Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 01:56:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  WMS Stampede Deluxe
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WMS Stampede Deluxe  (Read 6375 times)
pyrohobie
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« on: June 19, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »

Hi Guys and Gals;

I have a WMS Stampede Deluxe and when I shut i down- the next day when I tur it on i gives me a ronn sound error. I replaced the XU17,XU30,XU31 and the same thing happens. When I takeout XU3 and then reseat it, it goes into soft clear and thn the game goes back to normal. Any help?

Thanks
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 07:19:20 PM »

Are you using original (factory) chips?  I believe (but I'm not positive) that you'll get a ROM error ("ronn" on the LED display) if the chips that the files were burned to are too slow.  CFH is the WMS expert, though -- hopefully he'll see this thread and be able to get you better information.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:24:58 PM »

Hi;

I bought 2 machines from *****- I have had nothing but problems and not much help. On Jackpot Stampede Deluxe I get the ronn sound error. I have changed chips and it helped a while ago-but now the machine is down for the count.

Do you know of any real good trouble shooting books on these machines-I have put in a lot of money with fewer people getting back with me.

In addition to what knagl said (the sound EPROMS being too slow) there is a jumper for the sound chips. Some sound chips are 4mb and some are 8mb (Jackpot Party sound chips are 8mb; the Jackpot Stampede chips are 4mb.) You might want to check the jumper on your board. Truthfully, I don't think the jumper is the problem because you said that it used to work with your replacement chips and now doesn't.

Did you ever check the speed of your chips?

When you say "down for the count," what do you mean?  Does the machine boot at all? Do all five of the power indicator LEDs light on the board? Do you get any messages in the DOT box or on the seven segment displays?

We need more information. yes

Stat garfield

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
pyrohobie
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:40:51 AM »

This machine has a computor ATX power supply for the btm and the original fo rthe top. When I turn the machine it has all 5LEDS lit and the machine dings twice- the dotmation has the Williams logo on the top and ronn sound error on the btm. I sent my factory chips to someone thinking that was the problem and haven't heard since.
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 12:56:48 AM »

2 bongs at startup means a bad XU30 eprom or your sound jumpers on the MPU aren't set correctly. Below is a chart of the startup bongs.

Dan (tacman)

* WMS Bong Menu.jpg (644 KB, 2116x1124 - viewed 380 times.)

StatFreak

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 01:27:49 AM »

Yup, that goes back to the sound jumper setting I mentioned, as tacman pointed out. Go to the Game change thread that I pointed you to in your other thread. There is an attachment that shows you where the jumper is.

It is also still possible that the chip(s) are too slow.

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 03:27:15 AM »

It is also still possible that the chip(s) are too slow.

Maybe they're spaced out from all the bongs they're doing.... Tongue Out
pyrohobie
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54:03 PM »

Thank you guys for ALL the input-

It was the J2 jumper- I have a operational Jackpot Stampede Deluxe +1 (Karma, or whatever)

It's now on to jackpot Party- I don't think the fix will be as easy-

I would like to make a donation-how do I do it-I don't have much right now(unemployed) but I would like to do a little now and some later- you guys saved me alot and I wished I would have went this avenue a lot sooner!

Take care;

Doug
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 05:35:45 PM »

It was the J2 jumper- I have a operational Jackpot Stampede Deluxe +1 (Karma, or whatever)

I would like to make a donation-how do I do it-I don't have much right now(unemployed) but I would like to do a little now and some later- you guys saved me alot and I wished I would have went this avenue a lot sooner!

Take care;

Doug

Doug  What I'm going to say is from me personally, if your unemployed and money is tight don't make a donation. This site is not about taking food off your table, it's about helping each other in more ways than repairing slot machines. Once you get on your feet NLG's will be more than happy to take your money, untill then Please keep on posting.

OK folks can you beleave I said that and ment every word of it. But there are a WHOLE lot of our members I will not make that statement to. One of these days I'm going to name names of who I think to be freeloaders!!!  ( That should get C H's blood pressure up )

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
StatFreak

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 08:47:46 PM »

Take care;

Doug

I'm glad to hear it.  applause  One down, one to go. I'll see you on the other thread.

I agree with Buzz. We have *cough* members who have plenty of money and posts who ought to be donating *cough* and aren't. We'll pester them for donations. If you are unemployed, save your money until you get back on your feet.

+1 (Karma, or whatever) to Buzz and Doug.

Stat garfield

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.