Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:03:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Arcade Games **Video**
| | |-+  Can anyone burn me UMK3 1.2 Revision EEPROMS?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can anyone burn me UMK3 1.2 Revision EEPROMS?  (Read 7263 times)
drgrumbles
« on: July 14, 2011, 01:46:31 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had the ability to burn to eeproms for me?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MAME roms are um312u54.bin and um312u63.bin.

EEPROM L 1.2 U54 MORTAL KOMBAT 3 ULTIMATE.

M27C4001
-12F1
B88AV
9535E
ST
SINGAPORE

EEPROM L 1.2 U63 MORTAL KOMBAT 3 ULTIMATE.

M27C4001
-10F1
B88AA
9540E
ST
SINGAPORE
CaptainHappy
NLG Site Administrator
NLG Site Administrator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 622

I haven't met a Jackpot that I didn't like!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:30 PM »

I was wondering if anyone had the ability to burn to eeproms for me?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MAME roms are um312u54.bin and um312u63.bin.

EEPROM L 1.2 U54 MORTAL KOMBAT 3 ULTIMATE.

M27C4001
-12F1
B88AV
9535E
ST
SINGAPORE

EEPROM L 1.2 U63 MORTAL KOMBAT 3 ULTIMATE.

M27C4001
-10F1
B88AA
9540E
ST
SINGAPORE

PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT WE DO NOT ALLOW THE SOLICITATION FOR COPIES OF ANY BINARY FILES ON THIS FORUM. PLEASE REVIEW OUR TERMS OF SERVICE. YOU ARE WELCOME TO POST A WTB, WANT TO BUY, AD IN OUR CLASSIFIED SECTION FOR AN ORIGINAL EPROM.

CAPTAINHAPPY CaptainHappy
NLG ADMINISTRATOR
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:51:19 PM by CaptainHappy » Logged

Come sail away, Come sail away Come sail away with me..
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 02:04:26 AM »

Hey Cap'n... it's OK.

These are in the public domain in the MAME archives. He's looking for a newer revision of the arcade game program ROMs.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure that all Arcade bins are copyrighted by their holders.  The fact that it is emulated in Mame and it can be gotten relatively easily does not mean it's public domain.  To the best of my knowledge there are only like 3 or 4 games that have been released to the public domain.  You can look at Galaga for example that has been in MAME forever, but it is still not "legal" to have a dump of the rom unless you own an original.  Just my .02 worth on this subject.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 03:53:10 PM »

hmmm I have a question on that topic....   and or observation....   stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking

If the company is closed up ETC: Midway Games, Inc. CLOSED Following a bankruptcy filing in 2009...  knockout knockout knockout There is no one around any more to sue you !!!  knockout knockout knockout

And the copyright holders are not around anymore.. or just don't give a crap about the games. no no

Is it pirating software  arrow  If you own the game? and want to bring your game back to life ? ? 

If I buy a game on ebay and it's missing the game chip... or if Im restoring a game and drop the game board smashing a Rom.
Is it pirating software if I download a copy of the .bin file to repair my game ???  Scratch Head Scratch Head Scratch Head

stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking Yes im  stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking stir the pot / get cooking Stirring the pot...  frying pan frying pan For one IGT EOL  "End of life" The S+ Slot back in 1999 or 2000 ..

It's been 11 years How long does a copyright last???  I thought is was only 7 years and you have to  renew every 7 years....
and if you don't support or you walk away from your Hardware - Software it then falls into the public realm..  knockout knockout

So if you call IGT and try to order a SS-Rom they will TELL YOU  ----- " WE DON'T SUPPORT THE S+ PLATFORM ANY MORE SORRY"  ....  SO YOUR SOL...  muted muted

A lot of Slot and Amusement company's have gone under and or just walked away from there hardware/software leaving the users to fend for themselves  muted muted muted

So in the end is fixing your games a form of software / copyright.. software piracy ????   TMI Hijack

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
reho33
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 146

Slot Losers of America / Tokie Owens

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 04:29:15 PM »

There are specific time limits that apply to copyrighted works. I don't know but the formula is after 1960 one set of rules apply and before 1960, another set. Also, someone always holds "the rights" to something that appears to be "old". The original company may not exist but the "rights" are still held by someone and you still need their permission to use it. Anybody, please feel free to jump in and correct any mistake I may have made.

** NOTE: The information contained in any of my posts relating to slot machine ownership and use is information that I have gathered from publicly known sources correspondingly under the same protections of Free Speech governed under the Laws of the United States and Canada and is for informational use only. As is my Constitutional Right under United States and Canadian Laws the redistribution of said information is considered a form of free speech. Using this information in the United States or Canada to conduct illegal gambling in states/provinces where it is unlawful has been declared against the law in those states/jurisdictions and as such I do not advocate the illegal use of such information under both the United States and Canadian Laws. All references and examples of personal experiences are hypothetical in nature, and it is up to you to determine if the information presented is applicable to your situation or not**
poppo

Total Karma Storms: 248

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 05:43:45 PM »

FWIW, this is on Nintendo's site

Haven't the Copyrights for Old Games Expired?

U.S. copyright laws state that copyrights owned by corporations are valid for 75 years from the date of first publication. Because video games have been around for less than three decades, the copyrights of all video games will not expire for many decades to come.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#domain
knagl

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »

Many of these things fall under the term "Abandonware" -- the company may no longer be around, or they may not support the platform, but generally someone still owns the copyright.

Will a defunct company sue someone who sends a copy of an old file to someone else?  Probably not.  However, in the interest of the protection of this site, I would strongly suggest that any such transactions not be conducted here under the 'rule' of "better safe than sorry".  There are other sites out there where such discussion can take place and it won't jeopardize the well-being of NLG.

