Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 12:48:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Dotmation problems
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dotmation problems  (Read 3995 times)
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 33

« on: March 13, 2010, 03:19:09 PM »

The storm here last night took out the power to the area, when I powered up my machines I am having problems with just my WMS machines. 550 trouble posted in WMS Video.  I have two Dotmation Machines with problems.

BB Piggy Banking start up bong continuously sounds. I turned the machine off after 18.  I had the same problem a month ago and had the boards replaced. Everything worked fine with that machine until the power wet out last night.  Board need to be replaced again?

Jackpot Party   The top flourescent,  and all the LEDs ( I switched from the bulbs) behind the denom sticker,  behind the play 5 lines glass and just the 5th payline are flickering I get one start up bong the reels spin very slow and the DOT initiates. After  dot init  I get  dot fail   0     I have replaced the dot power supply twice and get the same result. I also changed out the DOT display screen and got the same result. I do not show the dot fail code in my manual so I am lost about what to try next.     Could it be a main power supply problem?

Any help on either machine is appreciated

J

Jackpot Party update...  removed and reset boards, machine worked fine for a couple spins except for the flickering/flashing lights.  Then I got a ronn dot 1 error which tells me the XU10 chip in the dotmation board has gone bad.  I took it out and put it back in firmly and machine runs fine for a couple spins.  The XU10 in JP is from WMS without the game name on it  The XU10 in Piggy Bankin is a copy and says Piggy Bankin.  So now my question is  are the XU10 chips universal or game specific ?   If they are universal therorectically I can take it out of Piggy Bankin and put it in JP and only have one machine down for now correct?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 04:01:06 PM by cruisepl » Logged

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
cp
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 165

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 03:42:26 PM »

Dotmation issue... check again... the small ribbon cable that connects front dot panel to board.  Even after connecting the ribbon to the dot panel...and securing panel to the top box... cable may just  become loose  and drop connectivity.     

On your...Continuous Bong issue... ( OK...no jokes here)... I've heard of it,  ran across that issue years ago working on the WMS... I just can't remember the "fix".. 

good luck.
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »

Dotmation issue... check again... the small ribbon cable that connects front dot panel to board.  Even after connecting the ribbon to the dot panel...and securing panel to the top box... cable may just  become loose  and drop connectivity.     

On your...Continuous Bong issue... ( OK...no jokes here)... I've heard of it,  ran across that issue years ago working on the WMS... I just can't remember the "fix".. 

good luck.

On JP all connections are tight, chips are all fully seated, LEDs and lamp sockets are tight still no clue as to why lamps are flashing.

The continuous bong issue was resolved last week with a board change and RAM clear I just dont want to have to send out for another board since I just got this one. It is the same problem but I was hoping someone had a different solution.

Thanks

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 08:56:30 PM »

Had a power surge the other day myself. Took out the main power supply. I installed another power supply and got the flickering light thing. It would actually surge the power to the lamps and get brighter. Not flicker and go out.
I didn't want to install another power supply in this machine for fear that the machine itself was now causing the power supplies to go out.
Long story short, the power supply was good all along and the flickering power surge was cleared with a RAM clear.
Go figure. Scratch Head
If this doesn't help your problem it may help someone else in the future.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 09:17:24 PM »

Had a power surge the other day myself. Took out the main power supply. I installed another power supply and got the flickering light thing. It would actually surge the power to the lamps and get brighter. Not flicker and go out.
I didn't want to install another power supply in this machine for fear that the machine itself was now causing the power supplies to go out.
Long story short, the power supply was good all along and the flickering power surge was cleared with a RAM clear.
Go figure. Scratch Head
If this doesn't help your problem it may help someone else in the future.

I am really starting to dislike my WMS machines.  Little bit of rain and 3 out of 5 come back on with problems  censored   10 IGT machines in the same room and not even a light bulb out. 

Anyway my BBPB is fixed. I took the boards out of JP Party, put it in Piggy and then powered the machine on. Still got the constant bong so I swapped the boards back and Piggy Bankin fired right up and works fine. No RAM clear or nothing.   Like you said Go Figure Scratch Head    Still interested in what the constant bong error means though.

As for JP Party lights stopped flickering after a while and seem to be ok but I am still dealing with the ronn dot 1 error and have an XU10 chip on the way. Hopefully thats all it needs so I can concentrate on the 550 thats down. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.