Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:48:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally 6000 Help....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally 6000 Help....  (Read 8445 times)
fireguy3
« on: August 30, 2011, 10:14:29 PM »

I know nothing about slot machines and am looking for some help. A neighbor has one that he is selling. When he went to go out to plug it in something was wrong. Everything lights ups...bells sound but doesnt take money or operate. I thought it would be cool to pick up if it wouldn't be too difficult a fix. Some numbers come up on the machine....unknown if it is a trouble code or nothing at all. Those are 88...then something that looks like a h 7E9F. Model of this machine is S65L3CBQO made in 10/02. He noticed when he went to put the cash drawer in the bill changer did not make the normal sound. That was his first clue it wasn't working. After some investigation, under the cash box appears to be 2 silver contact tabs. One is missing. Could it be something as simple as that?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »

One single picture of the front of that machine would do wonders for you... yes
I'm only guessing at this point but
one thing for sure - it's NOT a Ford Pinto... arrow
fireguy3
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:40:12 PM »

I know it is a Bally. Top payout I think was 4000. Does that help at all until I get a picture.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 11:09:06 PM »

I know it is a Bally. Top payout I think was 4000. Does that help at all until I get a picture.

NLG Welcome fireguy3  wave

Sort of, but not really. If it's a Bally 3-reel slot made in 2002 that narrows it down, but a good picture of the outside of the machine, and if possible, the inside, would be worth – well, at least 2,000 words. Tongue Out

StatFreak garfield
nlg  Global Moderator

BTW, "Bells sound" bothers me. Why would the bell be sounding? Scratch Head

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 11:39:50 PM »

Okay, 9 times out of 10 the model number doesn't help, but the bally ProSlot manual does have a breakdown of their model number designations.

Assuming that the machine still has the original kit installed (which might very well not be true if an enthusiast like ourselves ever owned the machine) then:

S65L3CBQO

From S5500 manual and S6000 manual:

S  = Slot Product  Duh!
6  = Reel Software series
5L = 5 line game
3  = 3 reels
CB =  ??   Cabinet style. Not in manual, but C is an upright.

Q  = Peripherals. S5500: Should be a number. Not in manual.
Q  = Peripherals. S6000: There are letters, but not Q. Not in manual.

0 or O. If zero, then chrome cabinet. If Oh, then not in manual.

Still, the similarity suggests a ProSlot. Now the next problem is that there is no error code 88 for the ProSlot, and there shouldn't generally be hex values in the display, either.

We still need pictures. You should probably also take pictures of the display when powered up. Also try to give us a description of EXACTLY what happens in sequence when the machine is powered up. Remember, the more you tell us, the more we can help you.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 11:45:09 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 11:46:16 PM »

If it's a Proslot, it may say so on the reel glass?
Providing the correct reel glass is installed?
Could this be a Bally ProSlot 6000?
StatFreak

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2011, 11:53:02 PM »

Now the next problem is that there is no error code 88 for the ProSlot, and there shouldn't generally be hex values in the display, either.
Looks like I'm wrong. (Not the first time Tongue Out frying pan)

The 6000 manual lists 88 as a catastrophic failure.  There is no 88 listed in the S5500 manual.
The MPU board has failed for an unknown
reason (if SafeRAM™ Clear
does not resolve error code, replace
MPU board).

So it appears to be an S6000 in need of a clear, or with a bad MPU board.  (and who knows what other problems. Duh!)

That was a bit of deductive reasoning...  Sherlock Smiley stir the pot / get cooking  Anyone else care to take a stab at the meaning of the 0x7E9F code? Scratch Head 2

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2011, 11:58:49 PM »

That was a bit of deductive reasoning...  Sherlock Smiley stir the pot / get cooking  Anyone else care to take a stab at the meaning of the 0x7E9F code? Scratch Head 2

1st stab->->-> It's the line address of the error in the eeprom?
fireguy3
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2011, 12:15:37 PM »

Wow...thanks for all the posts. I will see if I can get some pictures today and get a better idea of what happens when turned on. I know too early to say., but what does an MPU board cost?

Thanks again...
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 12:45:58 PM »

You may not need to get one but it's always nice to have a spare board.
Any of the vendors her on NLG will help you with that.
All you would need to do is place an ad for one in the "Classifieds" section of NLG.

I'm going to wait a bit for another member to help you on whether or not you
need a clear chip to erase the ram or if it's something built right into those machines...
certain machines need clear chips while others only require specific
button pushing sequence on the MPU or switch jumpers.
AnotherTech
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 03:01:55 AM »

It sounds like it's an S6000 and will need clear chips to clear it. 

I would post a WTB in the classified section for the chips before I would for a new board.  You'll want the clear chips eventually, even if the board is bad.

How much does he want for it?  It may be as simple as a RAM clear, but it may be more involved.  It's also much harder to troubleshoot a machine when you don't have another one like it to swap parts with to test.
fireguy3
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 01:05:42 AM »

ok...I have some pictures. Hopefully I can load them and it may help. He wants $100 for it? Is it worth it?

