Member's Pets

(1/17) > >>

CaptainHappy:
Hey there Folks,

Sorry that I have not been on the site for a little while. Since I couldn't sleep I thought that I would share this with you all since so many of you are so Pet Friendly, and have seen and enjoyed the pictures that I have shared in the past of my Sister's "Lap" dogs Angel and Jasper that live with her and my Mom back in Sparks. I refer to them as my NIECE and NEPHEW!

It is with sad regret that I have to tell you all that Angel passed away yesterday morning. Early in the morning after I had just gotten back from my weekend getaway to visit Buzz, Stat and ashyron, I was awoken with a troubling phone call from my Mom and Sister in clear distress and extreme sadness because Angel had just died. She was a little ill the previous evening with stomach ache and she was just up and down restless. She was drinking alot of water that she later threw up. I was checking in on her on my drive home and she was a little restless but cuddly as usual. Then suddenly in the morning she got up and walked uneasily over by my Mom and layed down, tried her best to wag her tail and lift her head up and gasped a bit and died. I was in shock as everything happened so suddenly and Angel was only 7 or 8 years old! :8- I felt so helpless as there was nothing that I could do since they are over 600 miles away. Additionally my mom can't lift Angel, nor could my Sister, Kymberly, as she just had major surgery just last week and is home recovering. Angel was around 75 pounds, and got on your lap like she was a little lap dog that weighs 10 lbs. I tried to call a friend up there to see if he could go move her for them, but I couldn't reach him right away. We were able to arrange for a animal service that comes and takes care of this for you.

We have no idea what happened, but at least it happened relatively quickly as compared to a long and drawn out painful sickness. I have to believe that things happen for a reason, but it was just so shocking and surprising to us to get hit with this so unexpectedly. Poor Jasper will be lonley as he was a puppy when we got him and he grew up with Angel. I thought that I would share a few of my favorite pictures her. The first two are of one of my favorite days with Angel and my Sister on my boat when Angel was pretty young, and Jasper was not in the picture yet. Sorry for the bad news.

Mark :95-

CaptainHappy:
Angel loved sticks logs and braches of all kinds to play with and chew on, but she did it "Bigger" than most dogs do!!! Here are a couple of my favorites...

CaptainHappy:
Here is a picture of Angel on my couch when they all visited me for Thanksgiving last November 2009.

It feels good to share these couple PICs. Thanks for looking!

Mark :95-

jrsyjohn:
mark,i am so sorry to hear that.if there is anything i can do please let me know.i have my pooch name sarge and he means the world to me! i know how you must feel. best to you. john

reho33:
My condolences to you , we have 5 cats here. I was told that larger dogs only live to about 7 or 8. It's the smaller dogs that live longer. But I thing John toomanynumbers, the Rudy's Deals guy loved his dog also and that it passed about 6 months ago? (I don't really know). But his dog's face appears in everything he has on the website. I know what it is to lose pets, it sucks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page