Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Monitor Repair Log and Database. **Arcade and Gaming**
| |-+  Monitor Repair Tech Support
| | |-+  Need help with a fuzzy Game King Monitor
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help with a fuzzy Game King Monitor  (Read 3840 times)
1st time slot owner
« on: July 03, 2009, 07:22:08 PM »

i have a game king touch screen monitor 14 inch and its been fine till today the screen became a little fuzzy on the cards what can i do to make my monitor clear again thanks in advance for your help
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:56:16 PM »

I moved your question to the Tech Support board. Hopefully one of our monitor experts will be able to help you out.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 05:11:04 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 04:54:02 AM »

The first question is, are you familiar with working around monitors and the (potentially deadly, really) voltage they can contain?  If not, proceed with extreme caution or you could get a very bad  lightning bolt lightning bolt lightning bolt.

Second, are the cards fuzzy when you first turn it on, or only after it has warmed up, or both?

Third, there is a focus adjustment on the flyback (part of the chassis behind the screen), but I wouldn't go adjusting that until you answer question number 2.  That, and it's impossible to adjust it while the monitor is in the machine, making it a difficult proposition to make the proper adjustment unless you have an extension cable to be able to run the monitor outside of the machine.

Fourth, you'll likely want to/need to replace the flyback soon -- it's the weakest link on the monitor and causes out-of-focus issues.  For this you'll need to know safe monitor handling skills and soldering, or take it to a TV repair shop that can do it for you.

Edit: I see from your profile that you're in Las Vegas.  I'm sure there must be a shop there that could do the repairs for you, and would have the necessary cables to test it and make the necessary adjustments.  You likely wouldn't have to bring your whole machine in, either, just the monitor which could easily fit on your passenger seat.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
RV Doctor
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2009, 09:41:15 PM »

My Game King uses a Ceronix CRT and the display became fuzzy.  If your  CRT unit is a Ceronix, the Ceronix model # will be written on the rear of the tray that holds the CRT and logic board.  On my unit the focus adjustment is on the flyback transformer. The flyback transformer is easy to find as a thick cable goes from the flyback transformer to a rubber boot (looks like a suction cup) which is attached to the top of the glass CRT tube.  There are 2 adjustments on the flyback transformer.  The knob closest to the logic board (on the flyback transformer) controls focus. The other knob controls the voltage going to the CRT.  Neither can be adjusted while the CRT assembly is in the machine.  Remove the CRT assembly. Note the position of the flyback transformer knob closest to the PCB, then turn it slightly and reinstall the PCB and see if the focus has become better or worse.  Naturally these instructions won't be applicable if you don't have a ceronix.   Don't reach into the CRT area while the machine is turned ON as very high voltages exist in this area.  Ceronix is at www.ceronix.com and they have technical info available at their site.

I hope this helps.

i have a game king touch screen monitor 14 inch and its been fine till today the screen became a little fuzzy on the cards what can i do to make my monitor clear again thanks in advance for your help
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.