Installed Spectrum display in my S2000

(1/19) > >>

dpalmi:
Hello all!

I finally got my 1st Spectrum display mounted and running in one of my S2000 machines.  I thought I would share some of the things I learned in doing this and some pictures.

First, you DO NOT need a Netplex Distribution board (the picture below is just for reference - I do not have one of these).  It seems there was some confusion on this.  The only reason you need this board is if you have more than one Netplex device in your topbox, such as a Spectrum AND a Vision Display.  The board is basically just a splitter and has no logic on it.

Now if you don’t have this board, you will need a semi-specialized cable.   Idesign (a NLG member) made mine and I have them pictured below.  What he did was make a cable that connects to the standard IGT cable, so if I ever need to add a Distribution board I won’t have to get a new cable – so it’s actually two cables connected together.  The standard one from IGT and the one idesign made for me.  If you're looking for your own cable, send idesign a PM - he did a great job and I highly recommend him :)

This cable allows me to plug directly into the connectors in the back left corner of the top box.

I was able to mount my display where the player tracking bar is located.  I took the display itself apart to make the screen part of the display as small as possible.  I was then able to fit this part into the existing metal bracket in my machine that holds up the glass.  I did have to make the pre-cut hole in this bracket taller – but I wanted to keep this piece in if I could.  I used a hot glue gun to hold the progressive display in this bracket.  As you can see, I also used black electrical tape to cover up the gaps to minimize the light that comes from the box.

After the display was installed, I just set the rest of the pieces into the top box.

Then it was just a matter of cutting the players tracking cover to the correct size.  Boy, this was tougher than I thought it would be!  And I was trying to be as careful as I could to make it look nice.  It was tough for me to cut a straight edge.

And here's how it looks all together....

Now I have one more machine I'm going to do the same thing to....should be easier the 2nd time around :)

Dan #2

tacman:
Looks good, Dan.

Just as a side note, has anyone figured out the dipswitch settings in the back of the Spectrum II? What setting for what color, and isn't there a color changing setting? All red, then all green then all orange?

Dan (tacman)

dpalmi:
Quote from: tacman on October 28, 2008, 02:23:30 PM

Just as a side note, has anyone figured out the dipswitch settings in the back of the Spectrum II? What setting for what color, and isn't there a color changing setting? All red, then all green then all orange?

Dan (tacman)

Hello Tacman.

Thanks!  The dips on the back control the color of the display.  There was a post on this on the old NLG - but I did a search and couldn't find it - so it must not have been moved.  I will try to figure it out on mine and post my results.  You can select from green, red or orange.  Now realize - the display won't change colors on it's own, or scroll through the colors - from what I understand.  You set the color and that's the only color it displays....

Dan #2

tacman:
Yeah, I remember that it was discussed, but I do not recall anyone ever posting a listing of Spectrum dipswitch configurations to what color/feature etc.

Dan (tacman)

It would be nice if a manual or tech bullettin was available on these to see what settings or features are available.

westec1:
Great job,  :3- looks very nice :89- , thanks for all the great info and pic's  :3- :3-

Wes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page