Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Piggy Bankin boot issue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Piggy Bankin boot issue  (Read 44299 times)
CyberPeres
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2013, 03:25:32 AM »

Thanks for the good words !
CyberPeres

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 01:04:52 AM »

Still working !!!!!!!!! Yea !  rotflmao

However I made an attempt to adjust settings... I get into the menus ok and I can even cycle the "focus" to different data digit fields, but pressing "spin reels" is not changing the data however. I get a sound that makes me think it's rejecting the input. I suspect that my reset chip was for a 40X, 50X video slot and the settings are locked somehow. You'd think I would not get a clean clear or even operate, but it does and I do play well now.
rokgpsman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

Just a curious observer...

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 01:32:12 PM »

Which particular setting are you having trouble getting to change?

I've heard that some settings can not be changed if you have credits currently on the machine. If you have credits on it try playing off the credits down to 0 and then see if you can change the setting. I don't think the reset chip is the same for the 40X machines as for the 5XX models so hopefully you have the one for 40X. Your machine is a 40S5 model (right?) so the 40X reset chip is the correct one, is used on models 400, 401, 40S5 from what I know. I don't think any of the settings can be locked by a reset chip.

If it is the volume you are trying to change be aware that some games only let you change volume on SND1 setting, the other sounds are then adjusted by the software, not user settable. You'll see something like "AUTO" displayed when this occurs.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 01:37:51 PM by rokgpsman » Logged
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 03:34:39 PM »

I've heard that some settings can not be changed if you have credits currently on the machine. If you have credits on it try playing off the credits down to 0 and then see if you can change the setting.

I Agree

I came here to post this.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CyberPeres

« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2014, 12:34:41 AM »

Thanks, that pointed me in the right direction, you were right my chip is good. also right is the change settings were blocked (flagged off) by a state. It wasn't the credits that were blocking it. I had a bill-door open tilt code. when I open the machine I jarred the bill door, there is some slop in it. it's just enough to cause the code, and the code blocks changes.  eventually i'll try to fix the mechincal issue but for now a simple jumper work. You guys got me thinking a software flag was what I was seeing. it was a matter of what flag.

Which particular setting are you having trouble getting to change?

I've heard that some settings can not be changed if you have credits currently on the machine. If you have credits on it try playing off the credits down to 0 and then see if you can change the setting. I don't think the reset chip is the same for the 40X machines as for the 5XX models so hopefully you have the one for 40X. Your machine is a 40S5 model (right?) so the 40X reset chip is the correct one, is used on models 400, 401, 40S5 from what I know. I don't think any of the settings can be locked by a reset chip.

If it is the volume you are trying to change be aware that some games only let you change volume on SND1 setting, the other sounds are then adjusted by the software, not user settable. You'll see something like "AUTO" displayed when this occurs.

rokgpsman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

Just a curious observer...

« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2014, 01:56:19 AM »

That's good you are getting familiar with the diagnostics and figured out this problem with the bill door tilt.

There are a couple of switches that can cause nuisance problems and many homeowners simply defeat the switches to eliminate the possibility of those problems since the switches are not needed for home use. The 2 switches are on the right side of the machine while facing it, inside the bill compartment. Near the pull handle there is a door that allows access into the compartment area where the paper money (bills) is stored. In the bottom of this compartment there is a spring loaded switch that sticks up into the compartment thru a slot, it is near the back portion of the compartment. You can simply put a piece of duct tape or similar over the slot in the compartment to keep the switch pressed down. Or you can look up under this area inside the machine above the hopper and disconnect one of the switch wires. This switch is to sense if the paper money storage box is removed and most homeowners take this box out for convenience.

Also, there is another switch in the top portion of this same paper money storage compartment. It is to sense if the paper money storage compartment door itself is opened/unlocked. This is the switch that can cause a lot of nuisance faults. The door lock and cam are often worn or out of alignment, or someone replaced them and the cam isn't the right length. Again, many homeowners defeat this switch with tape or you can simply pull one of the wires loose from the switch. An open circuit is seen as a "good" signal on these circuits. To remove one of the wires from the upper switch you may have to temporarily remove the bill validator to get to it.

Both of these switches have wire connections using slip-on/slip-off spade connectors. Also, the voltage on the wires is a low voltage logic signal so it is safe. If you disconnect a wire it is probably best to tie it back or tape it up so it can't accidentally touch the chassis. Another method is to move one of the wires to the unused terminal on the switch. It can stay there for safekeeping, these switches have 3 terminals - common, Norm Open and Norm Closed. If you do move the wire to the unused terminal on the switch then you don't want to also use the tape method, as this could put the circuit back in fault mode (depending on which 2 terminals of the switch you used).
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:16:22 AM by rokgpsman » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.