Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 03:07:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Need Help - Williams Winning Streak Slot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need Help - Williams Winning Streak Slot  (Read 4975 times)
EWinter
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: May 12, 2013, 11:48:55 PM »

bawling I have an old but still fun to play Williams Winning Streak Slot. The issue I have is the Matrix Display has stopped working. It is a Cherry PD32F2G1 display. Anyone know if it can be repaired or where to find a replacement? Any info would be greatly appreciated...
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:26:24 AM »

I've seen the screens come up on eBay from time to time -- search for "Dotmation" on eBay to find related stuff.  You could also try posting a WTB ("Want To Buy") ad in the classifieds section of this forum to see if one of the vendors has one available for sale.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 234

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 01:30:57 AM »

Are you sure it isnt just the common upper power supply failure?  If it is, there are detailed posts on this site how to change it out with either a switching power supply from a video game, or what I have is a computer ATX power supply running mine.  Here are a couple of photos showing my setup (if that is what your machines problem is).  I am literally using 2 plugs off of the ATX power supply--that is it.  The square 4 prong molex plugs right in to the Dotmation controller board,  **PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW!!** and you cut the red wire on the rectangular 4 prong molex plug and plug it in to the back of the Dotmation screen.  I did not modify this game but I can tell you it works and has been running for a year at my house.  Also do a search and you will see several other ways detailed.  Good luck.

*** EDIT:  It has come to my attention that this 4 prong molex plug has been modified from a stock ATX power supply plug.  The pins are reversed.  That is the yellow power wires and the black ground wires have changed position.  As I said above, I did not design this "fix" but it does work and has been in service now for more than 1 1/2 years.  If you use this fix, just make sure you reverse those wires from the ATX and make them look as shown in the picture.

* plug 2.jpg (397.18 KB, 695x645 - viewed 349 times.)

* Plug.jpg (891.94 KB, 1261x1055 - viewed 324 times.)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 10:59:33 AM by Fourbyracer » Logged

What we do in life, echoes in eternity...
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:34:24 AM »

That's a valid point.  Does your machine still play, or is it giving you a Dot Fail message?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
EWinter

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 07:12:32 PM »

Thank you guys for the info - will try them out.... Oh and yes the game plays perfectly and I can hear the bonus round, just cant see it on the matrix display screen.
Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 07:49:08 PM »

Kinda strange for the screen to be 100% out with everything else still working.  I thought the displays usually slowly gassed out (get dark spots in the most used areas) or lose full lines or columns at a time, if they were to fail.  Are you sure none of the connectors have come loose?  Definitely seems like a connection broken in there somewhere (board, wire, molex, soldier joint, loose eprom, etc).  I would look very closely at those before buying a new Dotmation screen myself.  Wish I could be of more help but I have never seen that exact problem.

Fourbyracer
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »

EWINTER  Did you ever figure this one out an get it working?

EWinter

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »

Sorry man - been crazy busy with work, got  the power supply and recommended items just havent had a chance to see if it works. As soon as I do, I will definitely let you know. Thanks for the help.
EWinter

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 09:47:13 PM »

Well!! Followed the instructions, got the power supply, cut the red wire (no explosion) - phew, connected where it needed, and???? NADA! now I may be doing something wrong as I checked the power going into the supply and got the 120v - when I checked any of the plugs - nada. Same as the power supply coming from the game. I attached the power supply pic....

* power supply.jpeg (1867.86 KB, 2448x3264 - viewed 345 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.