Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 08:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  X Factor Reel Light
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: X Factor Reel Light  (Read 4827 times)
TVB2868
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: January 13, 2014, 02:52:42 AM »

I have read on this site a couple times that something neat about (edit) Winning Streak X Factor were the black background on the reel strips and that it used a blacklight in place of the standard light for the reels. I have looked at a lot of pictures and I have never seen this black light. I'm looking at buying one and it too has a standard light. Did it actually have one and you cant tell from pictures? Did it come through with a blacklight but then just get replaced with standard ones as time went on? Is it a special size blacklight that you can't find? Sooooo many questions and no answers from me. I'm sure someone out there will know the scoop!

Edit- I was actually looking at a Winning Streak kit when I wrote the post. Sometimes there's just too much going on in my head!!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 03:57:45 PM by TVB2868 » Logged
4 Deuces
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 698

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 11:47:15 AM »

Hmmm ... are you referring to backlit reels?  Like this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IGT-S2000-BACK-LIT-3-REEL-KIT-/190923972148

Then, the reel strips are black on the back except where the symbols are so that symbols light up.  For examples, check out CentralValleySlots here ...

http://www.centralvalleyslots.com/double-double-dribble-reel-strip-set.html

:Dave wave
TVB2868

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 04:00:47 PM »

No it's actually the light that shines down on all the reels.

I put Winning Streak in the post when I actually meant X Factor. Sorry. I corrected the original post.
rokgpsman
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 6

Just a curious observer...

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 06:24:43 PM »

I have read on this site a couple times that something neat about (edit) Winning Streak X Factor were the black background on the reel strips and that it used a blacklight in place of the standard light for the reels. I have looked at a lot of pictures and I have never seen this black light. I'm looking at buying one and it too has a standard light. Did it actually have one and you cant tell from pictures? Did it come through with a blacklight but then just get replaced with standard ones as time went on? Is it a special size blacklight that you can't find? Sooooo many questions and no answers from me. I'm sure someone out there will know the scoop!

Edit- I was actually looking at a Winning Streak kit when I wrote the post. Sometimes there's just too much going on in my head!!!

Use of a black light on the inside of the door to light the reels was discussed in another message thread, it might give you some info:

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=26566.msg205454#msg205454
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:19:23 AM by rokgpsman » Logged
TVB2868

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 03:15:56 PM »

Does anyone out there have an X Factor with the black light in it. I would really like to hear your opinion on it and see if it would be worth pursuing.
dale
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 60

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 03:53:17 PM »

I actually put a black light in the reel glass, the top box and the Belly Glass. I did not put any in the reels themselves. It looks pretty cool at night in the darkened room. I thought it could have been brighter but the glow is very soft, almost blurry. I gave the game to my brother a few years ago and I have no pictures, sorry.

Dale

You can find the sizes you need at Home Depot and any pet store that has aquariums.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.