Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 01:13:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Pinball Games
| | |-+  Phoenix AZ help for leveling and maintenace of TAF
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Phoenix AZ help for leveling and maintenace of TAF  (Read 7074 times)
halestrm
« on: November 29, 2009, 03:46:50 PM »

Hi, we just bought a new house and with the house we got The Addams Family pinball.  After we moved in, I noticed the level showed that it is way off.  We are still trying to get the key from the old owners, they just cannot find it.

To the point.  I am hoping to get someone local to rekey and level the machine.  Figure they can do a maintenance call at the same time.  I do not want the cheapest, but someone how is going to do a good job at a fair price.  Someone I can trust in my home when I am here alone with my 10 year old daughter.

I have read plenty of horror stories and am trying to avoid that.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

THX
MrBellMan
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 153

Wild Thing!

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 05:23:04 PM »

You should be able to just drill out the lock. Once drilled, you can replace the old lock with a new one. Leveling is also fairly easy since the legs have their own adjustable levelers on them. You can adjust the legs to what ever makes you happy. I do know there are a lot of collectors in your area. Check out RGP (link below)...

Here are some web site I recommend you look into for parts, repair and good info:

http://www.pinrepair.com/
http://www.pinballlife.com/
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.pinball/topics?hl=en

Good Luck!

Rob

halestrm
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 02:10:59 AM »

I have read a few items on leveling the game, and it is beyond what I feel comfy with.  I understand that to do it correctly, it must be level on east, west, north, south, center circular plus.  Based on other websites, this is very important to keeping the machine in tip top form.  Because everyone stresses this as critical, I would love to have a pro do it while I learn.  I am just plain scared to do it by myself and mess up a very expensive machine.

This is why I am hoping someone can recommend someone I can trust.

Thanks for the vote on doing it myself but...  I am a wuss.

K
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 01:14:21 PM »

You will probably have better luck finding someone on the KLOV forums that knows how to do that type of work...

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
halestrm
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 03:33:23 PM »

What are the KLOV forums?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »

What are the KLOV forums?

Google it!
okay...here's a link to it.

http://www.klov.com/

halestrm
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 06:16:45 PM »

You're right.  I should have googled it.  I feel silly for not thinking of it.  Just assumed KLOV was a nickname versus the name.

Sorry for being lazy!
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 11:38:55 PM »

put a level across the rails to level side to side     when the bubbles in the middle your right  front to back  just use the pitch that gives you good play  if you can,t level a pinball  sell it  as far as the lock drill thur centre it should push  the bolt  out of the lock door will open  drive to lowes/home depot buy  new lock
bob in phx
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 12:32:08 AM »

I am in phx (mesa really ) and would be happy to look at the machine. I normally charge a pepsi or two. I can help you understand what to do and how to do it!!!! Ive had pins since I was 18 and that makes 30 years. google the group rec.games.pinball for bob in phx and you will see that I have been around a long time....Please understand that I do work like a doctor. First do no harm!!! so If I dont think I can fix it,, I will tell you so!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob in phx (mesa really)
halestrm
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 02:20:50 AM »

put a level across the rails to level side to side     when the bubbles in the middle your right  front to back  just use the pitch that gives you good play  if you can,t level a pinball  sell it  as far as the lock drill thur centre it should push  the bolt  out of the lock door will open  drive to lowes/home depot buy  new lock

I don't think my being concerned about causing damage to a machine means I should sell it.  I just read a 10 page manual on leveling the machine and that this machine not being level can cause damage to the mechanics.  OK, so if I mess up and play the machine when it is not where it needs to be I can cost myself more in the long run.  I do not feel comfortable drilling the lock out because I have no clue what wires may be hanging out of place behind it.  Again, never needed to drill out a lock before.

This is my first date with the TAF.  I do not do blind dates, I prefer an intro instead.

I am not a fool, but an expensive machine is not something I feel at easy "playing around with". 
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 06:13:26 AM »

It sounds like you should give Bob a call and have a few Pepsi's handy.  Smiley

There's nothing to be scared of when it comes to slightly adjusting the level of your machine.  There are leveling screws built into the bottom of all four legs and you won't mess up anything by having it slightly off level, or it being a little off level as you adjust it.  You obviously wouldn't want to have the thing so far off that the machine is rocking back and forth on two of the four legs -- I suppose that could cause some damage.

Your pinball machine is pretty rugged, though, just like your slot machine.  Both were designed with the "real world" in mind where people are far from kind to machines they don't own.  They're probably loving the safe, gentle atmosphere your home provides.

...and I wish my future house came with an Addam's Family pinball machine built in.  Smiley  I'm still very jealous -- that's a super game.

If you don't have them already, manuals for your machine can be downloaded from the Internet Pinball Database (see the "Documentation" section just above all the pictures -- you'll want the "Operations Manual", "Operators Manual", and perhaps the "Parts List"):

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=20

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
bob in phx
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2009, 09:02:46 PM »

well, I got a pirvate message from the orginal poster, and I replied, but I have not heard a thing since then..... oh well... I tried!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bob in phx
PWRSTROKE
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 246

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2009, 09:08:21 PM »

K+ -bob in phx for your efforts.
halestrm
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 09:42:33 PM »

Sorry about not sending a reply earlier.  Last night the computer went into hyperdrive and I needed search the villian out, seems it was my stepson went to a site I never would have approved if I had known.  All is good now, but it was a fun chase.  Thank goodness for highjackThis.

Just got your email, and wanted to reply here first.

THX for the contact
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.