Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 07:10:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  Rants and Raves (SEE DESCRIPTION BEFORE ENTERING!) (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bye Bye Internet Explorer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bye Bye Internet Explorer  (Read 7291 times)
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 751

« on: March 15, 2010, 03:10:30 AM »

Well I think a full week is enough time to give any company a chance to get they're chit together.  I have not been able to access NLG from I.E. 8.0 since last Sunday and instead have been opening it through my AOL Program and it's built-in browser.  I have seen other posts here blaming attacks on DNS servers and such which may be the case but if so, why can I get to NLG from other surfers.  This isn't the first time I have had this problem with I.E. and this time, NLG is not the only site I cannot access.  I decided to do a search for the "best rated" web surfer and decided to try the 2nd place rated one mainly because I like the search engine and went with Google Chrome.

So I installed it and very nervously typed....www.newlifega mes.net......see I typed in wrong I was so nervous.....then I typed www.newlifegmaes.net.......my hands were shaking at this point.....I wanted it to work so badly......finally I got it right.....www.newlifegames.net.....I closed my eyes and pressed Enter.  I was afraid to look....slowly peeked through a crack between the eye lashes....and WAMMO....there it was just as it should be...home sweet home.

So whatever is going on with the net and hackers and DNS server problems....I don't care.....I blame Internet Explorer.....Bye Bye forever.

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 03:16:04 AM »

Did you forget about Mozilla Firefox?

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:19:10 AM »

LOL....well as I said "I picked the 2nd best rated".  I guess for me I like the feel of Chrome better.....

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 03:23:18 AM »

LOL....well as I said "I picked the 2nd best rated".  I guess for me I like the feel of Chrome better.....

No beating Firefox IMHO...

Rob
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 04:02:02 AM »

I was told I should try Google Chrome too I just haven't done it yet.  I have tried Firefox and just didn't like it so I am back to IE.  Good luck with the Google Chrome and let us how you like it.

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 04:34:22 AM »

I was told I should try Google Chrome too I just haven't done it yet.  I have tried Firefox and just didn't like it so I am back to IE.  Good luck with the Google Chrome and let us how you like it.

Yeah, I just didn't like the feel of Firefox....probably because I am a right brained thinker.  Chrome has a nice feel for me....and so far very quick...even on my medium speed internet access. 

KirkLasVegas
Retired OLD Buzzard
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 233

Newest addition to the family, RIP Bentley

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 04:44:21 AM »

3 machines side by side....

1> desktop machine on Embarq DSL=no go....site gone/moved/DNS problem on Google Chrome
2> Laptop1 on neighbors WiFi ( hes OK with this)=good connection/Google Chrome
3> Laptop2 on WiMax=good connection/IE 7
4> Netbook on Sprint=good connection/Google Chrome

Lets recap...
1 Land based network (Cox) works
3 MOBILE/Wireless networks work
Embarq DSL DOESNT WORK!!! AGAIN!

Fire the DSL company, tomorrow WHEN THE OFFICE IS OPEN!!!

Definition of "Retirement"= to be able to get back all you contributed into it AND take some of their money too before dropping dead.
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 04:58:21 AM »

I wish I could fire MS Windows!
But I have to be able to use my eprom programmer and PSP!
If I could find a EPROM programmer that works in Mac OS X without using windows
At least I do not have to reboot into Windows just run Windows XP in Sun VirtualBox.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 05:13:28 AM by Foster » Logged

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
stormrider

Total Karma Storms: 131

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 08:31:04 AM »

IE stinks, I run nothing but Firefox on all my machines.
I also love all the add ons you can use Theme's and plugins are a must for me now,
One of my favorite's is the picture + add previewer
when viewing craigslist you never need to click on the add just hover the mouse over it
and it displays the picture + text.There is also what's called cool preview that I use on ebay or any web page for that matter
it shows the whole add without clicking on it call me lazy but Firefox blows away IE.
So many other plugins I use but I'm not about to write a book about it.

Tim
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 08:39:39 AM by stormrider » Logged
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »

Or you could just kill your OS altogether and in stall Ubuntu Linux........

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 11:53:14 AM »

Thumbs Down    I use IE only for windows updates...seems to work better on MS site.
I use Firefox and Opera for everything else...Google anything is too nosy...they spy on everything you do.
(not that I do anything wrong/illegal, buts its none of their damn business!)
Just for the record, when I couldn't access NLG, it wouldn't come up on any of the 3 browsers!  hissy fit
Sometimes I really miss DOS... bust gut laughing  at least for setting my pc environments...

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

I hate to say it, but if your PC is working with Chrome but not IE then you most likely have an infected browser.

RJ

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 03:20:22 PM »

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for Best use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1152x864 pixels. 

all coding is done for use with Firefox  arrow arrow. and ALL of IE'S bullshit coding is left out..  slap slap NLG IS 95% IE FREE..

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »

That is what i am using  Firefox

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 04:01:30 PM »

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for Best use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1152x864 pixels. 

all coding is done for use with Firefox  arrow arrow. and ALL of IE'S bullshit coding is left out..  slap slap NLG IS 95% IE FREE..

Joey, is that like my potato chips saying its 95% fat free?   rotflmao rotflmao  I'm sorry, I just had to say it. bust gut laughing

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 624

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 09:55:40 PM »

I haven't used IE since version 6 -  I would implore everyone  -  EVERYONE who reads this to use firefox or chrome, safari -

I'm more curious as to what is wrong with bettor's computer.     It can't be his DNS - cause any browser would be affected. 

I'm sure there are dns attacks going on but they would affect users on different networks.    -  There could be something much more serious going on with his computer. 

I use Chrome as my main browser too.  Love it -  super fast and clean looking.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 11:40:21 PM »

When I was at the Bettorslots Company last year - his computer was a turtle!
Takes him like 5 minutes just to boot up!!
It's infected like a needle-sharing junkie in an alley!!!

Best thing for him to do is back up all his info and documents
onto another hard drive or a big USB thumb drive and totally re-format/re-install
his XP operating system from scratch!
Then that puppy will be singing in the rain!
Basically it needs a Complete SafeRam Clear!  Crazy
Brianzz

Total Karma Storms: 316

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 12:01:42 AM »

I switched to FF years ago, haven't had a BHO or website infection since, never looked back to IE
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:12 AM »

When I was at the Bettorslots Company last year - his computer was a turtle!
Takes him like 5 minutes just to boot up!!
It's infected like a needle-sharing junkie in an alley!!!

bust gut laughing  Haha....funny man...and FYI....I have 3 computers here going....I only showed you the one I've had for like 12 years so you would feel guilty and offer more for your machines  Cry Laughing

Interesting thing....ALL 3 computers would not access NLG via I.E.  One computer is running Vista, one is running 7.0, and my print / file server is running....yessir....98...the "ol trusty 98".  So that might nix the idea of IE being corrupt on one of the computers.  In all cases I installed Chrome, and in all cases dramatic speed improvement and they all access NLG.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.