Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 05:10:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Mermaids Gold coinj error
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mermaids Gold coinj error  (Read 13404 times)
JT
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2011, 01:03:47 AM »

Well that was a fun party.  Shut it down and restarted it and it's dead.  No Bong no coinj error.  It's posting and both PROM tests occur and the Williams logo comes up, but that's as far as she goes.

She only has 2 red LED's on the Mobo when I push the power button, if that helps?
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2011, 01:18:58 AM »

2 red lights.... let me guess; the 1st and 5th light up and the 2nd, 3rd and 4th are out ???? Lower Power  Supply.... Gotta get a new one.   
JT
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2011, 01:19:54 AM »

Danged....good guess!  Any ideas where to go for it?
JT
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2011, 01:20:41 AM »

And by Lower you mean that big beefy one that has the power switch on it?
tollguy316

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2011, 01:25:14 AM »

Was I correct on the lights ?  Yes ; the bigh box.  You take off the 2 bolts that hold it on the wall.  There will be 7 molex connectors and the power cord that you have to disconect. When you do plug the molex connectors back; they go in no designated spot.. Just match 8 prong molex to 8 prong molex , 6 prong to 6 prong, etc... Open the box and you will see the power supply ( It looks just like ther top power supply).   You could check to see If any fuses are blown on the supply or in the case it is in.  ....  P.S.  how do you like Marmaids Gold ?  Any other games ?  Bill
JT
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2011, 01:27:50 AM »

Yes absolutely correct.  I checked the fuse just below the power switch.  Any others I should check?  Also any idea where to get one?

Mermaids gold is great.  Fun game (when it's working.....hehehe).  The dot games are very nice, almost classic.
JT
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2011, 01:28:15 AM »

I have Judge Dredd pin, Bride of pinbot pin, and Flip Flop pin.
tollguy316

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2011, 02:03:18 AM »

Sent a PM
JT
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2011, 03:25:10 AM »

I don't have any issue with spending the 100 or 130 however is there a way for me to verify that it is the PS or is it just a given knowing what you now know?  I'm in So. Cal.  shhhhhh.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2011, 04:26:22 AM »

JT-

Those lights on the MPU board are showing what voltages its getting from the power supply, so if all of them are not on, it's because the power supply isn't supplying all of the proper voltages.  It's a very, VERY common problem with this model of slot machine, so it's not a surprise at all that the power supply is dying/dead.

It's quite possible that your coin optics are bad, too, and likely just a coincidence.

You can make another post (or edit your first one) in the Classifieds section posting that you want to buy a lower power supply for your WMS 400 Dotmation Mermaid's Gold machine, and someone should be able to get one to you, or, if you're looking for a cheaper and better fix (since a replacement power supply will eventually fail like your current one did), there are posts here in this category (WMS Reel) that explain how to use a standard computer ATX power supply (around $25) and modify the wiring to power your machine from that.  The ATX supply will last a lot longer than the original factory one, and if it does ever die, it would be a simple and cheap plug-and-play change to put a replacement ATX in.

Edited to add: Check out this thread.  Reply #1 has a company that will repair your lower power supply for $35 (but, as I mention in that thread, it'll be prone to dying again at some point).  In reply #17 from Blueridge, he stated that he has some new old stock power supplies for $95.  (Click on his "View My Profile" button under his avatar for his contact info.)

Edited to add more: It looks like on that Adrian Electronics page (the link from Reply #1 in the link above) that he might be able to repair your coin optics board, too.

Edited again to add: I just dug up some old posts and stickied them to the top of the WMS Reel category.  They show how to replace your power supplies with an ATX power supply.  It's not as easy as sending your old PS out for repair and/or buying a new one and plugging it in, but you can do it yourself and it will last longer.  If nothing else, now you know your options.

PS. I *love* Bride of Pinbot -- that's a great game!  Do you know how to make it moo?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 05:08:03 AM by knagl » Logged

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
JT
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 02:15:29 PM »

Make it Moo?  Oh heck no!  Please advise!  I simply love my 3 pins.  Flip Flop is a game i used to play as a kid and although very slow, not even digital, but a great game.  Judge Dredd, 3 levels and multiball!  But Bride....I crack up using the Adult version.  So yes you  gotta tell me how to make it Moo!

Thanks for all the info above.  I am a computer tech and my company builds systems, so needless to say I have PS's all over the place.  I'm going to try that route and who knows, maybe the opto will work correctly with a new PS.  I did set the machine in demo mode which, for parties, will work fine for now, but I do want to fix the opto boards if I can.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 07:39:48 PM »

Make it Moo?  Oh heck no!  Please advise!

Check out this page which explains how to do it (look at the "Old MacDonald Had A Farm" section).

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
JT
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2011, 02:00:26 AM »

I can't get it to Moo.  I tried holding right for 45 sec, then releasing and holding left for 45 sec then releasing the holding both for 45 sec. Am I doing something wrong?
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2011, 07:32:59 PM »

Do each one for at least 45 seconds (it doesn't have to be exact, but it must be a minimum of 45 seconds), and when you switch between the two, don't release them for very long -- it should be a very quick release of one flipper to the other, then a very quick release of the second one and quickly engage both.  You should hear a very tiny "ding" after the both-flipper part of the sequence if you were successful.

(You mentioned something about the 'adult' mode of your Bride -- do you maybe have custom ROMs in there that don't have the mooing?)

For what it's worth, I've successfully made multiple Bride machines moo -- I promise you it's real.

JT
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2011, 11:23:29 PM »

I'll try it again.  No the Adult mode is built in, you have family mode and/or adult mode.  Her voice is very sexy in adult mode.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.