No picture on Odyssey monitor

(1/4) > >>

vette6048:
If your hard drive goes bad on the Odyssey would it prevent you from getting a picture on your monitor. When I power up my machine iy goes to 410,411 etc then it goes to 9999 but I get no Juggler on the screen, just a very very lite green screen and that is it. Before I was getting the Juggler and that was it but after I checked the boards and played around with the machine for about 2 hours I am getting the 9999 code but no Juggler and the button lights are not even lighting up. Any suggestions before I part it out.

CVslots:
You may have jiggled your Juggler away! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Something may have come loose if you had the Juggler and 9999, now you just have green screen and 9999. Have you checked the Robert Winters site (link on Home page, lower right side)? He offers the manual with error codes and troubleshooting. It may (or may not) help.

Don't part it out just yet...may be something relatively simple.

vette6048:
I have the manual for the Odyssey. I talked to Robert and he said it could be the Hard Drive. I hate to spend that kind of money on a hard drive and find out thats not the problem. Tried the machine today it goes 410,411,412 etc and as it is going through this the screen is green and as soon as the machine code goes to 9999 the screen goes black and no lights on the buttons. Not gonna run myself crazy on this beast. I had it for 2 years and I should count my blessings!! I have some extra boards for the Odyssey that I think I am gonna sell but I can't guarantee if they work!! I just might sell the machine as is cause the touch screen alone is a rarity to find and leave it up to the buyer to find a shipping firm. Just had my Game Magic shipped to me from Vegas and I used that company U-Ship the ones that are on TV.

vette6048:
This is it. Nobody else out there has any suggestions. Lets go here I sure somebody that has a Odyssey or had an Odyssey can suggest something besides throwing this monster out!!

Neonkiss:
Quote from: vette6048 on January 26, 2013, 01:09:53 AM

This is it. Nobody else out there has any suggestions. Lets go here I sure somebody that has a Odyssey or had an Odyssey can suggest something besides throwing this monster out!!

OK, but you already know the answer.
Change the hard drive!

If you don't like that answer then hook the drive to a computer via SCSI card and see if it responds. If not, again change the drive.
If it does read, then plug in your computer monitor. If the picture is good, then the monitor is bad. But if it also has a bad picture change the video card.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page