How to use IGT S+ game kits in an IGT S2000 machine
<< < (2/11) > >>
coorslight115:
Just for the hell of it I thru my OEM haywire chip in. It is a 27c64 200 and it worked fine . Had s2000 type haywire spin and your in the money tunes. Not too sure about the speed restrictions on the chips. SS4080
knagl:
Quote from: coorslight115 on February 23, 2011, 02:15:39 AM

Just for the hell of it I thru my OEM haywire chip in. It is a 27c64 200 and it worked fine . Had s2000 type haywire spin and your in the money tunes. Not too sure about the speed restrictions on the chips. SS4080

I've read many times in the past that there is a speed restriction on the chips, although perhaps it's an issue where mileage may vary.  Did you have a sound SIMM installed when you were getting the "We're in the Money" Haywire spins, or is that built in?  I know the DSV00042 has Haywire sounds on it -- I just wonder if the game can take advantage of it with the S+ Haywire chips, or if it'd require using an S2000 Haywire chip to get the full effect.
brichter:
The Enhanced sound works with the S+ reel eprom in the S2000/Vision platform.

I also use my 120ns S+ eprom in it with no issues.
JRR4:
Wish I had seen this yesterday but glad I found it today.  One thing, I'm having a time getting my S+ reel strips to fit into my S2000 reels.  They seem a micron too wide.  Anyone else have this problem.  Maybe the backlit reels are slightly narrower that the non backlit versions?
Ron (r273):
Quote from: JRR4 on February 23, 2011, 04:22:03 PM

Wish I had seen this yesterday but glad I found it today.  One thing, I'm having a time getting my S+ reel strips to fit into my S2000 reels.  They seem a micron too wide.  Anyone else have this problem.  Maybe the backlit reels are slightly narrower that the non backlit versions?

The strips are a liitle wider as the backlit strips and reels are narrower. I had to cut about a 1/32" off of my strips so they would fit.
I measured and used a straight edge and marked the edges with a ball point pen. The only problem if you go to use them
on a non lit reels they will be loose and may come off.

Ron (r273)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page