Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:28:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  E series 1347 ID help please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: E series 1347 ID help please  (Read 4091 times)
coreya
« on: September 11, 2011, 06:17:05 PM »

!st post here so please bare with me. I bought this machine as non working at a yard sale and after cleaning it up and resetting the tilt everything appears to be working (payout are very loose, hard to lose money on this one). My question is What is it? the tags say "series E E-1347 with one place on the machine showing a model # of 1251" I am attaching some photos or a link to photobucket since I'm not sure which will work. Also the chips on the board have U.S. Army 1983 (or 1984)? Any and all help, advice or comments on if I did good for 50 bucks (- 4.50 in quarters in the bottom of the machine) are appreciated. Thanks

and slide show

http://s218.photobucket.com/albums/cc70/coreyalt/slot%20machine/?albumview=slideshow
litterbox99
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 14

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »

Cool find ! You did good for $50.

Thanks for the pictures also.
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:03:12 PM »

NLG Welcome     coreya!

I am sure you will be getting replies on your post as I do not have any Bally machines. I do have a old
Manual  Bally  Series E 1980-1986, by Liberity Bally Books if you would like it.

Ron (r273)

FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 09:17:57 PM »

you have a military model e-series machine - the mpu and IO board are not standard e-series - the error codes and testing are also different than e-series. 
Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 09:19:26 PM »

Bally did make special machines for the Military. Yes you have a Military machine.
It uses different boards from the regular E-series machines. The military had their own specs for use. The payout are loose and the machines can be fun to play. The lower R/H key switch is to disable the machine and the upper R/H key switch raises a bar to read the internal meters.
I attached a copy of the Bally Military Manual as the error codes differ from the regular machines.

I see Barry beat me to it by 90 seconds....

* Bally Military Spec Manual.pdf (1721.78 KB - downloaded 178 times.)

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
coreya
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »

Thanks a bunch Neonkiss that will certainly help, also thanks to foxsslots1 and everyone else for the great info, other than the mpu and io boards is everything else sort of stock series E, Like lub points, battery replacement etc.
And yes the machine is very loose (wish the ones on the cruise ships were that loose!!!)
Any idea what the value is and does the fact its a military machine increase or decrease the value? Last question, the keys for the power cut off, tilt reset and meter display are missing, are these keys a standard one type fits all or are they all different? Again thanks for the help
Thought of another question, where is the battery located on the board? I get the L lit up indicating battery low but i've looked and the only thing that remotely looks like one is a big blue round thing connected to the board by 2 wires (see pic) and if not changed will it effect function? (wait thats 2 questions.....oh well) Thanks again

« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:53:24 AM by coreya » Logged
Ron (r273)
NLG Welcome Wagon & General Chat
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 401

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »

coreya     You've Got Mail   

Ron(r273)
coreya
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 01:03:28 PM »

+1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) +1 (Karma, or whatever) for everyones help. Asked about this machine on another site and this is the answer received from Rodger Knutson on ALLEXPERTS.com. Still looking for info on battery replacement and best way to make the changout ie do I have to re-set anything or do anything special, can I upgrade the battery to a different style (flat one Vs big barrel one) etc?

"This is very interesting for me, I have worked on and owned scores of these Bally E series machine but I have never ran across the military version of the Bally "E" series machine myself, until now. I have a guy that I have been helping in Africa who has a couple of Bally "E" machines, and now this tells me what he has. He also has those strange red spots or lights in the greed color band under the reels in the reel glass. Up until seeing his machines, I have never seen this under the reels. You just gave me the answer by sending photo's of your machine, as his two machines also looks the same as yours, so I bet his two machines are the military verison models also, so thank you for that. I have a manual for these military Bally E Series machines that I have never really looked at yet, and I am going to have a good look at it real soon now.
I would of looked this military manual over really good before now, had I known there was this much of a difference in the military version model.
By the label on the front of the reel mechanism I see it reads that it is a Bally model E-1347-0-118, the 118 refers to the type of game that was installed in this model. The model number reads that it is a Model E-1347 and that would normally tell me that this is a Bally E-1000 series machine, but your machine has the later Bally E-2000 series MPU boards in it! If you look at your serial/model number tag again on the handle side of the machine, right above the word "BALLY" on that tag you will see some hand stamped numbers, I can see them in your photo's but I can't read them, this is the date #month-day-year# that your machine rolled off the assembly line  the day it was built."
        (I didn't see these numbers when I took the pictures but now see it was made 9-18-84)
       "Your game programs are all military specific programs and I see the program, the personally EPROM in socket P1 is not labeled with a program number like the regular Bally games are. On normal games there will be a program number like 547289 and the last two numbers of Bally program number, is the games payout percentage, so the number I made up, #547289# the last two numbers are 89, this would be a game with an 89 percent payout. Looks to me that the military model machines did not want you to see this, as it doesn't list a program number. Then I see it was once a 05 cent machine when this other label was put on the front of the reel mechanism, then it reads it is or was a 5 line machine paying left to right. There is not much more I can tell you about it right now Cory. I was really excited the day I found a operators manual on the military version so information on these is not easy to find as I am sure you have already found out on your own. I'll see if I can find anything else out about it in the near future, and let you know if I do. As now you have spiked my interest again on these. If I find anything, I will update this answer and you will be notified by allexperts. Thank you for letting me see all of you great photo's of this game!"
          Just a quick addition, The battery low light went out so it must have just needed a charge. I ran all tests from the manual and all are correct and working, the program test shows the payback as 93% and the game type as 3LP LR. Again thanks for everyone's help
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:38:04 PM by coreya » Logged
Newshunter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 08:37:38 PM »

Correya,

really interesting to see you picked up a military model - I'm from Germany, but I have almost the same machine.
It is a "Bally Nickels" E-1227 with 5 paylines - but almost everything inside your machine seems to be completely the same.

Instead of this, my machine doesn't work anymore. I have posted the problems in another thread, and you can also see pictures there:
http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=14223.0

I've been to the the US the last 3 weeks and wasn't able to check the power supply yet, but I will do so soon.

Do you know, where the "bell cut off switch" is located?

Daniel

Neonkiss
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 09:04:09 PM »

Correya,

Do you know, where the "bell cut off switch" is located?

Daniel

See your picture I circled in red. That's the bell cut off switch.

* Bally Military.jpg (506.21 KB, 768x960 - viewed 242 times.)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 09:10:51 PM by Neonkiss » Logged

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
coreya
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 10:27:33 PM »

Newshunter: Guten abend
Sorry thats whats left of my German after my parents who were both from Germany (Fulda and Frankfurt a mein) passed away. That nickel machine is a great looker and hope you get it up and running. If you havn't downloaded the manual you should as the information is essential. Look for the post of R273 (ron). What is the date of manufacture of your machine ( should be right above the word bally on the tag right side of the machine)? Wish I could be of more help and enjoy your stay here in the U.S.A.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.