Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:28:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  WMS Piggy bankin problems (Denmark- Europa)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WMS Piggy bankin problems (Denmark- Europa)  (Read 5220 times)
Lubeck
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 10, 2013, 03:53:19 PM »

Hello everybody.
My name is Anders , and i am writing to you guys all the way across the pond, here in Denmark (home to the little mermaid and Hans Christian Andersen )
At some point in the past a WMS Big Bang Piggy Bankin found it way here to this contry. And not long ago, i purchased the machine and have a hope that it might live and breathe again.
I already emailed CHF, and he told me about the PS fix, i then found this site, and have read the intire forum, in search of something that might could help my machine..
Here is were i am:
The machine powers partly up, the DMD says , checking Prom 1, Checking prom 2, then Williams logo , dotmation TM 5.13 powers of after 45 sec.
No light in buttons or lower display.
Coin comp erator working,
Bill slot running at start up..
All LED light, including fail LED
Done the ATX PS fix, no change
Replaced the #c5 cap in the original plover supply, no change
Checked all the fuses, all good.
try ed to power up the machine without the DMD, no change
Resat the proms and cards, no change
Checked the voltage according to CHF, all good .. +5, +12, -12 and plus 20 for the DMD
Checked the 3,6v battery.. good.

Funny thing i noticed.. when doing the ATX PS fix, i saw the orange wire in the connectorthat goes in to the back pane was removed and isolated using tape?? i plug ed it back in the connector but.. No change

Hope you guys can help me.. Help
Ohh,, and a big thanks to chf and all the others that took the time to make the picture guides...you are the best..  Hail have learend alot allready from those guides
Best regards
Anders from Denmark
Lubeck

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 01:10:40 PM »

Hello again
As told in my other post, i have some problems with a Big bang piggy bankin slot  http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=24067.0
In my eternal quest for knowledge i stumbled across a manual for the Williams slot, skimming thru the manual i saw a layout of the CPU board, were some epromes were marked... BUT my board looks like this!!
Is my eproms missing or should it look like this???? if not, then i found my problem!!
could someone please confirm
best regards
Anders from Denmark

* Billede 2013-05-12 16.50.04.jpg (1949.87 KB, 2592x1936 - viewed 378 times.)
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 01:37:50 PM »

Yes I agree that you are missing the:
Game EPROM at XU2
RAM clear chip at XU3
Sound EPROMs at XU17, XU18, XU30 and XU31
and the Daughter Board.

Post in the WTB section and the vendors
will contact you if available.

One step at a time.
Lubeck

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 02:53:25 PM »

Thank you very much... So there is a good reason why the machine is NOT working  Silly Me!
The daughter board, is that the small board with a com connector or something like that, that fits in to the cpu board ( saw a picture on the web like that )

Thanks for your help..
Best regards here from Denmark  YOU ROCK!!!
Lubeck

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »

So far one Big problem has been found.. ALL my eproms are missing  Silly Me! so will try to find some new ones, if anyone has a spare set, please let mé know, then i will buy.. Have also posted this in the wtb section
Best regards
Anders from Denmark
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 04:52:33 PM »

I must be getting old but I don't recall any Daughter Board ??

For what it's worth there are some eproms in the top box, inside the dotmation screen box, make sure you have them. as I recall there should be three.    Oh and how many coin game is it ??

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Lubeck

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2013, 05:20:32 PM »

Hi buzz
Well i dont know about the daughter board.. hopefully i dont need one as it might be harder to find then the eproms..
Yes,,, there is three eproms behinde the dotmation screen.... So far, so good  yes  The machines has a label that says play 3 coins..
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »

Well there are two boards but one slides in above the one that has the eproms. I'm not sure if I have anything for a 3 coin machine. Give me a couple of days and I can see what I have. My Wife has a 5 coin Big Bang at her house and I will have to pull that board out and compare it to what I have.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Lubeck

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2013, 06:45:32 PM »

Yup, have the top board too... and all led are light, including the fail.. but guess there are no mysteries in that when the eproms are missing..
Thank you so much for taking the time to looking into this for me..  Hail
if you have spare parts for the machine that i need, i am more than willing to buy

Looking forward to hearing from you
Best regards
Anders
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:24 PM »

If you need any more pics of working boards and whatnot, let me know as I have 2 machines up and running at my house.  Also, some of the games have a different number of sound chips.  Some use both XU17 and XU18, some use 1, and at least one game (Stroke of Luck) uses neither.  I dont have a Big Bang Piggy Bankin so not sure exactly how many chips you are short.  One thing to watch out for, Williams made 2 versions of this game.  The first one was called "Piggy Bankin", the 2nd "Big Bang Piggy Bankin".  The link below tells you why it happened but make sure you get all the software from the right game. 

Here is a good website that has info and pics on all the different Dotmation games--its an interesting read if nothing else.  http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/wmsslot.htm

Sounds like you have the manual, but if you are missing parts, let me know and I can email it to you (too big to post).  The section on game changes is the first place you will probably need to concentrate.  You also most likely are going to need a ram clear chip to reset the game, if you dont have one already.  Once you get the software, there may be some jurisdiction issues to resolve and a couple of jumpers to check.  Other than that, sounds like you just may be on your way to a functional Dotmation in Denmark--congrats!!

I hope this info helps.  They are pretty neat slots and were ground breaking in their time with the Dotmation screens.  Good luck!   Cool Thumbs-Up

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
Lubeck

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 04:56:52 AM »

Hi Fourbyracer, thanks for all the info..Yes found the pinrepair site, an have read allot already.. great stuff.
Mine is the large Big bang piggy bankin.. see pictures below..
I would LOVE a list of parts!!  my mail is: anders.lubeck@gmail.com   Mail
Sounds like I'm on the right track.. and i am really excited about all of this.. For what i have heard, the machine got to denmark sometime in the pass, proberbly on a American cruise ship.. the the machine has gone from owner to owner, without anyone EVER really try ed do fix the machine, or even bother to find out what could be wrong!
i am determined to get this machine to work again, such a beautifully machine should NOT be stored away in a cellar or dusty warehouse.. and i hope that with your guys help, it might just work!!
Think about this machine, the next time you buy a danish, at your local bakery   Tongue Out

All the best from Denmark

* Billede 2013-05-13 08.35.38.jpg (1822.04 KB, 1936x2592 - viewed 371 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.