Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:11:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally E2290 won't coin up/goes into tilt (FIXED)
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally E2290 won't coin up/goes into tilt (FIXED)  (Read 13695 times)
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 499

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2012, 10:43:18 PM »

I can push that down and I can manually spin the coin wheel inside the hopper. When I do, it is just letting 1 quarter exit at a time so I can't see why it is letting to many out during a pay. When I do the #4 hopper test it only let's 10 put at a time as it should
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2012, 11:28:31 PM »

Did you check the coin wiper to make sure only one coin can go under it and check your switch adjustment? Those and the brake are the only things that I know to check? You could do test five to see if your reel readers are reading and matching your payouts.

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2012, 02:27:41 AM »

from what I can tell, only one coin at a time is passing through the wiper, what switch adjustment are you asking me to check? the level switch?

Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2012, 04:06:08 AM »

I'm not sure what you meen by a level switch? The one I'm asking you to check is a large black switch on the top of the hopper. It's the one on the other end of the roller and lever linkage that the coin goes under and lifts up just before they exit the hopper. Some have a small adjusting screw and nut that you use for the adjustment, others you just have to bend the switches trip lever

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 03:34:29 AM »

Ok, now it seems as if I have a new problem. While playing this game, the reels stopped in a non winning position, the bell went off and it started dropping coins non stop. But unlike other times upon a win, the meter was not showing winner paid nor was it rolling up how many coins were dropping. Well after a short time, it stopped dropping coins and the tilt light came on, but there is no code showing on the meter. Any idea as to what is causing this?

Thanks,

David
BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 04:08:50 AM »

one other thing, now when I open the door, the top candle light does not come on, like it is not seeing that the main door is open

also on test #4 instead of the hopper releasing just 10 coins, it won't stop until all are gone from the hopper.
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 09:28:48 PM »

Sounds like you have a short or grounded wire? Have you checked behind the I/O and MPU to make sure nothing has gotten behind them like a coin or screw? I've never seen a run away hopper on an E-Series machine before?

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 12:40:49 AM »

Ok, looks as if it is working properly now. I don't know if this had anything to do with it or not but I removed the hopper and adjusted the knife and put the hopper back into the machine and now it is counting out the correct amount of coins on a winning payline. Thanks again for all of the help on this machine.

David
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 01:20:12 AM »

Cool David... Glad it working again. These old Bally's, sometimes I think they have a mind of there own.. One minute they are just humming along, and the next  Burning Resistor wtf1

BR549 Auto Sales
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2012, 02:05:15 AM »

I will keep my fingers crossed.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.