Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:20:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  CDS Reel Games
| | |-+  Which menu option allows excess coins to add credits?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which menu option allows excess coins to add credits?  (Read 3234 times)
Bigcheeze
« on: November 19, 2010, 11:46:40 AM »

The user manual provides a brief and often cryptic description of what the different settings do.  I think they are cryptic to me because I haven't yet learned the terms.

My Big Cheese will not allow me to insert excess (more than 3) coins and have them increment the credits.  Per chance would someone know which menu option controls this?

One more question about the menu.  I found that there are payout schedules.  I am not at my Big Cheese slot right now, but I recall that the schedule names had no meaning to me.  I think these are used to control payout percentage???  If so, why wouldn't the names be something that includes the percentage payout?  Would someone provide a bit of insight about schedules?

And one last question.  Does setting the correct time have any bearing on how the game plays?  Like, does it pay more in the AM and less in the PM?

Thanks again in advance for the information!!

Big Cheese (Mike)
MarkInAz
Jack of all, master on none.
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 22

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:48:38 PM »

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the slow reply...
I'm not an expert on CDS machines but I've worked on my neighbors Big Cheese and my CDS Pick Pocket.  What I noticed was that his Big Cheese would take coins and give extra credits to the meter, but Pickpocket wont.  Which is opposite of your Big Cheese. Even using my Birthing Chips I could not make my Pickpocket do it. So I'd conclude it is dependant on the software version on your board.

Cheers,
Mark

Its Always Something...
Bigcheeze
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 11:05:17 PM »

Mark,

Thanks for the info.  From messages that I found it didn't seem like there was much I could do to change the payout without birthing chips.  Something just came to mind: Does anyone rent birthing chips or is that too risky?  I should also find someone that has a bill acceptor for my Big Cheese that they want to sell.  Mine is still intermittent even though I thought that I had it fixed for a while.

Thanks again for the reply.

Big Cheese (Mike)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 12:17:58 AM »

Mike the problem with birth chips is there are a lot of different versions. You MUST have the exact set for your machine. Do you have a red MPU or a Blue/Green one?  On boot up the display will tell you what version game you have.

Speaking from experience, don't mess around with a CDS machine unless you have to. I destroyed three MPU by installing birth chips ( machine still doesn't work, I didn't want to destroy the 4th board.) Another machine has never worked again after I grabbed a WBA for a IGT and stuck it in a CDS.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Bigcheeze
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 01:44:35 AM »

Buzz, I just can't tell you how much I appreciate getting advice prior to creating new problems.  Too often advice is offered when it's too late to be helpful.  I will heed your advice and let my CDS machine run as is.  Other than an intermittent bill acceptor, it is working just fine.

Big Cheese (Mike)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.