Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:42:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Lo9 code after juristiction fix
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lo9 code after juristiction fix  (Read 4419 times)
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 20

« on: January 28, 2011, 08:12:44 PM »

Hi,
      I found a williams big bangin piggy bank machine for sale and bought it knowing the juristiction error was on the machine. With the help from you guys, I soldered the two wires turn the machine on and it's giving a Lo9 in the window now. Anybody have any ideas on what that is or how to clear it? You guys are AWESOME!!! Thank you for all the help to us home slot users. Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 10:15:37 PM »

LO9 ; per the owners manual means Corrupt data log file...   Scratch Head Scratch Head  Never had that one before... Start by reseating the chips.  See If it clears when you hit the red diag. button on the cage.  If nothing else ; do a ram clear....   Giood luck.  Bill
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 10:24:43 PM »

Thanks for the reply ! After I posted,I hit the test button once and it cleared and came up with something different. Then I hit the test button again and the game came up and have been playing ever since!!!  I don't know how long it was sitting ,but working fine now! Awesome game!!! applause
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 10:43:12 PM »

Hey, spectacular news.  Great to hear.

Big Bang Piggy Bankin' was the first title I had for my Dotmation machine, and is still a favorite of mine.  You have a great game -- I hope it provides you with years of enjoyment.  yes

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
tollguy316
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »

Great to hear that you got it going.    Enjoy the machine... It's a great title.    Bill
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 11:02:41 PM »

Thanks guys!!! I'm having a BLAST with it! I'm glad it was an easy fix,other than a reel basket crumbling up on it now. Silly Me! Just put an ad in the classifieds for a new one ! Hope somebody comes through with one. I'll keep you posted and post pictures soon!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 04:02:34 AM »

A couple of places to try for your reel baskets, if nobody comes through from your ad:

http://rudysdeals.com/ -- I don't see any listed, but send John an e-mail -- he may have some.

Also, just spotted this on eBay -- $25 for 3 baskets (only - no reel assembly though) plus $8 shipping.  Less than 10 hours left as I post: http://cgi.ebay.com/WMS-400-40S5-REEL-BASKETS-NEW-3-EACH-/110630119052?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c211a68c

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 12:44:33 PM »

Thanks knagl !!!! Hail Hail Hail With an hour left to go on the auction I bought the reel baskets ! After doing a quick search on the web, I didn't see any options but the EBAY auction you had found.Thanks again guys you are the best! Clap Clap Clap Soooooo with that being said,I didn't notice till last night that the machine is not accepting bills Scratch Head The panel is not lit above the BV ,the bv will take the bill and spit it back out. So I'm thinking maybe the machine doesn't know it's there. Anybody know how to figure that out? And I have supposably he gave me a clear chip,although I have know idea where it goes or how to go about using it. Thanks again for the help applause applause applause
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 10:58:05 AM »

What kind of bills are you using?  Start with a simple $1 bill in good condition and see if it'll give you credit.

Actually, do you know what jurisdiction it's set for now?  If it's New Jersey, the smallest bill it will accept is a $5, and if the software in your bill validator is too old, it won't accept any of the new-style 5s.  Do you have an old-school (non large-portrait) $5 you can try?

jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 12:33:39 PM »

I have the two pieces of wire soldered in for the las vegas juristiction, I couldn't believe when that thing fired up after an easy fix. It shot a couple other codes after the Lo9 and I kept hitting the test button and it eventually told me door open,I closed it and have bandaging up the reels ever since. When you turn the machine on you get a pong right off the bat and then it does it's start up and it's playable.The guy that I got the machine from said the bill acceptor worked before. I have tried $1,5,20's in it, takes the bill gives it a electronic noise(like not accepted) and spits it back out. I am wondering if the machine knows the BV is there, the 4 bulbs above the BV in the door do not light up either(where it says insert bill face up) which makes me assume that the BV will not accept bills until them bulbs light up. Do you have any idea on how I can find out if the machine knows it has a BV in it? This is my first WMS machine, I didn't know if you have to tell the machine the BV is there(like the IGT's) Any help would be appreciated!!!  Hail Hail Hail
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 12:43:27 PM by jer3270 » Logged
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 10:19:15 PM »

Try changing the light bulbs.  If memory serves, those lights are on all the time and are likely just burnt out.

One "bong" is normal at startup.

Using just a $1 bill, am I correct that the validator takes the bill in, then rejects it back out?  You said it makes a noise -- is it a noise from the speaker of the machine, or just the sound of the gears in the validator moving around?

What validator is in there?  A DBV-200 or something else (there should be a label on the top of the validator, with the door open)?

You don't have to enable the validator like an IGT machine -- it should just work.  Do you have a $0.25 clear chip for your game?  I wonder if the jurisdiction change has something to do with the validator not accepting bills now.  I'd start by doing a clear with the $0.25 chip and see if that resolves your issue.

Backing up, I'm a little confused.  You said that you bought the machine with a jurisdiction error on it, yet the previous owner claimed that the bill validator had been working.  It's not like the machine could have been working when you bought it, right?  Can you clear any of that up?

(For the record, I don't have any jumpers in use on my machine, and my Big Bang software (and other games) run fine.  I'm almost wondering if you might just need to remove the jumpers (like it was when you bought it, and presumably worked at some point like that), do a clear, and it'll all work properly.)

jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 03:24:37 AM »

Thanks for the reply knagle ! While NLG was down. I took the cash box out and stuck a $20 in it and it took it(however that worked out with no known modification) I am going to check the bulbs next and see if they are burned out like you said. Any idea's on where to find the back lit reel housings and brackets? I have been searching and asking,but have come up with nothing.One of mine snapped at some point and is un-repairable.Also I have one vertical line out on the matrix screen ,any known repair for that? Or where to find a screen if it becomes an issue? Thanks again for all your help!
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 04:48:03 AM »

Jer-

I saw you posted an ad in the Classifieds section -- that's a good place to start.  Also, if you didn't do so before, try contacting John at http://rudysdeals.com/ -- I bought some reel assemblies from him in the past.

As far as the DMD, I don't know how much luck you'd have repairing it.  Clay (cfh) would know for sure, as he's the WMS Dotmation expert and a pinball guy, too (the DMD is the same kind that was used on Sega pinballs, if memory serves, and is very similar (but a different size) to those used in the later model Bally/WMS pins).  A quick Google search of DMD repair yeilds some pinball-related results.  I'd contact Clay before attempting any of it, though, to see what his experience has been with it.

Replacement screens are available on a limited basis.  They pop up from time to time on eBay, and can be pretty expensive.

jer3270
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 06:55:02 PM »

Great ! Thanks again knagl, I'll try getting a hold of him after I shovel out from the 22inch snow fall last night. UGHHHHHH!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.