Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 02:14:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| |-+  NLG Homebrew Player Tracking and EFT Systems.
| | |-+  SAS Host controller DLL. What do you want to see?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SAS Host controller DLL. What do you want to see?  (Read 228260 times)
Forrhouse
Manufacturing Equipment & Parts to Keep Slots that are No Longer Supported by the Manufacturer running.
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 252

Life is too short, live, love and have a good time

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 08:11:27 AM »

I like the older slots. Still like the sound of the money hitting the tray.  Too bad USB couldn't be used.  I know that Windows XP doesn't allow for the use of a USB to Serial adapter that is being used for anything other than for interfacing with a printer. It is in Microsoft's Windows XP code. Don't remember the exact details, but I had to due research on this for a project I was doing. I believe that in Windows Vista and in Windows  7 the was changed to allow for serial conversion that is used for applications other than printer interfacing. Maybe some kind of patch for WIndows XP could be made to resolve this problem.
What else does SAS do? Does it handle progressive jackpot info?  Adding the latest G2S capabilities would be great also. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong that the latest G2S specs allow for a completely standardized protocall that can communicate with any gaming device regardless of Manufacturer.
AndyP
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 127

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2011, 09:37:38 AM »

Windows XP can do any serial comms out of a USB to Serial adaptor, the problem is the adaptors themselves. Most dont handle handshaking and parity.

SAS can do jackpots to some degree, i am not 100% sure though as I have not read up on it in any great details. The SAS document is huge, and its not exactly something that you want to sit in bed and read at night!

G2S is a separate protocol altogether. It is essentially an XML based protocol. If you know much about web stuff, its SOAP over HTTP from memory. G2S is next on my agenda. I am actually going to write a whole bunch of libraries for the common protocols. The SAS DLL is just an extension on the library I am writing.
StatFreak
rotaredoM etiS GLN labolG
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 756

Warning! Spammers will be eaten, with relish!

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2011, 11:06:02 AM »

I'm thinking that once we have a working DLL and hookup, we could use MSAccess or MySQL as a back end database to generate and store the ticket records and any other interesting machine-specific data that we can poll.

If we code this in C#.NET and/or VB.NET, we could make it a web (browser) based front end app. stir the pot / get cooking

I found myself at NLG garfield  ..but got lost again on the way home. Scratch Head 2
If found, please email me to myself. Thanks. yes
       Executive member in good standing of Rick's SMAA.                              Ehhh...What's Up Doc?
TZtech

Total Karma Storms: 129

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2011, 12:19:34 PM »

Hello Andy

Would also like to volunteer for testing. Techie that been in the industry for 10 years. I have A PE+ and I games to do testing on.

The S+ and PE+ talk SAS 4 and are EFT capable.
On Igames the games with red menu buttons are EFT and those with Blue/Grey menus are AFT (SAS 6.2)
As far as I know SAS 6.2 is final release for SAS (Andy please correct me here if I am wrong even for us techs in the field any SAS info is very limited)

EFT supports single denom only - AFT supports Mult Denom and from what I have read the method used to collect meter data is much quicker on AFT machines.
What exactly is the difference between bonussing and eft/aft implementation in SAS ?

Its possible to run multiple progressive levels via SAS if the machine support it.

As far as your AVP goes does it have one or two rows of buttons ? Did you recieve a ekey with your machine?. Not a lot of experience on this platform but a customer had a similar issue a while back when they converted a AVP. Most games will look for 2 rows of buttons - 1 Line to select the number of lines covered and the other to select the credits per line. If you have only a single line button deck there is a option in the menu's where you select "Easy bet"which means you will always play on all the lines and can only select credits per line. If you have a ekey you can probably resolve this yourself.
AndyP

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2011, 08:26:08 PM »

Hello Andy

Would also like to volunteer for testing. Techie that been in the industry for 10 years. I have A PE+ and I games to do testing on.

The S+ and PE+ talk SAS 4 and are EFT capable.
On Igames the games with red menu buttons are EFT and those with Blue/Grey menus are AFT (SAS 6.2)
As far as I know SAS 6.2 is final release for SAS (Andy please correct me here if I am wrong even for us techs in the field any SAS info is very limited)

As far as I know 6.2 is the final version. Everyone is switching to G2S now.

EFT supports single denom only - AFT supports Mult Denom and from what I have read the method used to collect meter data is much quicker on AFT machines.
What exactly is the difference between bonussing and eft/aft implementation in SAS ?

Bonusing is pretty simple, its just putting credits on machines in a single message. Its not transactional, once the message is received by the machine, the credits are added to the credit meter.

