Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:45:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Ballys S5500 Help with code 0-6? dont see any ref. to this code
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ballys S5500 Help with code 0-6? dont see any ref. to this code  (Read 23579 times)
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 139

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2012, 03:51:11 PM »

I agree...Karma a good thing!  waving flag
jhoward
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »

man, Im sorry. Didnt realize about the Karma thing until you said something. I will sending it for now on.
jhoward

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2012, 09:57:56 PM »

Ok so I need to buy (2) ME9X0001-9 clear chips.
I went to the site below. I am a web developer and no offense, but I am not ordering from that site. It isnt secure at all.
http://rudysdeals.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=154

I will look around for these clear chips elsewhere I guess. I'll check the companies listed on this website.

Jason

SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »

If you have 92 series mains you DO NOT need clear chips. Don't let anyone tell you different. As for rudysdeals he is trustworthy. He's been around for a while. You still don't need clears for a 92 series main.
jhoward

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »

If I dont need chips I am really confused as to what I need to do then. I am reading but not understanding much.
I read the MK2-S5MOD-0001 mod 2 manual and it tells me I need clear chips.

Thanks,
Jason
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »

Pretend that they are in there already. Start at the part where it mentions jumping post 10. The rest is pretty simple. If your fingers aren't hurting when you press the buttons on the mpu you aren't doing it right.
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 11:39:54 PM »

To do a hard reset or RAM Clear, WITH POWER OFF remove the board and locate the JW10 jumper pins ( located right front corner) Put the black jumper over both of the pins, insert the board back in. Push and hold the pseudo coin and test button on the front of the board, turn the power on while holding both buttons in.The display on the front will show CHC then CLC when the lights start flashing release the buttons. Turn the power off remove the board and place the jumper back over just one of the pins. 
 REMEMBER
Don't let go of them until you confirm the "CH C" in the winner paid window. After you release the buttons this will change to "CL C". Then turn off the machine and proceed.

GOODLUCK !!
JOHN42355
Rudys Gaming And Electronics LLC.
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 168

RudysDeals.com Gaming and Electronic Parts

« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 11:51:30 PM »

Jason , When You have a Super Guy like Rich to help you with your Bally 5500 and mention RudysDeals.com , How can you say NO WAY, Because its not a Secure site , But you are signed up with the site and have been in the site for FREE Downloads. Scratch Head
ALSO ALL OF THE ABOVE VENDERS ON NLG WOULD MORE THEN HAPPY ALSO TO HELP YOU, THEY ARE ALL GREAT AND HELPFUL ON ANY OF YOUR NEEDS...  I HOPE THIS INFORMATION HELPS YOU GET YOUR GAME UP AND RUNNING...

Discount Gaming Supplies And Free Manual Downloads At RudysDeals.com
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2012, 12:24:14 AM »

I have been dealing with Rudy's for some time now and always have had great service...His team is awesome!...I always recommend Rudy's Deals when someone needs parts or info... Clap Hail Clap
Jimmy
jhoward

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2012, 12:55:20 AM »

Ok, I followed your instructions and everything went as you described it would.

Now:
With the door open I have a 5.0. in my LED
and with the door closed I just get a .. "two dots"
jhoward

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 01:05:20 AM »

JOHN42355 ...I said that because the website is technically unsafe. It does now utilize a secure socket License to tranfer credit card data thus leaves itself open to security risks and doesnt meet federal laws for internet safety. The way the site is now, someone could be hacking and gaining access to all credit card and demographic data for anyone who has purchased online. I downloaded a free manual because I was instructed to, as far as paying with my credit card online. I appologize for hurting anyones feelings, but I am not risking identity theft to purchase clear chips for my slot machine.

Everyone here has been great to me and I have made many points in saying so. Im sure the vendors are great as well. I never insinuated any different, I only mentioned about Rudy's since I couldnt find the clear chips I thought I needed anywhere else and was hoping for a referal to another "secure" website.

Thanks again to everyone,
Jason
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2012, 01:21:22 AM »

That is a successful clear.  Code 50 is door open. Two dots is because a game has not been played yet
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 01:37:22 AM »

...It does now utilize a secure socket License to tranfer credit card data thus leaves itself open to security risks...

You're saying that the website has a secure socket license right?
So how's that unsafe?
Your statement seems contradictory to me?  Scratch Head

Anyways, I've bought many things from Rudy's website
and I think they have a bunch of top notch people onboard!  yes
I will buy from them again anytime!  Cool Thumbs-Up

My credit never has a lot of money in it so if some scumbag wants to take a chance
and break federal laws by hacking into a website and steal people's accounts - they'd be pretty &%#@ dumb!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:23:49 PM by stayouttadabunker » Logged
jhoward

« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 10:11:48 AM »

stayouttadabunker, Obviously, it was a typo on my part.  the website "does NOT utilize a secure socket License to tranfer credit card data thus leaves itself open to security risks."

