Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Jackpot Party not coming up
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jackpot Party not coming up  (Read 9530 times)
PinballWiz
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 37

If I'm not home, I'm at The Borgata

« on: June 25, 2009, 04:29:07 PM »

Hey there,

I've got a party coming up this weekend, and my Jackpot Party slot is not coming up.  When I turn on the power, the fluorescent bulbs light, the dot matrix display comes up and says "Williams", but that is about it.  The reels do not initialize, the LED's do not come on, and none of the panel buttons light.

I'm hoping it may be a fuse, but I do not know where they are!!   Help

Can someone help me out, and let me know what I should be looking for, in order to get my game running again?

Thanks,
Rob

---
Rob Rosenhouse
Verona, NJ
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 04:48:28 PM »

It's just not a party without Jackpot Party !!!  propeller

Could your bottom box power supply be shot?  You say the flourescent comes on, is it only the top box one that comes on or is you belly coming on also?  There is a seperate power supply for the top box is why I ask.  When was the last time you had it turned on?

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
PinballWiz

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 04:51:53 PM »

It's just not a party without Jackpot Party !!!  propeller

Could your bottom box power supply be shot?  You say the flourescent comes on, is it only the top box one that comes on or is you belly coming on also?  There is a seperate power supply for the top box is why I ask.  When was the last time you had it turned on?

The top and belly come on.  It seems like the computer portion is not getting all it's power.  The reels are free spinning, as if the power is off.  I reseated all of the connectors I could find, pulled the two pc boards out and reseated them as well.

Gotta get this Party started.....

Rob

---
Rob Rosenhouse
Verona, NJ
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 05:01:27 PM »

Sounds like the power supply if all your connections look good to you.  Might wait for one of the pros to chirp in before you go on a search for a new one.  I had a similar issue recently on a S2000 where the I was geting NetPlex failures and even though the supply worked for some components, it was not working for everything.  Changing it out fixed the problem.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »

Rob before you go to far check the battery on the MPU board. Most likely not the problem but the easyest thing to check. and  (makes you think you did something )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 05:15:50 PM »

I just sent a PM to JDMunch.  He just had a battery go out on his dot...so will find out exactly what the symptoms were.

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »

Hi!   -
When my battery went out I turned on the machine and the display showed "Batt lo".    I replaced the battery and was up in minutes.  I would suggest if you have a clear chip that you check the voltage on the battery.  If you can't then take the battery out and turn on the machine.  If it is only the battery the machine should display "batt lo" for you.   If you still get no error  - then it sounds like the power supply.   

PinballWiz

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »

Rob before you go to far check the battery on the MPU board. Most likely not the problem but the easyest thing to check. and  (makes you think you did something )

Checked the battery just now.  3.6 volts.  Not it, but thank you for the suggestions.

If there are not individual fuses to be checked, my bet is something failed on the lower power supply.

However, I have no idea what I am doing, so I am open to suggestions....   Scratch Head

---
Rob Rosenhouse
Verona, NJ
cfh
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 113

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 06:45:34 PM »

on the slot I/O board are ALL five of the LEDs on?
if one or more are out, you have a lower power supply
problem. It's not the battery. you would get a message
if the battery was bad and the game was booting.

if all five LEDs are on, is the FAIL led at the left on?
PinballWiz

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »

on the slot I/O board are ALL five of the LEDs on?
if one or more are out, you have a lower power supply
problem. It's not the battery. you would get a message
if the battery was bad and the game was booting.

if all five LEDs are on, is the FAIL led at the left on?

Clay,

I seem to be missing the +12V, -12V, and +5V voltages.  I suspected that it would end up being the power supply.

So, I guess I need to replace the power supply.  Anyone selling a replacement or rebuilt one?

Rob

---
Rob Rosenhouse
Verona, NJ
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 09:37:14 AM »

Rob, the WMS power supplies are notorious for failures. If you are going to replace your current supply, I would suggest you look at the computer power supply mod that other NLG members and most recently Clfh have documented on this forum.

Dan (tacman)

Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »

Rob  go to powersupplydepot.com  I don't know if they have the power suooly you need. they have the upper one for the dot display, $19.95 

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 02:41:18 PM »

Rob  go to powersupplydepot.com  I don't know if they have the power suooly you need. they have the upper one for the dot display, $19.95 

Buzz, were you able to find any part numbers for this power supply on your game??  I haven't looked at mine yet.  If you haven't looked maybe I can the next time I come over.  I might need one too. yes

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 05:07:15 PM »

Rob, as Ashyron has already suggested in his post, you will need the part number off of the bottom PS in order to search for it on the site that Buzz mentioned. It would be difficult to simply navigate the site looking for it.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
PinballWiz

« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 05:36:37 PM »

Rob, as Ashyron has already suggested in his post, you will need the part number off of the bottom PS in order to search for it on the site that Buzz mentioned. It would be difficult to simply navigate the site looking for it.

As luck would have it, I had brand new lower power supply.  Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat.  All is working now.  The game did go thru some weird stuff when it first powered on.  I think that is because I pulled the battery during troubleshooting.  But to my delight, it is back to working 100%.  The BV still worked, and all seems to be the same as it was before it went down.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.  Jackpot Party can again, be the life of the party!!  applause

Rob

---
Rob Rosenhouse
Verona, NJ
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 11:17:51 PM »

As luck would have it, I had brand new lower power supply.  Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat.  All is working now.  The game did go thru some weird stuff when it first powered on.  I think that is because I pulled the battery during troubleshooting.  But to my delight, it is back to working 100%.  The BV still worked, and all seems to be the same as it was before it went down.

Thank you all for your help and suggestions.  Jackpot Party can again, be the life of the party!!  applause

Rob

That's great Rob.  Can I ask a favor Scratch Head  and ask if you can look at the old power supply and post the  part number?  I would hate to tear a good working machine apart just to look for a number.  If not, that's cool too, but very happy to hear you got it up and running again.
 yes

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
cfh
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 113

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 11:13:44 AM »

You're wasting your time and money on buying an new lower power supply.
i highly suggest you take this approach:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=346.0
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 11:17:35 AM »

When you started it up did is light up Poof or something?  That's what mine did.

applause applause applause applause

I'm glad you got it going applause
ekiernan
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 10:30:54 PM »

Thanks so much for this link!  I had the same failure.  Same Jackpot Party.  Same symptoms.  Dropped in the ATX power supply and BINGO!  This information saved me lots of hassle and likely money.  I am putting the money I think I saved toward the NLG site.

I am so grateful for all of your comments and you guys taking the time to share your experiences.

I did have one question though.  I noticed that the Orange/Red wire was noted to test at +5V.  I had 0 volts after following the instructions.  So, I tried grabbing another +5V (red - pin 4) from the ATX supply to feed this Orange/Red wire.  As it turned out, I did not need this +5V feed as it describes to test toward the end of the intructions.  The machine seems to work fine without this +5V. 

I was just wondering what that +5V on the Orange/Red is supposed to do. 

Thanks again and I would recommend this to anyone who finds themselves in the same predicament!
KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »

Same manufacture...just change the last digits to -31 for the lower supply....
It will plug right in......

Kirk

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.