really strange???  I thought it was the cpu?
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:56:38 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:37:51 PM by ROCKET » Logged

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2009, 12:22:58 AM »

I tried the mother baord removal and nothing.

When you say that, are you saying that you tried a different MPU board?  If not, do you have a spare MPU board you can use to try in the problem machine?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
hedgee

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2009, 12:26:51 AM »

No, I have a pe game.  I can't seem to post photos for some reason, it says filke attachments are too large.
hedgee

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2009, 12:29:03 AM »

The game I am speaking about with the problem is an S+ game.  I do not have another board (s+)  My other game I own which I took the optics off of is a PE game.  Hope this clears some confusion.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 12:37:01 AM »

Make sure the optics on the door are red and black.
Those are "emitters"

The optics on the cabinet are red/white...
these are "receivers".

If you installed them backwards...they won't work...
hedgee

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 12:44:12 AM »

optics are correct
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 01:59:26 AM »

Okay,
Jiggle the door latch handle upwards to try and line up the optics...
the eyes may not be seeing each other uh,..."eye-to-eye"...

Secondly,
Look at the door optic (red/black)  with a video camera and see if there's light in the bullet casing...
If there's a white light in your video camera . then it's a good optic emitter, if not- it's burned out.

Thirdly,
We need to try and fool your MPU into thinking the door is "closed",
That way we can check to see if the cabinet side receiver optic is working...

Turn the power off...

Take a pair of wires (About telephone type size) about 3 or 4 feet long.
Use two colors such as green and red. Pull the optics connectors apart for the moment and store the tails aside.
We need the connectors that go back inside the machine for this...
Stick the green wire into the green receptor of the door optic molex connector.
Then stick the red wire into the red receptor of the door optic molex connector.

Now, with the other 2 ends of your telephone wire, stick the green wire into the green receptor of the cabinet optic molex connector.
Finally, stick the red wire into the white receptor of the cabinet optic molex connector.

Now, with the 2-wire harness all connected to the optic molexes, turn on the power switch of your machine...
the machine now "thinks" your door is closed...
it should run through the "boot up" sequence of:
#1 The fluorescents turning on,
#2 The reels doing their "maiden" spin
#3 The green (sometimes red) light coming on the the coin comparator on the door.
If the green or red light comes on on the coin comparator, that means the game is ready to accept coins.
Drop one coin through the slot on the front of the door and let it fall onto the floor.
Press the spin button...if the machine plays one full game/spin...then you know there's definitely something wrong with the "reciever" (red/white) optic on the cabinet-side...

If, after hooking up this 2-wire harness to your optics blows a fuse on the power supply, that's because you crossed the 2-wire harness into the wrong side of one of the  optic molex connectors...
Don't worry, just replace the fuse and try it again correctly.
Nothing happens to anything else except for the fuse burning...after all, that's what fuses are for!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:22:15 AM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 02:30:01 AM »

With all due respect, even if the optics aren't working the game would still operate in the 'test' mode (pressing the button under the coin comparator to put fake credits on the game), right?  If so, I stick by my original hunch and say that it's time to try a known good MPU board to see if the problem goes away.

hedgee

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 10:54:10 AM »

I will try this tonight,  I really think its the MPU.  I will purchase another MPU on line.  Thanks
Karaoke Mike
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 273

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »

Hi, just added a image resizer on the submit a new file. Use this microsoft program to resize your large picture files to make them small enough to post and best of all it is a free file, FREE The Wave The Wave

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 01:23:19 PM »

I totally agree with you knagl...
it's just that I was trying to get him to to do everything else besides going out and buy another MPU board.
And without getting into on-board repairs and troubleshooting...

Plus, not all the MPU boards on fleabay works either...
I know from before because I bought like a half dozen each (10MHz and 16MHz)
and out of the bunch, only 6 actually had no problems...I don't like those odds...

I found out much better to go purchased used boards from somewhat-reputable sellers.

Our vendors listed on the top of the page here are the best!
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »

Hey Rocket  how come you removed your Posts????

If you can get in the test mode then you can test all of the issues you are having. first and foremost get in the test mode and go to the inputs test. its when you have a 10-1 in the winner paid window. advance to test 13-1 ( either by hitting the service button or with the jackpot keyswitch-----depending what SP chip you have)  then close the door and push down on the latch as if you were going to lock the machine if the 13-1 cycles between 1 and 0  then your optics are working as they should.  then you could advance to the window where your SP ans SS number are displayed  then hit the spin button and your reels should spin and display the three top symbols. 

You could have a open loop in the optics circuit, you could be in the book keeping mode, you could have an open loop in the belly door, any of these will cause the issues you are describing.

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
hedgee

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 02:34:06 AM »

I tried the 13-0 test.  The number never changes.  When I go to the ss/sp mode as you stated, the numbers flas, but the reels do not spin and the spin reels button does not light.  I know the button work and lights from other test.  I disconnected the two wires from the switch in the belly glass and still nothing.  The only difference I have noticed is that I actually have sound in the sound test mode which did not happen before.
Jim
MIDWEST SLOTS

Total Karma Storms: 288

513-984-2201

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 02:31:36 PM »

if you optics are not working then the machine can never reset. first thing is to get the door optics working. in the cabinet where the optics plug is located, take a ohm meter and check the green wire to ground, I use the machine floor for this (its metal)  you should get continuity on this wire. Then repeat the process on the door optic plug , same results should apply. then you should get con tinunity from green wire to green wire. If not then here is the first part of your problem. 95% of the problems with this circuit were the door lock switch on the bill acceptor cash can door.  or with the belly switch.

At the door led you should read 5VDC  on the other wire, on the cabinet door phototransistor  you should read 8-10VDC .

Jim

MIDWEST SLOTS   Selling Quality Slot Machines since 1995.  We service and repair all types of slot machines. Mills, Jennings, Bally EM, 1000/2000 series, Proslot, 6000. IGT  M, M+ ,S,  S+, S-2000,  I-Game,  Universal,  Video Poker, Sigma.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 03:47:05 PM »

Great post Jim...
I actually have fun checking voltages and
resistances with my multimeter on a known good working machine...
without looking at a schematics...
when you do it enough, you get a feel for how much is needed whatever you're checking.

Then when you take a multimeter and
check a machine with problems - you instantly know whats wrong...!
That's where you can take the schematics and double check to see if you're right or not.

It's kinda like when I look at my gas guage in the car when I'm going down the road.
If the needle is on 'E", then I know I gotta go a get some gas!
But if the needle is 3/4's up there or near the "F"...then I'm okay!
I don't always need to look at the driver's manual to tell me that when the needle is on "F" -
that it's full of gas! Tongue Out

Again, great post!...we are lucky to have you here with us at NLG! yes

JOE5981
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2010, 04:33:35 PM »

can anyone tell me how to bypass cherry switches on a slat top igt i am getting same problem with error messages , i bought this thing and 2 of the switches were gone but i don't need them anyway i know they can be by passed , but don't know what steps. thanks for your help.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.