Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:00:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  **Video Slots** Gaming machines
| |-+  BALLY Game Maker. (Moderator: tacman)
| | |-+  Just bought a Gamemaker and having hopper trouble.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just bought a Gamemaker and having hopper trouble.  (Read 12872 times)
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 34

« on: September 14, 2009, 07:16:58 PM »

After loading the hopper with quarters (maybe not enough... about $70 or so) when I cashout it pays correctly but then gives a hopper jam error. Error needs to be cleared to continue game play. Any ideas?
ricker
Contributing Gold NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 156

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 08:26:06 PM »

Hey SilverFerret,

Congrats on your new toy!  Assumptions usually sends us in too many directions. So, what kind of machine do you have, such as model or type, and the hopper as there are a few? Have you tried the hopper test? Many problems are with dirty optics. Feed us more information, we're hungry.

Richard
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 12:33:08 AM »

I appreciate your eagerness to help but I have since ran into bigger problems. As embarassed as I am to write this... here goes... I'm locked out of the machine. It's a bartop style Gamemaker 7000 and it was opening and closing without issue then after I closed it the last time, it wouldn't open anymore. The barrel key turns but I think the linkage inside screwed up somehow. So at this point my hopper troubles are on the back burner. I did run a hopper check and it says hopper fail.
Is there another way into the machine? Is the only way in, drilling out the barrel lock?
I will have to get into the machine to fix it further.
Thanks, Jim
idylewild1
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 12:22:14 PM »

I have a lot of used  barrel keys. See if the lock has a number around where the key goes in. I may have a key to fit that I would let you have.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 12:30:24 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:55:04 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 09:26:29 AM »

It doesn't appear to me that either idea with the screwdriver will work. It does have a front panel but the sides are curled (probably to avoid flex) and the lid does lift a little but not to where I think I can pop the lid open. Am I screwed?
idylewild1
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 140

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 11:27:53 AM »

If you want PM me with your address and I will send you a #1,#2,#3,#4,#5,#6,#7 barrel key at no charge and see if this may help. If they help you can donate $5.00 to the site.

ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:45:51 AM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:55:35 PM by ROCKET » Logged

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
a69mopar
647-402-1977
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 600

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »

Ron,
  Great offer, but his key was working, the nut must have fallen off the back though, he will need to drill it out.

Thanks,
Wayne

www.GTASLOTS.com      647-402-1977              BALLY S6000 GALLERY
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 12:47:58 PM »

Thanks for the key offer but the key turns the lock. I suspect this is a linkage issue. I will try a coat hanger on the lid as a hooking device to grab the linkage from the gap on the lid. Would a Slim Jim be an option? My unit is in an oak cabinet so opening from the front panel may prove to be difficult without removing the unit from the cabinet but if all else fails... that's next.
Thanks for all the suggestions and keep them coming. You guys on this site are very helpful and always willing to help.
Thanks, Jim  
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 04:32:28 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:56:09 PM by ROCKET » Logged

Neonkiss

Total Karma Storms: 436

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 07:56:45 PM »

How is the hinge?
Is it exposed where you could remove the pin?
Or is that hidden inside the machine?

We need pictures......

Nothing brings people together better than a common enemy
343 / 60 brothers lost on that day.
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 02:05:38 AM »

Hooray!!! I have gotten the lid open and am now on to my hopper trouble. As for the lid, I tapped the barrel lock and somehow it jogged the linkage loose and viola... the lid opened. I have corrected the linkage issue and am now ready to tackle my hopper issues.
I have run the hopper test, and for a few times it kept saying hopper failed so I would run the test again, then it didn't say that anymore and now it just says terminated test due to hopper empty (it's not full, but it's not empty).
A little back ground: after removing the hopper from the unit the first time, I noticed two wires coming from the hopper bowl that were spliced to two other wires coming from under the aggitator.  One of the wires had very obviously come apart so I wire nutted it and did the same to the other for good measure. Before I had taken the hopper out, the error message I got was something like hopper jam error. Now I get the hopper empty message.
P.S. I have pics to post but can't seem to figure out how.  Also is there a PDF file of a gamemaker manual floating around somewhere?
Thanks, Jim
tacman
Topic Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 446

Genius in training.

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 10:05:00 AM »

Silverferret, the manual is in the Submit New File tab under the Sponsor links. Also, many hoppers have a bolt on the side of the hopper bowl that is wired to be a sensor. When your coins fill up to that point it will complete the connection and remove the error. For home use many of us hav either moved that bolt farther down the bowl.

Dan (tacman)

SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 02:14:47 PM »

New Development:
Okay the lid is open and I have now cleared a hopper jam (one of those damned dollars that looks like a quater) so I ran the hopper test again and the hopper started to spit out coins, but didn't want to stop dispensing them. I read in a manual that the hopper test is supposed to release 10 coins but this one just keeps them coming. So I closed the lid and it counted down to resuming payout, which is supposed to finish paying $3 but it just empties the hopper into the quarter catcher.
Where do I go from here? I'm making progress but keep creating a new issue along the way.
Thanks, Jim
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »

Got it all figured out.  Thanks everyone foe your help.
Thanks again, Jim
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 07:11:29 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:56:42 PM by ROCKET » Logged

knagl
Global NLG Site Moderator

Total Karma Storms: 642

Kevin

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »

I have pics to post but can't seem to figure out how. 

When you reply to a post, there is a section below the text box where you type your reply that says, "Attach:".  Click the "Browse..." button there and locate a picture on your computer that you want to add to your message.  You can click the "(more attachments)" link next to the Browse button to add a second picture.

What was the solution to your hopper that wouldn't stop dispensing coins?  It sounds like the optics were not seeing coins come out -- what did you do to fix the problem (so that other people in the future who run into this may benefit from you finding a solution to your issue)?

If you find this site helpful, please consider making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Please do not PM me for support or "how to" requests -- please post your request in the forum so that everyone may assist you and everyone can benefit from the answer to your question!  Thanks! Smiley
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 01:34:26 AM »

As for the solution to the problem, I had to make an adjustment to the bracket that's attached to the roller that goes up and down as the hopper turns and moves quarters up the track. It wasn't crossing the optics and telling the machine that quarters were being paid out. Because it didn't see this, it just wanted to empty the hopper into the tray.
If I can get this right, here are some pics.
Thanks again, Jim

* Gamemaker 7000 001s.jpg (25.53 KB, 400x300 - viewed 212 times.)

* Gamemaker 7000 005s.jpg (27.31 KB, 400x300 - viewed 197 times.)
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 01:35:56 AM »

Here's another with the wood panel front off.
Thanks, Jim

* Gamemaker 7000 008s.jpg (25.28 KB, 400x300 - viewed 204 times.)
SilverFerret
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 03:32:34 AM »

Since I have your attention, I have a question about the top right corner of the lid and what was there that is not anymore? There is a thin plate next to the monitor where something must have been, but I don't know what. Any ideas?

* Gamemaker 7000 001s.jpg (25.53 KB, 400x300 - viewed 213 times.)
Buzz
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1158

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2009, 10:52:54 AM »

Change Button

NLGs Motto  " IF IT AIN'T BROKE GIVE ME TIME IT WILL BE "
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2009, 01:30:33 PM »

POSTER REMOVED POST
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:54:14 PM by ROCKET » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.