Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 03:13:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Stampede AGAIN --Fail LED
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stampede AGAIN --Fail LED  (Read 3943 times)
jsmith
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 101

« on: September 24, 2011, 02:47:53 PM »

I turned on my Stampede machine this morning, and was about to fix my previous problem ( see other post) and now have no display at all !!   Duh!    ALL LED's are on INCLUDING the fail.  The reels now seem loose, and I didn't hear the "bong" as it booted up.   What's the machine trying to tell me with the FAIL LED?        Can anyone give me some direction as to what I should do or look for.
                              Thanks JSmith
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 03:17:11 PM »

With all LEDS lit, the first thing is to make sure that your IO and CPU Board are secure and tight. Possible IO board problem?

Also, if the LED on the left is on, it indicates power supply issues?

There are a lot more smarter people here that can help  more then my 2 cents. Hopefully they can help.
jsmith
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »

Thanks Dale,----   I went back to the Machine and turned it on again.  Twice it booted up and the display came up. I decided to swap out the clear chip and do the procedure to make it work .  Guess what!  After the swap,  it went back to :  all LED's on, and no display.  I have no idea what's happening. Scratch Head  It is hardly consistant except  it is ALWAYS giving me a headache.  I do appreciate all of your help and everyone else also.  I'll keep trying, and if any more ideas are out there, send them my way. 
  Kicking the machine isn't needed --DONE THAT
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:35:02 PM »

Wow, the LED on the left that is lit is bothersome. According to the manual if all the LEDs are lit 'Bad or loose CPU board or IO board'.
Do you have extra boards to swap out?

DS1 LED is on. Bad Power supply.
Didn't you change that already? Did you put in the correct one? What numbers are on it?

Display is Black. Bad or disconnected cable, Bad display.

These are right out of the manual. Hope this helps. An uneducated guess is leaning towards a bad board or a faulty Power Supply.
kenokarz
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 284

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:47:55 PM »

check you p.m
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 07:49:21 PM »

Thanks Dale,----   I went back to the Machine and turned it on again.  Twice it booted up and the display came up. I decided to swap out the clear chip and do the procedure to make it work .  Guess what!  After the swap,  it went back to :  all LED's on, and no display.  I have no idea what's happening. Scratch Head  It is hardly consistant except  it is ALWAYS giving me a headache.  I do appreciate all of your help and everyone else also.  I'll keep trying, and if any more ideas are out there, send them my way.  
  Kicking the machine isn't needed --DONE THAT

Have you replaced your power supplies ?   They are very sensitive and go often in the 40x dotmations.  There is a whole section on NLG for converting to an ATX power supply
jsmith
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »

Thanks to ALL!!
      I think Dale hit the " nail on the head"  I fooled around with the boards and it felt like the left side went in a little better.  I turned on the machine, display worked---  I then did the clr chip swap and low and behold my Stampede is alive!!  My wife is playing it as I type.  Thanks everyone for your help.  I can't say enough about this web-site.  It's GREAT!!!    There is one exception to that though, ---  I just got an e-mail that said Dottie beat my score in the arcade.   That's where I'm about to go-- wish me luck
              JSmith     
dale
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 09:38:15 PM »

Cool, glad I could actually help.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.