Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 04:34:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  US and Haiti aid
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: US and Haiti aid  (Read 16329 times)
Ozzy
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 254

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 03:55:42 AM »

I really feel for those poor people in Haiti and their misery. And as always the United States is first to help. We have been rebuilding countries all over the world for the last upteen years at the taxpyers expense. How are  we ever going to rebuild a country that needs everything? With all the billions of dollars we throw at the UN why does America have to spend more money that we don’t have to bail out Haiti? Let the UN lead the charge instead. That’s what they are supposedly there for. The  polititians are going to bankrupt the country.  Who is gonna help us?

Reason you keep rebuilding countries all over the world is due to the fact you BOMB THE SHIT OUT OF THEM waving flag Burning Resistor, just had to get that one in....................F A C T

brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 05:06:50 AM »

Yep, we know, you hate the US government. But, we spend money rebuilding countries we don't bomb the shit out of, also. F A C T  
And, the world was a dangerous place to exist in before 9/11. Like pretty much every government, it has it's good and bad sides. Hell, I live here and can't stand most of the politicians, whether I voted for them or not. But, whaddaya gonna do? Duh!

On a different note, how are things over where you are? Made it through all the rocking and rolling with no or few problems is a good thing. We had several earthquakes here in northern California, but I missed it all as I was at Joey's.  arrow

Where are you off to in 3 weeks? Any place good? We're all waiting for another round of pictures like the rags to riches piece you did on that boat Hail Clap applause

If you're going to make it to the 4th of July at Joey's this year, rumor has it there's still a bottle of Absolut floating around the shop somewhere... Dancing Party

Thanks,
Bill
Op-Bell
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 05:21:28 AM »

An overseas opinion
Some of the reader comments are interesting. They tend to point fingers at the French, not the US.
Ozzy

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 09:14:11 AM »

An overseas opinion
Some of the reader comments are interesting. They tend to point fingers at the French, not the US.

Funding for the United Nations and its agencies comes from two sources: assessed contributions to finance the UN’s regular budget, peacekeeping operations, and specialized agencies like the International Atomic Energy Agency and voluntary contributions to specialized agencies and subsidiary organizations of the UN, through which more than half of the UN’s funding is provided.

Assessed Contributions

Assessed contributions are payments made as part of the obligations that nations undertake when signing treaties – like the one establishing the United Nations.  For example, the U.S. is assessed to pay 22% of the UN’s regular budget and about 26 percent of the UN’s peacekeeping operations budget, although an outdated Congressional mandate caps U.S. expenditures at 25 percent of the UN’s peacekeeping budget.  U.S. assessed contributions support a variety of critical UN initiatives, notably peacekeeping operations that promote global security without requiring the U.S. having to bear all the costs or deploy all the forces.   Other recent efforts funded by UN assessed contributions have included:

* Facilitating and holding elections in Afghanistan and Iraq;
    * Investigating the assassination of the former Lebanese Prime Minister, Rafiq Hariri;
    * Monitoring nuclear programs in North Korea and Iran;
    * Coordinating tsunami and earthquake relief projects in Indonesia and Pakistan;
    * Detecting outbreaks of avian flu and defending against a world pandemic;
    * Creating systems to protect the intellectual property rights of American entrepreneurs; and
    * Enabling the delivery of mail around the world.

Voluntary Contributions

Voluntary contributions are, as the name implies, voluntary rather than assessed payments and are entirely up to the individual country to decide whether or not, and how much, to contribute.  These contributions finance most of the United Nations’ humanitarian relief and development agencies, including the UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the World Food Program (WFP), and the UN Development Program (UNDP).

Most U.S. funding of the UN system goes to these programs that the U.S. government independently chooses to fund.  These include:

* Purchases of U.S. agricultural products for humanitarian relief and school feeding projects through the World Food Program;
    * Department of Labor help for International Labor Organization programs to eliminate and prevent the use of child labor overseas;
    * Funding for nuclear energy safety and security overseas; and
    * Funding to protect and resolve refugee problems worldwide, tackle the AIDS pandemic, improve education in Pakistan, and increase drug control and crime prevention in Colombia. 

Such activities are U.S. national security investments that would be difficult, if not impossible, for the U.S. to undertake alone.  U.S. voluntary contributions are financed through the foreign assistance authorization and appropriation legislation.

Paying our Dues: The UN Regular Budget

The UN’s regular budget finances the General Assembly, the Security Council, the Economic and Social Council, the International Court of Justice, and the Secretariat.

