Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:57:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Reel Games. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Bally S5500 Coin Compairators Red light on but get no credits
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally S5500 Coin Compairators Red light on but get no credits  (Read 3061 times)
randjam
« on: October 27, 2012, 07:18:44 PM »

I,m  Trying to get this s5500 working ,I Am not able to get credits.The Coin Comparator's  Red light is on and it flashes when coin goes thru but no credits ,The optics board  part as-3356-383 below it , The light is not on .Should this be on  ? Do i need a new one of these  Thanks
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 10:06:15 PM »

Toggle switch on front of MPU must be in the UP position.

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
randjam
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 11:18:27 PM »

It is in the up position, But what i noticed is that someone has put a jumper wire from the top leg of that switch to the left pin of the ram clear pins for resetting memory/ram clear position J10 ? I Can do a memory/ram clear by having the switch in down position .Could this be causing the optic board not to light ?  Thanks
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 12:15:15 AM »

Read reply 29 in this thread on how a comp. works ( this thread holds for a Bally 5500 )    http://newlifegames.net/nlg/index.php?topic=17050.msg166628#msg166628

The wire going from the toggle to a eprom, I don't have a clue what it will do.

Been a long time since I worked on a Bally. You say you can press the test button on the optics and it will add a credit. OK do that, add a credit or two, and with the main door still open press the spin buttom. Did the reels spin and play one game ??  If the reels did spin I'm guessing you have a bad coin optic. ( I did say guessing ) I'm guessing optics because the yellow light on the optics is out.

Make a deal with you, I still have a few optic boards and one machine left to test them in, PM me your address and I will send you the board, If it works donate 20 bucks to New Life Games, if it doesn't fix the problem sent the board back. I picked $20 so a donation will change your sign in name from Blue to Green

emt232004
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 208

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 12:52:50 AM »

Mine was doing something close to yours when I brought it home, being my first machine I did not know anything about it and thought I needed a new compairator/ ended up buying one and not needing it. The coin in the unit was not seated correctly after taking it out a few times and reseating it 4-5 times it worked correctly.
randjam
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »

with Toggle switch in UP position ,I Get nothing when i push the test button ,Are u saying that should give me test credits ?  In the win paids display it has basiclly  2 dots in the first two positions ,the insert coins is flashing and the change light works and beeps when pushed Thanks
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »

I wasn't clear sorry, on the coin optic board there is a very small white button, this button will add credits.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.