Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 10:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  WMS Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  Williams 40S5 Jackpot Party "Dotmation"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Williams 40S5 Jackpot Party "Dotmation"  (Read 8662 times)
KSKCO
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: August 31, 2010, 03:25:40 PM »

Hi
I just bought my first slot machine which is a Williams 40S5 Jackpot Party dotmation machine in unknown working condition. It was a police sale from an illlegal gambling site in Utah. Smiley The bottom coin tray is missing and I was able to reach in and remove the nut holding the locking lever on the right side and the machine opened up. When I opened up the front and put in a new electrical cord, the dotmation flashed Williams and something else which I don't remember. I turned the lower power supply off and back on again and the dotmation screen is now blank and on the front of the machine it says dot fail assuming that the "T" is sideways. I have briefly looked at a number of posts in that the problem could be an upper power supply but I would first like to start out by learning about the machine before I jump in. It is really a fascinating electro mechanical device and I am looking forward to getting my hands inside!.

Is there a post that has a copy of the operating and or service manual for this machine or could someone send me one?

Is there a good source for obtaining the coin tray at the bottom of the machine?

I assume that the three keyways on the right side (lever lock, electrical switch, bill changer) are not keyed alike and I will have to drill out the keyway for the bill changer or find someone with very tiny fingers to remove the nut holding that lock. Is there a good source for obtaining the locks and keys?

Thanks for your help
Stephen
KSK Aviation Services
cruisepl
PGFD (Ret.)
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 33

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 03:58:30 PM »

Hi
I just bought my first slot machine which is a Williams 40S5 Jackpot Party dotmation machine in unknown working condition. It was a police sale from an illlegal gambling site in Utah. Smiley The bottom coin tray is missing and I was able to reach in and remove the nut holding the locking lever on the right side and the machine opened up. When I opened up the front and put in a new electrical cord, the dotmation flashed Williams and something else which I don't remember. I turned the lower power supply off and back on again and the dotmation screen is now blank and on the front of the machine it says dot fail assuming that the "T" is sideways. I have briefly looked at a number of posts in that the problem could be an upper power supply but I would first like to start out by learning about the machine before I jump in. It is really a fascinating electro mechanical device and I am looking forward to getting my hands inside!.

Is there a post that has a copy of the operating and or service manual for this machine or could someone send me one?

Is there a good source for obtaining the coin tray at the bottom of the machine?

I assume that the three keyways on the right side (lever lock, electrical switch, bill changer) are not keyed alike and I will have to drill out the keyway for the bill changer or find someone with very tiny fingers to remove the nut holding that lock. Is there a good source for obtaining the locks and keys?

Thanks for your help
Stephen
KSK Aviation Services

Your Dotmation flashed Williams and then your game version, normal for this type of machine. Your dot fail message is more likely a lower power supply problem as opposed to an upper power supply. The dotmation machines are notorious for these going out. dot fail tells you that the dotmation control board is not getting a proper signal from the lower box. replace the lower power supply.

Heres a manual.

* WMS 400 Slot Manual.pdf (2342.47 KB - downloaded 4714 times.)

Someone has to be stupid enough to run into a burning building when everyone else is running out !!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:50:20 PM »

NLG Welcome

It is quite possible that you may get lucky and find a present inside the cash box!!!! Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

I have my fingers crossed for you! yes yes yes

At the top of the page there are many vendors listed that should be able to provide you with whatever parts that you need. Also we have a classified section here where you can post a WTB (Want To Buy) Ad, and someone will help you there. I posted a link below to help you get there easily.

http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?board=5.0

Let us know how you progress, and have fun looking around and participating!!!

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy
 nlg ADMIN

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
KSKCO
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »

" It is quite possible that you may get lucky and find a present inside the cash box!!!! "   

I have never been that lucky in my entire life!

Thanks for your help and thsoe of your members. This is a great site!

Stephen 
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 12:06:46 AM »

If the bill validator side door is locked, you can remove two screws from the transport unit and slide it out now that you have the main door open.
From underneath look for the screws. See attached, I highlighted them in yellow.

Tell us what treasures you find.. stir the pot / get cooking

* transport.JPG (478.27 KB, 1200x873 - viewed 390 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.