The current structure sets maximum and minimum dues rates for all nations.  The maximum “ceiling” rate is 22 percent.  The minimum “floor” rate for poorer countries is 0.001 percent.  The United States pays the maximum rate and has negotiated several reductions in this rate over time.  In 1974, the UN placed a cap of 25 percent on the ceiling for member states’ assessments; in 2000 the General Assembly reduced this cap (applicable only to the U.S.) to 22 percent.  Nonetheless, the top 15 contributing nations remain the major funding source for the UN, contributing about 84 percent of the regular budget.

The U.S. assessed contribution to the UN’s regular budget is included, along with 43 other UN-system, regional, and non-UN organizations, in the State Department’s Contributions to International Organizations (CIO) account.

Paying Our Dues: UN Peacekeeping Budget

The UN’s peacekeeping budget is separate from the regular budget but is also financed by assessments to member states.  The UN’s peacekeeping assessment formula mirrors the regular budget rate structure but gives greater discounts to poorer nations.  This discount is made up by the permanent five members of the Security Council (the U.S., the United Kingdom, France, Russia, and China), each of which has unique voting and veto rights at the Security Council to authorize or suspend any peacekeeping operation.

The U.S. assessed contributions to the UN’s peacekeeping operations are funded through the State Department’s Contributions to International Peacekeeping Activities (CIPA) account.

Arrears

Arrears are a chronic problem at the United Nations.  Many poorer nations cannot afford to pay their full assessment and are in arrears.  Other countries, notably the United States, have delayed or withheld payments for reasons unrelated to their ability to pay.  Under the UN Charter, member states that are two years in arrears at the UN can lose their vote in the General Assembly.

Ozzy

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 10:29:21 AM »

United States, have delayed or withheld payments for reasons unrelated to their ability to pay.
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 12:16:16 PM »

We bombed Haiti ?? Damn and I thought it was an earthquake! Well, I don't mind sending that amount of money to them to help them rebuild, the problem I see is that now they're calling for an exodus of people from the island.  Scratch Head Gee, I wonder who's gonna take them in, I hope the DR and Cuba.

Dan (tacman)

Ozzy

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 01:33:20 PM »

YOU HAVE TAKEN EVERYBODY ELSE IN, SO WHAT THE %^$#&

Back to the real world,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,USA oooooooo  my god not them again
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »

We bombed Haiti ?? Damn and I thought it was an earthquake! Well, I don't mind sending that amount of money to them to help them rebuild, the problem I see is that now they're calling for an exodus of people from the island.  Scratch Head Gee, I wonder who's gonna take them in, I hope the DR and Cuba.

Dan (tacman)
Send them any plsace but here  we have too many from there already
Tomba
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 06:42:36 PM »

Hello, my name is Tom.

I don't want to go in to this bxxit. My problem is instead of talking stupid things and we spend money on our free-time (machines are not for free), what can we do to help those people? I already send e-mails to more serious people than most of you will ever know. I am happy to be member of this site but right now I am asking you to give me information about how to adopt children from over there. My two children right now (15 and 4 years old) I adopted also from child birth so I am ready. Please do not talk about taxes or any other bxxxsht. Be a human and play those fxxxkng machines later, please.

Good luck to All.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 07:23:42 PM »

Donate what you can to OXFAM...
Used to collect pennies in a can for them when I was a kid up in Canada.
Here's the link>>>

http://www.oxfam.org/en/getinvolved/donate
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 08:25:02 PM »

Hello, my name is Tom.

I don't want to go in to this bxxit. My problem is instead of talking stupid things and we spend money on our free-time (machines are not for free), what can we do to help those people? I already send e-mails to more serious people than most of you will ever know. I am happy to be member of this site but right now I am asking you to give me information about how to adopt children from over there. My two children right now (15 and 4 years old) I adopted also from child birth so I am ready. Please do not talk about taxes or any other bxxxsht. Be a human and play those fxxxkng machines later, please.

Good luck to All.

You can ask about information on adoptng Haitian children on a slot machine forum, but I'm not too sure that's a wise use of your time. Google could probably provide you with a lot better information in a lot shorter period of time than we can. yes

Also, if you don't want to discuss what is in the thread, just don't click on the thread. I'm not trying to be harsh, but telling other people what they can and can't discuss on the Internet is kind of presumptuous, don't you think? And what does discussion of taxes have to do with being human, anyway?