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
Joeylc
Founder and CEO of New_Life_Games_LLC
NLG Site Administrator

Total Karma Storms: 287

KG7NLG

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2011, 07:16:50 PM »

FWIW, this is on Nintendo's site

Haven't the Copyrights for Old Games Expired?

U.S. copyright laws state that copyrights owned by corporations are valid for 75 years from the date of first publication. Because video games have been around for less than three decades, the copyrights of all video games will not expire for many decades to come.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#domain

from the same site ----- WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP !!!

Are Game Copying Devices Illegal?

Yes. Game copiers enable users to illegally copy video game software onto floppy disks, writeable compact disks or the hard drive of a personal computer. They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks.

These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet.

Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal. 

We are all in deep shit then frying pan frying pan frying pan frying pan NOPE !!!! WRONG !!!!   JUST TRY AND TAKE MY EPROM BURNER --- LMAO

ttth ttth ttth PROTECTED BY S&W 40CAL  bust gut laughing bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

"The Seeds of our Ultimate Destruction are Slowly and Quietly being Planted in the Fertile soil of Political Correctness”
                                                                   Joey Carruthers 2011

Hottest day in the United States recorded August 11, 1983 at 2:21 p.m. was 132 F. - recorded in the shade at the Bullhead City Fire Department. 
BUT IT WAS A DRY HEAT

I Have gone to find myself, and if I get back before I return, keep me here!
  ???

1-888-NLG-SLOTS 928-754-4147
e-Bay ID NewLifeGames_net
poppo

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2011, 07:36:55 PM »

from the same site ----- WHAT A BUNCH OF CRAP !!!
NOPE !!!! WRONG !!!!   JUST TRY AND TAKE MY EPROM BURNER --- LMAO

<devil's advocate mode>

A device like a eprom burner that is in 'common use' is a bit different than some of the 'custom' hardware designed to copy some of the Nintendo game cartridges that used proprietary chips. That's why I think you can only buy some of those devices from oversea sites. I think that is what they are talking about.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »

There are specific time limits that apply to copyrighted works. I don't know but the formula is after 1960 one set of rules apply and before 1960, another set. Also, someone always holds "the rights" to something that appears to be "old". The original company may not exist but the "rights" are still held by someone and you still need their permission to use it. Anybody, please feel free to jump in and correct any mistake I may have made.

As has been said, software is protected for 75 years. The question is, what are the terms for software/firmware developed and when would it, or how could it fall into the public domain, or does that even matter, considering that it can only be used as firmware to drive IGT hardware which each of us has legally purchased?

After all, "Happy Birthday" was written by the Hill sisters back in 1893, and AOL/Time Warner still owns the copyright on it. Don't sing it publicly without paying that royalty arrow, which will be split between AOL and the Hill sister's foundation. frying pan You can, however, sing it privately -- in other words, you can use it for personal use without infringement.

So what we really need is someone to dig deeply into the laws concerning holding soft copies of firmware that drives proprietary hardware (the slot machine) that is legally owned by the individual.   stir the pot / get cooking Scratch Head

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
rickhunter
SMAA Founder and Chairman

Total Karma Storms: 226

I Void Warranties

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2011, 09:41:39 PM »

There are really two issues at hand here.  One being the legality of the thing, which in this case is clearly NOT legal.  The other one is wether or not the copyright holder gives a dam to even spend the money to bring the matter to court.  I remember a couple of years ago I wanted to make a DVD for my son's 1st grade class that had videos and pictures of the year's events.  I was going to author the DVD and one of the chapters was a slideshow with pictures taken at school during the year.  I was going to put a song as background but then I friend told me that it would probably get the school in trouble as it is not licensed for that.  Mind you I was going to give it away as a gift to all the kids, but upon further reflection I decided to put a midi track as the song.  In europe there are some songs performed that are released to the public domain, but here in the US any recording made is still held by the performer even if it is released in the public domain elsewhere.  So would the kid's parents sue the school, probably not, but if something happens and there's an unhappy parent, I didn't want to be part of the fuel.

In the matter of defunct companies, the rights always go some creditor, at times it's another company that buys the rights and other times it's a bank, but someone always holds the copyright, although at times nobody knows they do.

A slot collector is like a coin hopper in a machine that never pays out.  they just keep on accumulating assets.
Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2011, 10:15:12 PM »

In the matter of defunct companies, the rights always go some creditor, at times it's another company that buys the rights and other times it's a bank, but someone always holds the copyright, although at times nobody knows they do.

Reminds me of all the Mortgages that were bundled and sold over the last 10 years. When it comes to Foreclosures, most of the banks that supposedly hold/ purchased the Mortgages, can't find the original paperwork.

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2011, 10:34:26 PM »

There are exceptions, of course. When GCE – which had been bought out by Milton Bradley – failed, the copyright holders of the Vectrex video game released all of the hardware and software to the public, as long as no one used it for profit. That was decades ago, and there is still a thriving Vectrex community making new games for the old system and selling multi-carts containing all of the old games etc, and it's all legal.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 03:48:22 PM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
Joe The Dragon
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2011, 01:08:51 AM »

WMS and stern pinball post rom files on there own site and how is asking some to brun the files to a chip to up date your own game Illegal?
poppo

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2011, 01:14:40 AM »

WMS and stern pinball post rom files on there own site and how is asking some to brun the files to a chip to up date your own game Illegal?

Please read the entire thread. The question has already been answered.

And even if there were no legal issues, the terms of service of this site clearly state it's not allowed here.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.