* IMAG0119.jpg (1093.24 KB, 1952x3264 - viewed 285 times.)

* IMAG0120.jpg (985.9 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 289 times.)
fireguy3
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 01:07:24 AM »

more pics...

* IMAG0121.jpg (1209.85 KB, 1952x3264 - viewed 308 times.)

* IMAG0122.jpg (1188.83 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 246 times.)
fireguy3
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 01:08:47 AM »

hope these help....

* IMAG0123.jpg (1117.51 KB, 3264x1952 - viewed 269 times.)
StatFreak

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 04:48:13 AM »

1st stab->->-> It's the line address of the error in the eeprom?

I think we had it right the first time. If you buy it you might end up having to replace the MPU board and/or the firmware (set of Mains chips that run the machine and/or the chips for the specific game.) It could end up being something simple like a bent or broken pin on the back of the MPU board.

Ask our vendors what Bally 6000 boards are going for these days. I really don't know, but probably $100 give or take. Don't forget that there could be other problems, too. However, you said that it was your neighbors. Did you see it working in the past? Did the DBV work? If so, then there might not be any other significant problems.

If you like that game theme and can be reasonably sure that this is the only issue, it's probably worth it, especially given the distance that you'd have to haul it. propeller

Stat garfield

fireguy3
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 06:04:52 AM »

MPU board? Firmware? Are those something easy to replace? Do they just unplug and plug back in? Like I mentioned earlier, I know there appears to be 1 of the 2 silver contact tabs on the bottom of the case vault that is missing. Could that be a simple fix or seems to be more than that? Have the pics narrowed down exactly what machine it is? Sorry about all the questions...I am very handy but this is like speaking a differnet language to me.
fireguy3
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 06:13:15 AM »

How do you clear chips talked about above? Does that require replacing them? Again...do I list a need for them in the classifieds and what machine and part am I asking for?
StatFreak

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 06:40:51 AM »

I don't have an S6000 to look at but on the Bally S5500, the MPU board is the large board that sits in a "cage" under the reel shelf in a frame and can be pulled straight out. the front of the MPU frame has handles, the reset and test buttons and others, some LEDs, etc.

I do know that the S6000 doesn't have a reel shelf, but I don't remember if the board is still mounted below the reels or off to one side. Buzz can probably answer that question.

From the manual: Error 88 is listed as a "catastrophic failure" and could be the board, the firmware, or both.

The entire board may or may not be bad.
The chips that I mentioned are located in removable sockets on that board. They may or may not be bad. They cannot be cleared.

The possibly bent or broken pins I mentioned are located in two long plugs at the back of the MPU board and plug into the backplace board mounted on the back wall of the machine.

Yes, you will need to buy a set of clear chips if the current owner doesn't already have them to give you. A clear probably won't fix this problem, but you'll need to do a clear when you replace the board and in the future when the battery dies or you want to make certain changes to the way the machine is set up.

Regarding the price of the board, you can wait for some other members to respond, call some of our vendors to see what their prices are, or wait for a Bally S6000 MPU board to "magically appear" for sale on eBay. That happens a lot around here. Tongue Out arrow  (I'm serious. Vendors often read that someone on here wants something and list it on fleaspray.)

fireguy3
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 07:04:30 AM »

List it on fleaspray? Is there a place on this website seeling parts? I can't seem to find it if there is. WOW I feel lost. So it loos like the machine I am dealing with is a Bally S6000??
StatFreak

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 07:27:26 AM »

List it on fleaspray? ...

eBay   Slot Parts

NLG Classifieds

However, I would suggest buying from one of our vendors listed on our main portal page, like Jim at Blueridge. By doing so, you'll not only be helping to support the vendors that support our site (by helping others with their posted problems and providing good parts at reasonable prices), you'll get a working board that will be backed by someone with integrity.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 10:09:03 AM by StatFreak » Logged

StatFreak

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »

Contact Blueridge and find out how much a good board is going to cost you. Get his price for a set of Mains as well while you're at it. Then decide for yourself if you think that the total cost of the machine and the most likely fix is worth it to you.

Consider: I don't suggest buying the board and going to your neighbor's to see if it fixes the machine unless you're willing to pay for your good dead when he has a sudden change of heart and jacks up his price or decides not to sell it to you.

Stat garfield

StatFreak

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »

...I know there appears to be 1 of the 2 silver contact tabs on the bottom of the case vault that is missing. ...

Now it's my turn to be lost. I really don't know what you're describing here. Anyone else know? Scratch Head

stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 11:58:49 AM »

I didn't know there were vaults in an Bally S6000 !?! 
Is there money in these things?  Scratch Head 3

Joking aside...snap a picture of this "vault" and post it up for us to gander at...
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »

Yes Sir the tray is just below the reels.  I put all my 6000 out in a starage trailer,  but seem to remember where the tray slides in there is a roll of rounded metal strips. I never paid a lot of attention to them but I kind of think they are just to make sure the tray has a good electrical ground.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.