*** S2000 CLEANING REEL STRIP WARNING ***
<< < (2/9) > >>
idesign:
Quote from: MrBellMan on May 10, 2009, 01:16:47 PM

So, is there a way to properly clean them?  :103-

What if something actually spilled on it (god forbid)?  :47- We have discussed dusting them, but not really cleaning them...

Also, maybe we should start a list of strips that are in danger of being damaged. I'll start:

IGT Super Stars Spin

Rob

The list would be endless.  Most of the IGT strips produced during a certain period of time were not protected.  Not sure what that period of time is but I have 2 sets of strips for Diamond Stars (which is the same game as Super Spin Sizzling 7s), one set is not protected and the other is a new set that is protected.
Op-Bell:

Most of the IGT strips produced during a certain period of time were not protected.  Not sure what that period of time is

As I suggested in another thread, I think it may be from the time when IGT first introduced backlit reels, and the reels they used at first didn't have enough torque to spin a full-weight strip, so they left off the lamination layer.
jdkmunch:
Quote from: MrBellMan on May 10, 2009, 01:45:53 AM

Guilty as charged...  :52- :52- :52-

Still looking for a nice set of Super Stars Spin reel strips if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Rob (the wrecker of strips)  :25- :25- :25-

MrBellMan  - Why don't you do this until you find real strips - scan the reels strips you have.  Using photoshop fix the damaged part and then go on to the whole strip and make sure they are perfect.  You can then bring the image to Kinkos and they will print out them out for you on large format paper.  You can use them as is  on the paper or laminate them.  -  If you can't fix them pm me and I'll do it for you. 

Your strips will look better than originals

I don't know if yours are backlit - this may not work then.
Neonkiss:
Quote from: MrBellMan on May 10, 2009, 01:16:47 PM

So, is there a way to properly clean them?  :103-

Has anyone tried denatured alcohol ?
It has no water in it like Isopropal alcohol.
If you have damaged strips, you can use them to test what will or will not damage them.
MrBellMan:
Quote from: jdkmunch on May 10, 2009, 10:17:40 PM

Quote from: MrBellMan on May 10, 2009, 01:45:53 AM

Guilty as charged...  :52- :52- :52-

Still looking for a nice set of Super Stars Spin reel strips if anyone can help.

Thanks,

Rob (the wrecker of strips)  :25- :25- :25-

MrBellMan  - Why don't you do this until you find real strips - scan the reels strips you have.  Using photoshop fix the damaged part and then go on to the whole strip and make sure they are perfect.  You can then bring the image to Kinkos and they will print out them out for you on large format paper.  You can use them as is  on the paper or laminate them.  -  If you can't fix them pm me and I'll do it for you. 

Your strips will look better than originals

I don't know if yours are backlit - this may not work then.

They are backlit strips... :-(

I love your idea though...

Rob
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page