Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:23:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Reel Slots** Gaming Machines
| |-+  Bally Electromechanical
| | |-+  Bally Three Liner Classic
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bally Three Liner Classic  (Read 6484 times)
HadYourPhil
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:12:15 PM »

This machine is a bit of a stumper. There is no visible model number, except for a sticker on the inside with 'K-1147-1' on it. I've narrowed it down to a 6831, I believe (it is a quarter slot machine, BTW).
It has two problems. The first one is no payout on a single cherry on any line. The second one I created somehow during removal and replacement of the coin hopper and reel mechanism. Pull the handle and the reels spin... and never stop!
Also, this machine has a different reel assembly from that which I have seen in various slot machine books. The reels' electrical contact is done by wheels with wipers in the same axle as the wheels, contacting circular stationary wheels with button contacts. If a picture would help, I'll post one tomorrow.
Any ideas, you experts you??
I was really glad to find this forum!
galahad
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 23

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 08:54:17 PM »

Sounds like you have an electro-mechicanical slot compared to the solid state. Not sure what a 6831 is? If it is ,one of the problems could be the pins on hopper that plug intp receptale in back of machine. Sometimes when you push hopper back into place it also pushings the female pins in not making good contact. And if it is an electro-mech. a good place to start would be to take some time and clean all contact on wiper arms and relays. Contact tension is likely also. If it's a solid state ignore all of that and I'm sure someone here will chime in. Jim!

The second smartest man say's, "I don't know'. The first smartest man say's,"I don't know, but I know who to ask"!
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »

Others should be able to chime in. If it is a 6831 "Classic" it looks between an upright and a slant. The handle is not on the side, but integrated into the right edge of the cabinet. Any way, as stated above, the wiper fingers should be centered on the dots, regardless of reel position. They must be clean and with enough tension to make contact with the dots. All wire connections to wipers and/or wiper boards should be visually checked. The same holds true with the hopper payout unit.

But alas, Photos will solve the model issue.

Richard
HadYourPhil
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 02:23:57 PM »

Thanks for the replies! After I made my initial post, I realized that this forum is devoted more to electronic machines. I must say, finding forums devoted to slot machines of any kind is like finding a needle in a haystack!
I checked the wiper position on the reels, and they do land dead center with good pressure/tension.
Here are the pictures...

* Bally Classic.jpg (493.27 KB, 571x932 - viewed 340 times.)

* Bally reels.jpg (666.35 KB, 1068x714 - viewed 362 times.)

* Bally hopper.jpg (451.39 KB, 735x724 - viewed 329 times.)
FOXSSLOTS1
Resigned NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 323

Me at work

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 03:20:49 PM »

You have a Bally CLASSIC - the problem with your cherry pay most likely is the position of the payout wiper on the payout unit. There is a rubber bumber (ZERO STOP) - looks like a small black eraser - if it is worn (or melted) the wiper will not return to the zeo position and won't start the 2 pay. to check - look at the wiper board on the hopper - along the lower edge of the board (with all the wires going along its edge) toward the middle you will see numbers  2  5 10 14 18 etc going towards the right.  The number 2 is the pay circuit for the 2 pay - you will see a row of copper "fingers" which are attached to a round disc (Sprial cam). the bottom finger is for the 2 pay and s/b resting on the left most part of the 2 circuit - if it is to far to the left - then you will have to adjust the zero stop (this is located at the 9 oclock position as you face the hopper payout unit. there is a plastic lever (looks somewhat like a pin pall flipper) - that part matches up to the zero stop bumber.
HadYourPhil
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 04:49:25 PM »

Sure enough, the bumper is essentially nonexistent! Looking at the picture in my Bally s/m, it appears to be a rather large bumper, much like the eraser found on a child's pencil. I'll look into that.
Next, the "Reels won't stop" problem. Is the clock/timer for that function that which is mounted in the right rear of tha cabinet?
HadYourPhil
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 09:06:55 PM »

Well, the payout counter seems to be fixed, although I haven't reassembled the machine yet. Will do that tonight. The reel timer has me stumped. No repair guide that I have seen addresses the style of reels in my machine. All other versions have the reel timer on the reel chassis, not so this version. The only motor on my reels spins the reels.
If you look at the picture of the payout hopper's chassis, you'll see a Starpoint brand timer in the right rear corner of the picture. That is actually in the rear left corner when the assembly is reinserted. I should've rotated the picture 90 degrees CCW. What does that timer do?? Is it the reel timer? It has a scale of 0-359 on it under the grey knob.

UPDATE: The machine will spin and stop only if three coins are played. One or two coins, no stopping.
Replacing the rubber stopper and adjusting the contacts on the payout unit made the machine pay fine. Thanks again FOXSSLOTS1!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 10:37:03 PM by HadYourPhil » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.