Im sure they are wonderful people and I never said otherwise. That doent mean that their website is secure. In fact a= Im almost sure they have no idea that it isnt secure. I am a website developer as a profession, and just like you guys know a hell of allot more than me when it comes to games and slots, frankly I know what the hell I am talking about when it comes to website security.

SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 11:21:31 AM »

Jhoward, out of curiosity did you see a section of rudysdeals to add your credit card information because it looks like payment can only be made through PayPal.  He seems to be using a opencart with a PayPal API.  Once your tunneled through PayPal it is a SSL socket.  Truth is, not many browsers utilize TLS 1.1 or 1.2 and a little known secret called BEAST has successfully cracked PayPal and Google encryption cookies on anything less than TLS 1.1 so I guess the only way to stay safe and sleep is to trade sheep and cattle.  I actually find it amusing when my credit card company calls me and asks me if I am trying to buy gas in Bangladesh or Pakistan.

I keep my credit cards maxed out so I dont need to worry about that anymore.

With that aside, did you get your machine running?  This post seems to have gotten way off track

jhoward

« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 12:03:19 PM »

Yeah, I agree.

I am so appreciative of everyones help here.

Like I said, my machine currently just shows the  . . (two dots) which apparently means I am ready to go.

If I try and add coins in the machine they just go straight through. I think I remember somewhere that I had to have credits in the machine (I guess I need to add some dollars) in order for it to work.

I honestly ran out of time to mess with it, so I will have to try again this evening.

Jason
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2012, 12:45:30 PM »

Jason,
Thanks for your answer on the mix up on the typo!

Anyways,  I turned on my Bally 5500 for the 1st time in about 4 months, to see if I could give you a hand right?
I wanted to perform a RamClear but I was more interested to see if I could try and duplicate your "0-6" and the 4 dot error code.
I've never seen the 0-6 error nor the four dot.
After I booted it up, I threw in a quarter and won like 4 credits...I turned around to reach for my RamClear sheet ( sometimes I actually read instructions!  rotflmao ) and the machine started playing on it's own!  Duh!
I have see what the heck is going on with mine before I can help ya...  knockout

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/a8juo-pZZSw&rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/a8juo-pZZSw&rel=0</a>

SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2012, 01:15:19 PM »

Hello, I am a bit of a novice here so I am just going to spout out as much info as I can in hope something might help someone help me.

The machine did work fine for about 8 years. It is in very good condition. We are not selling it or making any money off of it, its just for private use.

Jhoward, you stated you had this machine for 8 years.  I would assume that you would know what code 50 is and two dots mean (50 comes up anytime you open the door).  If this is a machine that you just received and dont know the history behind it be honest, it will help with diagnosis.
SLOTMAN
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2012, 01:17:29 PM »

John, a problem that I do see with your site is GET THAT FLASH OFF YOUR HOMEPAGE!!!.  Webcrawlers hate flash!!!.  Go right to your parts page.  You will see a dramatic increase in web rankings.
jhoward

« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2012, 01:19:08 PM »

@stayouttadabunker
Man, sorry if I passed on some bad mojo. I think my issues may be fixed (I will find out tonight)
Good luck with your posessed machine!

Jason
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »

@stayouttadabunker
Man, sorry if I passed on some bad mojo. I think my issues may be fixed (I will find out tonight)
Good luck with your posessed machine!
Jason

No problem man!
I just gotta perform an exorcism on my Bally today...
Now where the hell did I put that Holy water? rotflmao
knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2012, 09:34:32 PM »

John, a problem that I do see with your site is GET THAT FLASH OFF YOUR HOMEPAGE!!!.  Webcrawlers hate flash!!!.  Go right to your parts page.  You will see a dramatic increase in web rankings.
Agree with Post

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
jhoward

« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »

That is a successful clear.  Code 50 is door open. Two dots is because a game has not been played yet

Alright, so the machine is up, but when I attempt to put coins in they drop right through and when I try dollars the validator doesnt attempt to take them.

OH also the green light foir the bill validator is not lit, neither is the light next to it (whatever that is for).
Do I need to do something else guys?

Sorry to be a pest.

Jason
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 10:12:47 PM by jhoward » Logged
Mr. Dinoman
Mr. Dinoman

« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2012, 10:55:42 PM »

OK, now post a photo or two of the inside of the door...Is there a coin in the coin mech.?...
jhoward

« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2012, 11:15:17 PM »

OK, now post a photo or two of the inside of the door...Is there a coin in the coin mech.?...

Yes there is

* 2012-01-18_20-17-01_445.jpg (1624.45 KB, 1840x3264 - viewed 296 times.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.