Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  BB1 3-reel config/boot problem - fixed
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB1 3-reel config/boot problem - fixed  (Read 4240 times)
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 119

« on: March 14, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »

Help Help Help Help

Doing an initial config on my first Bluebird. I put in the clear chip; got to config menu (someone else actually got me into the menu when i was doing something else), accidently hit save on one of the configs that i didn't want to. No biggie, i'll just clear it again. Brought machine home (it was somewhere else at the time) put clear chip in, cleared fine, told me to power down and replace chips, so far so good. Power down and put game and os chips back in; power up.. Boots thru linux, gets to the blue WMS  screen after linux bootup get small "call attendent" message, but it continues loading the game for a couple minutes. Loads game images then a 2nd bigger "call attendent" overlaying the first "call attendent"; at the bottom of the LCD screen it just has "restart". That's where it stays, diagnostic button not responding. If i turn the jackpot key i get some config errors (because it seems to be skipping the config screen so things not set). I'm assuming the "loading game images" is the last loading that happens before the game/config happens.

There are no errors when the linux boots (as i'm watching each step) or anything else along the way that i can see. Unfortuntely i was not 100% involved to getting to the config menu that very first time when it worked, so i don't know if the "call attendent" had popped up originally or not, before the button was pushed to get into the config menu options.

main door is open during all this; so it shouldn't think that the door is closed.

I have tried the clear like 20 times now, doing slightly different things (door closed, mpu cover open/closed etc..). I have made sure the cards are seated and connections are good.

So what would stop the config from coming up after succesfully using the clear chip (the one that had worked previously on that same machine).  Scratch Head

The reels do the step rotation as it's booting up like they should. Unfortunately i do not have a 2nd machine to swap things to troubleshoot..

Any ideas anyone ? Maybe i'm doing some simple step wrong ? This is driving me nuts, and my wife says it's making me ugly  frying pan

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 04:54:49 PM by teamclark4 » Logged
laneman
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 55

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 06:02:09 PM »

When it says call attendant,did you turn the jackpot reset key to see if it says anything?
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:56:47 PM »

i am pretty sure it keeps skipping the config screen because it thinks the door is closed.. Which is why it actually loads the game before getting to "call attendent".. I see 2 door switches.. One is above the reels on the cabinet; when i push it the inside machine lights go off; so i know that one works. 

The next one below that is a cherry switch that is about an inch or two below the door release lever (so about at the bottom of the reels height wise) on the cabinet. that doesnt seem to do anything when i push it; though if that top one turns out all the lights i don't know if this one will be an obvious on/off. Just to be sure i grabbed a cherry switch from another machine and replaced it, still no change. So maybe it's what is at the other end of the 6 wires connected to this switch that i need to check ?

I do not see any other door switches that if malfunctioning would make the system think the door is closed. Could there be another door switch i don't know about that is stuck "closed" ?.
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:20:39 PM »

From that cherry switch next to the door release; here are 3 of the wires (black, red, grey)  i traced to the bottom that are just laying there.  Don't know if they are supposed to be connected or not...  Someone with a Bluebird 1 can verify ?

Thanks.

* bb1-3wire.JPG (891.93 KB, 2374x1288 - viewed 372 times.)
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »

i switched out the cherry switch and now it knows that the door is open.. I have got into the config screen after doing the clear. I have set all the options but i'm not finding where i can set the paytable. "Paytable not set" is my last error; after pushing the diagnostic switch and getting into config, setup, game setup.. It says "No game setup options at this time".. I'm assuming this is the screen where normally i would set the % ?
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 04:54:33 PM »

I was able to get into the Denom config and set the paytables.. So configuration is complete finally  applause
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 02:10:14 AM »

Congratulations on getting the machine working, and thank you for posting your findings/troubleshooting here to help someone in the future.  K+ to you.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.