Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:57:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  How do I Degauss a Tatung VS14428 monitor?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do I Degauss a Tatung VS14428 monitor?  (Read 8443 times)
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 17

An Addiction:)

« on: February 27, 2011, 11:15:41 PM »

My Gamemaker's monitor burnt up bad, so I grabbed another through a vendor (Used).  This one works, but has a big pink glob in the lower right corner like a magnet was close to it.  Sooo, how do I go about clearing this thing up?  Scratch Head  Thanks..  Wish there was a "Degauss" button, sigh...
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »

Monitor boards have a built-in degausing circuit activated every time the set turns on. Turn it on and off several times for real problem areas. With a big spot in the corner there's a chance the shadow mask was damaged in shipping, in which case there's no fixing it. If you have a tv repair shop close they may have a degausing coil they'd let you borrow for the 60 seconds it takes to manually degaus a tube. Anyway, this is what I know
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 12:20:13 AM »

Monitor boards have a built-in degausing circuit activated every time the set turns on. Turn it on and off several times for real problem areas. With a big spot in the corner there's a chance the shadow mask was damaged in shipping, in which case there's no fixing it. If you have a tv repair shop close they may have a degausing coil they'd let you borrow for the 60 seconds it takes to manually degaus a tube. Anyway, this is what I know

Thanks, will check tomorrow! 
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »

use a soldering gun, if it not do the job the tv is messed up good start  close and pull the gun away from tube
rilaw
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 07:23:44 PM »

use a soldering gun, if it not do the job the tv is messed up good start  close and pull the gun away from tube

Cool, soldering gun trick worked!  I tried that after turning it on/off a few times with no luck.  Great tip, Thanks!  applause
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 08:19:26 PM »

Good to hear   I,m here do give usefull info when Ican Clap
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 12:03:09 AM »

Just curious. Will an old S#^t Shack audio tape head degausser (wand type) work on a monitor?  Scratch Head

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 04:40:01 PM »

Maybe...

Not sure about the smaller audio tape one... but the big video eraser should.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 07:01:34 PM »

My dad has an old Radio Shack tape eraser that looks like this, I believe:

I loaned to a friend once and he said it worked well for him to degauss an arcade game monitor.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 02:27:11 AM »

My dad has an old Radio Shack tape eraser that looks like this, I believe:

I loaned to a friend once and he said it worked well for him to degauss an arcade game monitor.

That one is the big video eraser. They make a smaller one for audio cassette tapes.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.