Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:36:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E-2000 error help
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E-2000 error help  (Read 12740 times)
CastleTek
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 08:43:49 PM »

Sorry bout that, I was trying to be proactive lol.  So would you happen to have some of those? Are they both the same?
CastleTek
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2011, 01:19:39 AM »

My CMOS chips say "smc5101e-3"
I found some on eBay that are for Bally pinball boards that say "PCD5101P"

Are these the same, could I use them to replace mine?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2011, 09:24:35 AM »

My CMOS chips say "smc5101e-3"
I found some on eBay that are for Bally pinball boards that say "PCD5101P"

Are these the same, could I use them to replace mine?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »

those will work.
CastleTek
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2011, 10:21:44 AM »

Awesome, I will order. Is there anything I have to do, or is it like a computer, just plug it in and it will recognize and start using like ram?
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member

Me at work

« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »

you MAY have to a ram clear - you may have bad sockets - but try the new ICs first.
CastleTek
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 01:06:06 AM »

I return with good news!  I installed the new 5101's and we have life!  It powers up and goes through a self test and displays "50 000", which is all good, so I put in a coin and pull the handle. The reels spin, then the third reel locks and the 2nd & 3rd payline lights start flashing and the 1st & 2nd reels just keep free spinning. If I turn key, the display flashes 41 & 1, my paperwork says 41 is reel 1 spin error. What does this mean?  What should I do?

Thanks!
CastleTek
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2011, 11:37:34 PM »

Well, I believe it is fixed!  Handle pull was pretty hard and not going back up by itself, so I put a little WD40 on all the moving parts I could see and taped a cable that was rubbing on reel when the door was closed. Closed it up, threw in some coins, pulled the handle a few times, and viola! Seems to be working ok now, handle is returning now, no codes, and paying out. Thank you guys for your help! It is much appreciated!

Thanks!
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2011, 01:37:38 AM »

Thanks for sharing your finding on this problem. Its good to know that those 5101 ram chips caused the problem. Need to keep this in mind for trouble shooting down the road...  Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.