Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 27, 2024, 11:52:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S and S-plus Reel Games. (Moderator: knagl)
| | |-+  I need assistence slant top
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I need assistence slant top  (Read 4672 times)
twizz63
« on: September 14, 2011, 10:55:30 PM »

I tried for a while to figure out how to open front door on IGT slant top. It Hays those manual locks which i plan on changing and I am going to change DBV-145 to DBV-200. My only question now is the front door .
morning_glory21
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 05:24:16 AM »

Scratch Head i'm guessing that it's locked and you don't have the key?  sounds like you'll be using a drill!!  hissy fit
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 11:55:28 AM »

There isn't a whole lot that you can do if you don't have the key. The barrel key should be the same one to open the top of the machine as well. My 2 slants have 3 locks on them and they all use the same key to open them. I guess its possible that somone replaced the lock so that they aren't all the same.
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:35:05 PM »

When you say the "front door" are you talking about the main (hatch) door that opens upward, or the metal panel where a player's knees would be if he were sitting in front of the machine?

Do you have keys for the machine?

Only one of the key slots on the front of the machine (under the armrest) is a lock - the other is a Jackpot Reset keyswitch.  Don't drill that one out -- it won't help you to get into the machine!

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:26:45 PM »

I tried for a while to figure out how to open front door on IGT slant top. It Hays those manual locks which i plan on changing and I am going to change DBV-145 to DBV-200. My only question now is the front door .

The way that I read the post I feel that he is talking about the "Knee Knocker - Toe Breaker" front panel door and that he has one of the keyless thumb turn "shipping locks."

If my assumptions are correct with the main door lid/hatch all the way open, he need only lightly hold the front of the panel door to prevent it from falling while he pulls up on the release pin under the main lid door latch, and that should release the front door forward.

Maybe he can  Please Post Pictures so we know for sure his situation. I can't get to my S+ slant top right now to take pictures of the latching system. Again, my assumptions can be all wrong here...

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 06:30:21 PM »

And if it was anything like my slants were, it'll take a bit of WD-40 and some work to get it to open smoothly without dropping it on your feet from needing two hands to pull up on the little knob. Once you've dropped one of those on yourself once (ok twice in my case) you'll learn  Duh!
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »

And if it was anything like my slants were, it'll take a bit of WD-40 and some work to get it to open smoothly without dropping it on your feet from needing two hands to pull up on the little knob. Once you've dropped one of those on yourself once (ok twice in my case) you'll learn  Duh!

Been there, done that!!! Silly Me! Help Homer Insane Cry Laughing

CH CaptainHappy

knagl

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 08:31:46 PM »

Heh.  I guess I'm lucky I could never get that door off on my friend's machine, then.  I'm sure I would have dropped it on my foot.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
twizz63
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 02:39:41 AM »

Thanks all, I figured it out finally. Felt stupid it took so long.
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 07:13:21 AM »

Thanks all, I figured it out finally. Felt stupid it took so long.

Well what was it? We like to see who guessed correctly, plus we don't laugh at people cause we have done the same tbing ourselves more often than not! bust gut laughing

Also it is nice to document solutions in our threads for the future readers wbo may have the same problem! yes

CaptainHappy CaptainHappy

CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 07:31:22 AM »

Heh.  I guess I'm lucky I could never get that door off on my friend's machine, then.  I'm sure I would have dropped it on my foot.

Kevin,

You are very lucky as the front access panel door on slants sits in a little track/groove on the bottom. When they are released they usually wallop the crap out of your knee, then give a hard glancing blow to your shin on its way down to nearly break your foot or toes with its angled metal piece.  Help Anyone with a slant and this experience feel free to chime in and come out of hiding! Cry Laughing

On the newer models of S2000 and GameKing & iGame slants IGT added a saftey stop that you have to realease as a second step! A victory for lower limbs! Clap Hail Clap

CH CaptainHappy

crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 11:33:39 AM »

Thats a pretty accurate assessment of how it happens. I did it twice when I first got my slants since the pin was sticking a bit and needed two hands to pull it up. I quickly learned to hold my knee against it so that it wouldn't fall off of the track and keep my toes attached to my foot. That panel feels like it weighs about 20 pounds and never feels good falling directly on your foot.
knagl

Kevin

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »

You are very lucky as the front access panel door on slants sits in a little track/groove on the bottom. When they are released they usually wallop the crap out of your knee, then give a hard glancing blow to your shin on its way down to nearly break your foot or toes with its angled metal piece.

Heh, thanks for the - literally - blow-by-blow explanation.  Ouch!

twizz63
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 05:35:23 AM »

sorry guys......it was my ignorance.......just had to hit the latch to release it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.