Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:11:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  **Reel Gaming Machines** **General Chat**
| | |-+  Aristocrat Atlas IGT 3 reel
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Aristocrat Atlas IGT 3 reel  (Read 8608 times)
CORKY777777
« on: September 19, 2008, 02:28:01 AM »

Hi,  I've seen some discussion on the old site about these dual manufacturer machines.   I take it that Artistocrat built this and IGT marketed it?  The model number on the IGT tag is R20NBL.   There is also a Ainsworth tag on this slot.

I got this baby cheap, looks like a mouse got inside and chewed up some wiring in the middle section.   I'm hoping someone can identify what series or whatever that Artisocrat called this machine.   I've seen Mark IV, Mark V and so on for their model series, and wonder if this is one of those?

For sure I'm needing some fuses and bullbs (the florescent lights work and the music plays!).   There is a 40 inch 16 pin ribbon cable that is chewed up with a #60304300B on it that will need replacing.   I may be able to splice some the other damaged wiring.

I have more photos if any one is interested.   For now, I'm just trying to identify it, so I can try to find a repair manual for it. 

Thanks for your interest!

Corky

* SLOT.JPG (162.68 KB, 800x1067 - viewed 615 times.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 02:36:01 AM by CORKY777777 » Logged
edtruman
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 03:48:34 PM »

Hi Corky,

I may be able to help you out
send me a picture of the cable you are looking for and I will see what I can do

... Jim
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 04:35:31 AM »

It's an Aristocrat Esprit, and as you say, it was made by Aristocrat and marketed by IGT. We have manuals and wiring diagrams for these games but they are quite pesky to trouble shoot and fix. There are several other threads running. Do a search for "esprit", "aristocrat" etc.

The "fuses" in the open clips are actually 24V festoon bulbs. If you put an actual fuse in these clips it will have a bright but very short life! There are no bulbs installed in the top right area around the meters, in most games.
CORKY777777
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 12:33:05 AM »

Thanks guys!  Op-bell, you got a great recommendation in Bullhead City last weekend! 
So far:   I repaired all the damaged wiring I could find inside.  Got some bulbs and fuses, and replaced all those that needed help.   I cut off the batteries and soldered a battery holder in place.   All circuit boards seem to look ok.   

Plugged it in, and no fuses blowing!  All lights seem to work and music plays, except for the level with the meters.   Seems like there is no power there.   On the LH side of  the circuit board there is are a couple of sockets for 3 prong connectors.   I'm  not certain that I have the connector on the correct one.

I'm not sure where to go from this point.   I'm still learning, that's for sure!

Your ideas will be much appreciated!
Corky

* Aristocrat April09 003 (1152 x 864).jpg (296.15 KB, 1152x864 - viewed 441 times.)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 01:18:13 AM by CORKY777777 » Logged
CORKY777777
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 05:59:46 PM »

Here's a brief update, thanks for the wiring diagrams!   I checked the plug to the payout board pictured above.   It's S22 on the diagram.   The brown wire, # 18 tested out to have 55 volts AC!    Now I'm wondering if my meter is bad, or if I just don't know how to test properly.   I used the case for a ground.

Also, are there ANY fuses in the payout circuit board?   There were a couple fuses on it when I got the machine that I have replaced with same.   I'm wondering now if they all should have been festoons?   I'm also thinking the machine is in tilt.    Is the tilt lamp on the payout circuit board itself? 

I'm not sure what my next step is, as the power (too much??) seems to be getting to the payout board ok. 

All the lights seem to work, and music plays, but no reel motor activity at all.   

Thanks for your thoughts!

Corky
Op-Bell
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 326

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »

The 24V AC supply is not referenced to ground, but one end is connected to (I think) the unregulated +12V DC, which sits at about 17V. So if you measure it with respect to ground you see a 17V DC bias on the AC. Typical DVMs don't directly measure AC - they rectify it, measure the DC and add a correction constant. So it doesn't surprise me at all that you measure 55V to ground. That's ok.

There are no fuses anywhere except in the black fuse holders by the power supply. All the "fuse holders" on the PCBs are for 24V festoon lamps.  Some of the lamps are on the back of the board, shining through the PCB material as a diffuser. The Tilt lamp is on the front of the LED meter board directly under the displays.
CORKY777777
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 12:29:36 AM »

Thanks OP,    Seems like I'm getting power ok.   I took all 4 of the fuses/festoons off of the display board and replaced them with new lamps.   Nothing lights up on the board yet.    Think the display board might be bad?   Oh, I did have the reel assy removed at the time, but the tilt lamp should still come on, right?  There is just one power source to  the display board isn't there?

Hope you are well! 

Corky
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.