Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  General NLG Chat
| |-+  The Slot Shop **Tech Talk**
| | |-+  Design Flaw?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Design Flaw?  (Read 5597 times)
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 624

« on: May 11, 2009, 01:52:27 PM »

Look at this picture.. Why would WMS create a slot where the handle gets in the way of the cash box???  or am I missing something???

If I want to remove the cash I have to put a quarter in and crank the lever half way then take the money out.  Scratch Head

* photo.jpg (168.48 KB, 600x800 - viewed 212 times.)
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »

Surprised they didn't move the opening further towards the back....
Looks like a either a bad or intended-to-be-that-way design... Tongue Out
Bettor Slots
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 751

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 05:08:48 PM »

Hah...I always wondered that also about those machines.  It's the design that takes your money even when your trying to take it out since you have to put a quarter in it and pull down on the lever to get to the cash box.   bust gut laughing

If life is like a box of chocolates....why do I always seem to end up with the butter creme?
ashyron
In Remembrance of our lost NLG Members
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 255

RIP Dad. I love you. 5-26-10

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 05:15:31 PM »

In my experience, I don't have to put a quarter in any of the WMS games I have. no  I turn the key for the cash box and then the dotmation says something like cash box open - calling attendant - but I am able to pull the handle down to get it out of the way.  I was thinking it was a security issue of some sorts but what do I know Scratch Head  I'm not paid to think  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing 

And speaking of cash boxes, I just found out that if you take a piece of duck tape and put it over the switch, you don't have to have the cash box in applause  the money will just fall into the open area making it easier to reach your hand in and grab it. applause
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 06:37:44 PM by ashyron » Logged

Well, it's been almost 2 years.  I'm kinda back. Undecided
jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »

That's exactly what this machine has too - I don't have the lock switch hooked up so that's why i never noticed that the arm released.  At least it makes more sense now.    Not totally ... but more sense.
ashyron

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 06:42:36 PM »

I haven't had my WMS games very long, matter-of-fact I haven't had any of my games too long no so the switch is still hooked up with a key and a cash box.  I thought it was pretty bizarre that the door is partially blocked and when these machines are in a row, it makes it more difficult to get in there without moving the arm.  I'm getting used to it though. yes yes yes

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 08:07:13 PM »

I agree, all my WMS and my 13" Gamemakers had the mod so you wouldn't need the stacker in the side. This alloowed you to run the same bill through several times to build up credits and then lock up the door and move on to the next machine!  yes

Dan (tacman)

StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 11:49:03 PM »

I love this site!  Ecstatic / Top Award  As usual, we have so many helpful members that by the time I get here the issue has been covered twice over and I'm a day late and a dollar short. COOL!  Hail Hail applause applause applause

They did deliberately design it to release the handle as soon as the cashbox switch is opened and they did intend for the operator to pull the handle halfway down to swap cash cans. At this point, I do it without thinking. Security or bad design? I guess it all depends on the PR spin of the employee that you talk to..  arrow

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
ashyron

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 12:22:10 AM »

I'm a day late and a dollar short.

Did you leave your dollar in one of my machines when you were here?? Scratch Head  I know Buzz did. yes

tacman
NLG Document, Media Gallery and FAQ Writer

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 12:23:37 AM »

SHH! Dollar, what Dollar??  Tongue Out

Dan (tacman)

ashyron

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 12:28:57 AM »

Did you leave your dollar in one of my machines when you were here?? Scratch Head  I know Buzz did. yes

Oh wait, never mind, I found it on the floor by the washer and dryer.  Come out and get it if you want it  rotflmao rotflmao Tongue Out bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

jdkmunch
Senior Full time Member.

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 12:32:24 AM »

I found $5 in a slot once.   I thought of it like a rebate.   applause applause applause
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 01:41:45 AM »

Oh wait, never mind, I found it on the floor by the washer and dryer.  Come out and get it if you want it  rotflmao rotflmao Tongue Out bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

Put it in the "we've got to get Buzz to stop paying for everything" fund! Don't just return it to him -- he'll spend it buying you dinner! I got one meal in, in Laughlin, but I still owe him at least  three more. Tongue Out bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
ashyron

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 03:17:59 AM »

Put it in the "we've got to get Buzz to stop paying for everything" fund! Don't just return it to him -- he'll spend it buying you dinner! I got one meal in, in Laughlin, but I still owe him at least  three more. Tongue Out bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing
Oh, I'll get it back to him yes yes yes I will yes yes He won't get out of it that easy. bust gut laughing

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.