Thanks,
Bill
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 08:27:33 PM »

Good link, Bunker, but check with your employer first. Most big companies have matching donation programs. My company is offering a 2 to 1 match right now for Haiti, so the money I donated last week will be triple the amount by the time it gets there. yes

Thanks,
Bill
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »

Good link, Bunker, but check with your employer first. Most big companies have matching donation programs. My company is offering a 2 to 1 match right now for Haiti, so the money I donated last week will be triple the amount by the time it gets there. yes

Oh, that's awesome brichter!
That's a great move by a good company applause
I wish I worked for a company.
uh,...on second thought...
I like it where I am now!  bust gut laughing
no time, no money, no life... Tongue Out
But somehow I at least I get to play golf in the summer... arrow

But seriously, what happened down there on the islands really sucks for all those poor people. no
We are very lucky in many ways...you have to be thankful for that. yes
Bobodude
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 10:28:06 PM »

Hello, my name is Tom.

Good luck to All.
Tom, as the author of this thread, I do appluad and respect your acts of generousity as it takes a special person to adopt children that are not so lucky.  But Tom, this is a free country to live and do as you please. Should you feel the urge to donate your hard earned money to help the people of Haiti, that again is your god given right. I for one am very flusterated with the corruption and dishonesty in the art of donating to these types of causes. I donated a reasonable sum to the Katrina disaster only to find that the Red Cross had deverted large sums of money to help prop up Florida's hurricane funds. Do you remember that in the news Tom?  Well Tom you might say I am a bit sore about that. And that is for a disaster here in our own country. What me and others on this forum have to say is not BxxxT as you put it but an opinion, which we also have the right to make. I have no fear of being shot or sent to Siberia just because I have an opinion that doesn't fit your personal beliefs. And as far as insinuating that our slots are also Bxxxt, you have pissed up the wrong tree my friend. So I agree with Britcher, you need to find another forum to get your information on adoption as I don't think the info you seek is here.
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 10:47:04 PM »

Hello, my name is Tom.

Good luck to All.
Tom, as the author of this thread, I do appluad and respect your acts of generousity as it takes a special person to adopt children that are not so lucky.  But Tom, this is a free country to live and do as you please. Should you feel the urge to donate your hard earned money to help the people of Haiti, that again is your god given right. I for one am very flusterated with the corruption and dishonesty in the art of donating to these types of causes. I donated a reasonable sum to the Katrina disaster only to find that the Red Cross had deverted large sums of money to help prop up Florida's hurricane funds. Do you remember that in the news Tom?  Well Tom you might say I am a bit sore about that. And that is for a disaster here in our own country. What me and others on this forum have to say is not BxxxT as you put it but an opinion, which we also have the right to make. I have no fear of being shot or sent to Siberia just because I have an opinion that doesn't fit your personal beliefs. And as far as insinuating that our slots are also Bxxxt, you have pissed up the wrong tree my friend. So I agree with Britcher, you need to find another forum to get your information on adoption as I don't think the info you seek is here.

well said bob
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:22:09 AM by StatFreak » Logged
tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 12:03:38 AM »

Great, now France says we're trying to conduct a military takeover of the country. Duh!  Idiots! All those prime islands in the Carribean and we would take Haiti??  Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Dan (tacman)

KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 01:10:44 AM »

Hello, my name is Tom.

Good luck to All.
[/quotewell said bob

Information?  sorry...i'm knee deep in Bxxxxxxt, playing my Fxxxing machines....

Wow..walk into someones house, bitchslap them then demand dinner....
IMPRESSIVE! Please dont let the door hit you in the ass on your way out....

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
jay
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 483

if you cant afford to lose you cant afford to win

« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2010, 01:32:15 AM »

France is afraid that if we take over Hatai they will start speaking spanish like 2/3rds of the US and they will lose their French Identity.   rotflmao

The only way to beat the casino is to own it
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2010, 01:59:48 AM »

France is afraid that if we take over Hatai they will start speaking spanish like 2/3rds of the US and they will lose their French Identity.   rotflmao

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Damn, Jay, that was funny!!!!

Thanks,
Bill
SAT (aka GANDHI)
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 224

« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »

Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing Cry Laughing

Damn, Jay, that was funny!!!!

Agree with Post   It was certainly funny Jay...  You're a comedian  rotflmao

I also read that Chavaz is making noise that the US is now illegally occupying the country under the name of aid. I am sure the US would be happy to invite in 10,000 aid workers from Venseuala.

