Vision LCD Keyboard
(1/1)
tacman:
JohnnyG

Vision LCD Keyboard
« on: December 26, 2007, 09:36:08 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guess what I got to work with the Vision LCD?   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tacman:
brichter

Re: Vision LCD Keyboard
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2008, 10:21:31 PM »   

Quote from: r273 on May 19, 2008, 09:13:28 PM

It looks like NJ version chip requires the long boot sequence. Others don't.

Ok, 'nother trivia question: my Vision LCD has "VGA" and KBD/Mouse ports on it, anyone know the pinout for this to a D-Sub 15 (normal monitor cable) and keyboard/mouse cables? I'd imagine the VGA port would display the boot sequence.

knagl

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 08:59:47 AM »   

Here's a link to the VGA pinout, as well as a page with a PS/2 Keyboard pinout.   

http://pinouts.ru/Video/VGA15_pinout.shtml
http://pinouts.ru/Inputs/KeyboardPC6_pinout.shtml
tacman:
CaptainHappy

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »   

Quote from: brichter on May 19, 2008, 10:21:31 PM
Ok, 'nother trivia question: my Vision LCD has "VGA" and KBD/Mouse ports on it, anyone know the pinout for this to a D-Sub 15 (normal monitor cable) and keyboard/mouse cables? I'd imagine the VGA port would display the boot sequence.

Quote from: knagl on May 20, 2008, 08:59:47 AM
Here's a link to the VGA pinout, as well as a page with a PS/2 Keyboard pinout.   

I have not looked at the vision box before, but a word of caution as far as the KB/MS port or ports. I do embedded computers and single board computers and you need to be careful if they have a single port for combined KB/MS connection. Most embedded computer products use the single PS/2 port and an adapter cable that splits out to seperate KB and MS ports. It is a basic real estate savings issue usually. The issue comes from the fact that there are probably at least two different ways that manufacturers do the wiring for those single ports.   Why can't people do something standard?? I say this because the adapter cables look exactly the same!!!    I have attached a pic and drawing (I painted a further description to it.... Don't laugh at the lack of art skills.) of a sample of the cable. The variations come depending on where they wire the KB&MS DATA&CLOCK signals. If there are two seperate ports, the standard pinout usually is fine. Hopefully the vision box usies the two seperate ports. Not sure if this helps out, or just confuses the issue?   

CH

Navigation
Message Index