EFT and AFT are both transactional. AFT further enhances the security of the transaction. The documents I have, v6.00 and 6.02 dont have the EFT commands.

Its possible to run multiple progressive levels via SAS if the machine support it.

According to the protocol yes. I have on briefly flicked through it, but it looks pretty standard and inline with some other protocols.

As far as your AVP goes does it have one or two rows of buttons ? Did you recieve a ekey with your machine?. Not a lot of experience on this platform but a customer had a similar issue a while back when they converted a AVP. Most games will look for 2 rows of buttons - 1 Line to select the number of lines covered and the other to select the credits per line. If you have only a single line button deck there is a option in the menu's where you select "Easy bet"which means you will always play on all the lines and can only select credits per line. If you have a ekey you can probably resolve this yourself.

Its 2 rows of keys. I do have an eKey. IGT is sending me a new button panel. Apparently the Australian button panel (BC20) is not compatible with US games. The US button panel is a GL20.
AndyP

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 08:33:59 PM »

I am going to make an installer for the DLL and test app today. Only functions at this point are Rom Signature, SAS Version and EGM Serial, and Legacy Bonus. This will give everyone a chance to have a play with it, and get an idea what SAS Versions are out there. Will also help me get some idea of how your machines operate in regards to exceptions generated by certain behavior.
Magicslots
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.NLG Member 501 to 1000 Post

Total Karma Storms: 62

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 08:51:50 PM »

thanks for all your hard work to this point AndyP  applause  applause
This project of yours really has a bunch of us Yanks excited!  Clap   Clap

"Any man who is under 30, and is not a liberal, has no heart; and any man who is over 30, and is not a conservative, has no brains."  (Sir Winston Churchill)
AndyP

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 10:23:11 PM »

thanks for all your hard work to this point AndyP  applause  applause
This project of yours really has a bunch of us Yanks excited!  Clap   Clap

My pleasure. Remember you are all just my testers!

Please read the following before downloading
This is a test app, and a very early beta DLL. I make no promises about their functionality or operation. I have done no memory or resource leak testing on either at this point, so there is a possibility that using these tools could result in your system crashing. I am providing no formal support for the tools. Use at your own risk.

Other info:
The installer is an MSI. This is the standard Microsoft installer and may require you to download the latest installer tools from Microsoft. I think you will be prompted if this is required.

The test app uses the Microsoft .net framework v2.0. Once again, if this is not installed, I am fairly sure the installer will prompt you to download and install from Microsoft.

The DLL used the Microsoft C Runtime (msvcrt.dll). The DLL requires version 7.0. If you are getting strange errors it might pay to visit Microsoft and download the lastest version of the Visual C++ Redistributable Package, which will contain an up to date version of the CRT.

And the link:
http://users.tpg.com.au/adslcmdn//SASEGMTestInstall.zip

Also. The test app source code (c#) can be found in the program files directory where the app is installed to.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 10:27:36 PM »

Why do I feel like a guinea pig?   arrow rotflmao
AndyP

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »

Why do I feel like a guinea pig?   arrow rotflmao

Lol. I have to let you all know so no one can come back to me and say your app broke my computer! I have taken care to deal with memory leaks, and I do use secure progamming models, so I doubt there will be any issues. However, like I said I have not done any formal testing. I did install the app on my pc, but I have all the libraries i need so its hard to tell if I have left out any dependencies.

Make sure you report back here if it works, as well as if you have any problems.
stayouttadabunker
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 1039

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2011, 10:34:49 PM »

I'll only be able to try it on my older XP computer in the morning...thanks for letting us try this out Andy!
I give you my results in about 12 hours...
FORDSBS
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 363

PET

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:56 PM »

Good luck Bunker.  Silly Me! Silly Me! Silly Me!
AndyP

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »

Forgot to add. The test app will only poll a single machine. The DLL can poll multiple machines. The poll rate is 1 second, but I will make this configurable in the next release, and default it to 500ms. I am off on my yacht for the weekend, but I will check in some time tomorrow and hopefully I will see some successes and questions.
brichter
Spaced Alien
Senior Full time Member.

Total Karma Storms: 440

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »

Just what I want to do, my job on the weekend!  Silly Me! Silly Me! Cry Laughing

I really should get my head examined... Weird Eyes

Thanks,
Bill
TZtech

« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2011, 06:24:58 AM »

Brichter
Same here -Spent most of Friday trying to get this http://www.touchtable.se/ talking to a online system. Of course all us techies are doing is loading the patches and reporting back to the engineers in if its working or not which is why I am so interested in learning more about SAS.