Chavez is from Venezuela - directly he has nothing to do with Hatiti.
His closest ties are with Cuba as he also runs a sociialist goverment.
He just happens to be another Carribian Island and is of course very critical of the US at any time.

I'll tell you what this guy really is,  from my own opinion and experience (sadly):

That person (if that adjective apply) is the LOSER-IGNORANT  loser that rules my country of birth....  I describe him as a loser   loser  for several reasons:

He started his career for presidency when he first tried to coup in 1992.  The country was living too many problems at that time, people were tired and desiring a change. 

He used that as reason to conspire and try to take the power by force.  However, that was his first fail (he opened fire at 3:00AM and finally gave up when all his soldiers were surrounded by government forces at about 12:00PM)  I was a 10 years old kid then and I still remember the hole mess...  I still remember how machine guns and tanks sounded like...  Many soldiers died with his first FAIL.

His military rank at that moment was Lieutenant.

He got in prison for that and then, thanks to the next president (a fat-old smart ass), his charges were dissolved so he became candidate for presidency, winning the elections by vast majority.

Yesterday it was the 11th anniversary since he came on power as a democratic elected president, and all we have seen are his FAILS.  All he does is repeat the shit he hears from other communist-terrorist-dangerous presidents in the world.  He heard the conspiracy theories published by the Russians about the EQ in Haiti and started to talk shit on national TV broadcast like he found it out as results of his own research.  LOSER!   loser

During his military career back in the 80's he applied for the academy course all officials has to pass in order to get promoted to bigger ranks .... ("Curso de Estado Mayor") ----------------------------------------------------------->>>  He FAILED!!   loser

However, in Aug-2008, the monkey promoted himself to "General in Chief", a rank which sign is four suns and didn't exist before in my country. A rank that, if applicable, would be given to a combat hero for doing EXTREME stuff in war-time.     WHAT A LOSER!!!!   loser   (I'm not kidding;  check here http://www.noticias24.com/actualidad/noticia/16416/chavez-se-proclama-generalisimo-de-los-ejercitos-y-se-colocara-4-soles/ )

I have seen some french people that "likes" monkey's socialism.......  I say:  I would like it too if I live in Paris, where basic services works, a place where you can live decently, society respects you.. etc...  It's very easy to speak and give opinions from the out-side....  Anyone that wants to talk to me about socialism better go to Venezuela and spend couple years there dealing with robbers, killers, rogues, non-working services, shity salaries, inflation and so on....   Then we could have a conversation!!

The monkey failed against every challenges any president would face during his duty, but.........   (and there's always a "but")...... (and sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings!  I still believe myself a FREE person and, as such, I have the right to have an opinion!!):

The problem in Venezuela isn't the LOSER-MONKEY   loser ruling there,  the problem in Venezuela is Venezuelans !!!   

The monkey RESIGNED to his charge in 2002, and that is a FACT being currently covered by military.  He GAVE UP once again but... (here is when the funny part comes):

"PEOPLE" claimed him back!!!!     Crazy

"PEOPLE" there deserves a president like him because they're up to become rich in a week.  It doesn't matter if it's through a scam, if somebody has to get screwed up in the process, or if it has to be done through corruption and unmoral acts ....  People there is up for their own interest no matter what happen to the one next door. 

Forget about making wealth through hard work and honest behavior in my country:  YOU'LL GET SCREWED UP EVENTUALLY!

If you don't believe me, test by yourself and ask to a European and a Venezuelan  what "Rogue" means...  The answer would be usually the same: an unreliable person that doesn't behave according to principles of respect for the others. Somebody that could get you screwed up.

Now, ask them again how they would define the opposite of "Rogue"....

The "first world" citizen would say: a honest person that behaves and lives according to basic rules of society (respect, moral, etc..)

Most of Venezuelans (and this is SADLY true!!) would respond: a fool, a stupid person that isn't aware, somebody who to not spend time with...

That is very SAD, and is the reason why I have so strong feelings about my country of birth.

That's why I believe the people that likes monkey's BULLSH!&&T$ deserve to live their HELL in peace......!!!!  At some point they'll realize what they've done, and they'll have to face the consequences....  That's their faith and nobody has the right to mess with it.

In the mean while:

Venezuelans with resources are already gone.... you can find them in Miami or Europe, good for them!

Venezuelans without resources enough, but with a pinch of common sense (like me) are struggling to get the f&^%$! out of that bloody^^%$@!!! HELL!!!!

Keep it simple!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.