Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:00:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  IGT S2000 and Vision Games.
| | |-+  s2000 reel tilt issue on startup
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: s2000 reel tilt issue on startup  (Read 4462 times)
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 63

« on: January 30, 2013, 12:21:38 AM »

I am looking for some input on an issue I am having with one of my s2000 machines.  I have an enhanced board in it.  The machine works fine when it is on, but when it is left off for extended periods of time (say overnight) and turned back on it will come up with a reel 3 tilt.  It only happens on startup, and if you open and close the door it will clear the tilt and won't happen again until the next time it is off overnight.  What could be causing this issue?
PLUNGER BOY
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

plunger buddies DEAD BOO HOO

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 01:23:24 AM »

Change out the reel #3 to #1 or #2  and see if the error follows the reel . If so its the reel if not maybee in the harness . P.B.

SELL me your  TERMINATOR  I GAME TOP GLASS AND BELLY   ( Round Top )
cowboygames
Abbys Dad
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 680

Happiness in life is a great dog

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 01:29:14 AM »

If you're running a 1270 enhanced MPU check the voltage on the green battery after the machines been off overnight like you say. May need a new battery
gposing

Total Karma Storms: 5

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:40:27 AM »

I have the same problem on my slots.  All new batteries.  One thing that I have noticed is when you shut the slot off the reels will jump just a little bit.  I have another set of reel and when I put them in they do the same thing.  i did not worry about it much since I just open the door, close the door and all is well.
genebopp
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 15

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 11:18:07 AM »

I have been chasing a different problem, but I keep having to pull the reels out.  Sometimes I get a reel error after I put them back in.  I would clean the optic on the troubled reel. 
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 04:15:41 PM »

Brian  I had a lot of trouble with reel tilts and SG000155 game chips. ( about a dozen machines ) But these would tilt when playing the machine. I would tossed the 155 and install SG000363. If you have a different set of game chips will not hurt to give it a try. If nothing else try reseating your chips.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 04:46:45 PM »

I will have to give that a try.  I usually use the SG523 chips, but this machine actually had the original IGT factory chips in it.  I will put some of the chips I typically use in and see what happens.  I have tried replacing the reel with a different one already and the same thing was happening so the reel itself seems to be eliminated.
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 119

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 12:46:13 AM »

I have the same exact problem on a couple of mine.. Reboot the next morning and get reel tilts, open and close door a couple of times (don't even have to touch the actual reels) and it's fine. NEVER in the game do i have any issue with the reel tilt; only on the overnight reboot. Have temporarily given up on trying to resolve it as i'm dealing with a couple of other issues on some other machines.  So i'm hoping you get a resolution because that means i might get one.  applause
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2013, 12:49:38 AM »

I'm using the SG362 chips. I have not gone down the green battery path yet, but will probably look into that next.
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 01:32:49 AM »

I switched to sg523 chips today.  Powered on and off for about 30 minutes at a time with no tilts.  I am doing the overnight test to see what happens now.
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 10:41:07 PM »

Looks like the sg-523 chips are the cure, as i have so far confirmed Brians findings. I have replaced the two game chips sg-362 with the game chips sg-523 on my 5 reel 9-liner s2000's. I have done it on 2 of them so far, they were really bad with the reboot reel tilts.

Before i swapped the chips, i rebooted each machine 5 times; out of the 10 total times rebooted, 9 times it gave the reel tilt error (open and close main door a couple times and it goes away).

Once i switched to the 523 chip (and after having to go back into the keyconfig to reset some things) i have rebooted both machines 10 times throughout the day.. Every single time it rebooted properly with no reel tilt errors.  yes yes

I have 2 more machines to do later tonight; will reboot all 4 throughout the day tomorrow and report back. But this seems to be it. 

Might be something along the lines of 523 being a newer version of the chip; and thus they fixed some things from the earlier versions that tended to be extra sensitive to reel tilts; just my theory.

Great job guys...  Hail Hail Hail

bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 11:29:58 PM »

Glad you are experiencing good results.  I have not seen any issues with mine yet, but am continue testing.
bhinkley
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 04:07:22 AM »

The results of testing are in for my machines.  I had another machine start the tilt issue also with the SG363 chips.  I am now running the SG523 chips in both machines that I had the issues in and have not had a single reel tilt since the switch.  I think we have solved the problem.  Thanks for the suggestion Buzz.
teamclark4
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 03:31:02 PM »

Same here, no more tilts on any machine since the chip change..  Clap Clap Clap
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.