Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:28:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors
| |-+  Coin Comparitors and Other Coin acceptors. (Moderator: a69mopar)
| | |-+  Rejects all coins
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rejects all coins  (Read 3234 times)
slotsavegas
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 3

« on: November 06, 2011, 11:45:29 PM »

I have been working on an old CEI video poker machine for several days now.
Finally got what I thought was everything working until I tried to insert a quarter into
the coin slot. Every quarter drops straight through to the coin tray and no credits added.

Does anyone know what adjustments can be made to these acceptors ?
It was working fine when I last played it about 3 years ago. I have installed a new motherboard battery
and had to do some maintenance on the cooling fan.

If I can get the coin acceptor working I think I will have a good machine.

Here is a picture of the coin mechanisim.

* CoinMech.jpg (428.72 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 258 times.)
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:06:04 AM »

That is the same type of coin acceptor used in the older Bally EM slots and is completely mechanical. Before making any adjustments, I would drop a coin in with the door slightly open and see exactly what is happening. You'll want to keep the door almost closed because it works on gravity and the top of the mech needs to be level. If the door is open too far the mech won't work properly.

First, I'm terrible at remembering the proper names of the parts on these things so pardon my crumby explanation. I'm hoping another EM member will jump in here and give you a better description.

Let us know the path the coin is taking. Since the coin is not getting stuck and is returning to the tray, it will either be dropping straight through the part on the left side of your picture that rotates (very unlikely) or it will be rotated by that part, pass by the magnet and end up in the tray (very likely).

If it's the latter, remove the mech and look at the other side. There is a small metal pivot near the bottom that the coin bounces off of which can be adjusted and there are measurement marks on the outside of the coin mech case. You might have to adjust it.

<EDITED>
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 09:26:34 AM by StatFreak » Logged

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:24:20 AM »

My mistake. The measurement marks are for the coin size adjustment.

A picture is worth 1000 words.  ...Boy my fingerprints look ugly. Crazy bust gut laughing bust gut laughing

SF garfield

* DSC11034.m.sm.jpg (633.58 KB, 1504x1000 - viewed 341 times.)

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
slotsavegas

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 04:48:27 PM »

It has taken me a few days to get back on this. I will try to describe what I am seeing now.
The C/M seems to be working properly when it is removed from the machine.
I have a solenoid behind the C/M which has a pin that protrudes through a hole in the C/M just below the coin size adjustment slide.
This solenoid is not energized and the pin appears to be causing the coin to divert to the outside tray.
I covered the opening in the C/M with a piece of tape and reinstalled. The coin then was directed to the overflow (cabinet container)
This did send the coin past the switch that should add a credit, but it did not. I may have a bad switch here, but don't know since if
I hold the switch wire down it will tilt with a coin-in error message.
There is also a second solenoid below the coin-in switch wire that has a diverter plate which send coins somewhere. Can someone tell me what this one does?
My thoughts were this second diverter selects between the regular hopper and the overflow (cabinet).

Once again, Thanks for the help.

slotsavegas

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »

Still looking for some help with this...

Anyone, Please.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.