AndyP
Numerous K+'s for making this available to the NLG community. It installed fine on my personal laptop. On work laptop i am getting a DLL error. Unfortunately neither has a serial port. My desktop PSU has packed up hope to replace it later today and get program running on that.
On G2S have a look at this companies software - Looks like something that could be very handy for developement - http://www.radblue.com/

All
On the S+ and PE+ there is no RS232 and you will need to use the DCS port - You will need to build some sort of level shifting interface i am trying to get some more details on this.
On S2000 and Game King there is a RS232 port on the comms board as per attached. If anybody needs help with SAS setting for these platforms please post here (Or maybe we should create a new topic for the interfacing and machine settings ?) and I will assist.

Ian

* Comms Board Schematic.pdf (54.5 KB - downloaded 314 times.)
TZtech

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2011, 06:06:27 PM »

Hello Andy

Ok the DLL error is due to the Microsoft C runtime as you mentioned. Once I installed this I had no no unhandled exceptions when I initialize the game. Unfortunately I am not able to establish comms with your app. (Hardware is good). I have only used RX, TX and GND. Not sure if you app needs any of the other signals ?

All

The interface harness for the I Game platform (S2000 should be identical) is as follows.

Coms board      - DB9 on computer
1         TX        3       
2         RX        2
5        Gnd       5

You will need to set your primary SAS to channel 3 in order to talk via comms board.
Regards
Ian
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 05:21:21 AM by TZtech » Logged
TZtech

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 03:38:00 AM »

We have Liftoff  applause

So this morning decided to see if laptop would work with USB to serial converter attached and we have a winner.
Refer to attached screenshot.

The converter uses the FTDI chipset so If you dont have a serial port on your PC look for a converter with this IC in.
ROM signature did not return any value and legacy Bonus seemed to multiply the value entered by 1000.

PS - This was tested on a 17" I Game with one of the older games installed (State Fair - Red Menu)  - As you can see from the result fro Andy's app this talks SAS 5.
Will repeat testing on SAS 6 theme later this week.

Thanks Again Andy

* Working.doc (78.5 KB - downloaded 337 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 345

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 03:49:03 AM »

Do you have to have the machine connected

I kept getting a wierd error on mine like it is not loading something.
I forgot which pin goes to what (I know you have to cross the RX/TX lines (null modem)
What about the other 2 RTS CTS

TZTech the FTDI also works with PSP 2 and 3 for mikohn stuff just be sure to move the com port down to one that psp can match.
I know when the FTDI drivers are first installed it defaults to 3,4,5 as com port number.
In fact I run XP in Oracle(was Sun) VirtualBox virtual machine software and can do PSP 2 or 3 and EasyPro 90B programmer software on Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

A Slot Machine and Coca-Cola Addict!!
"If it is not broke do not fix it" I keep forgetting that!
TZtech

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 05:20:47 AM »

Hello Foster

I used RX, TX and Gnd as per previous post for test cable.

The app starts up and initializes without errors with no machine connected on my persoanl laptop and is communicating with machine when connected (I must add that this has the full Visual C express suite loaded)
On my desktop I initially got the error as per attached. Loading the C runtime cleared this up but I dont seem to be getting any comms even though the app seesm to be working fine.
On work laptop I am still getting the error even after I downloaded the C Runtime.

BTW - You should have some freeplay goodies in your email,

Ian

* Error.doc (34 KB - downloaded 245 times.)
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 05:41:44 AM »

I didnt see the goodies in my email yet.
Scanned both spam or junk folders.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 08:38:07 AM by Foster » Logged

AndyP

« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2011, 06:55:48 AM »

That DLL error is possible because you are running a shortcut or something to that tune. The DLL name is hardcoded in the c# test app as "SASEGM.dll" with no paths, so perhaps try running the test app from the directory where the dll is stored. It should be under c:\program files\ap\SASDLLTest or whatever I called the test app.

As for no comms, not sure about this one. Do you have access to an oscilloscope to test the signal lines? The way I have implemented it in software is a bit of a hack. Normally you would have a dedicated piece if hardware in between. The hack basically changes the mode of the uart for the first byte of each message, and if it cant change the mode fast enough the machine might see it as a corrupt packet. However considering the poll to get the exceptions is only a single byte, it should receeve something.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 07:01:25 AM by AndyP » Logged
Foster
The S2000 GURU
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2011, 08:38:13 AM »

On a S2000 with a 504B and Game 363
SAS primary and secondary limited to Channel off, 1, 2
SAS Address set to 001

App runs after installing latest run time library.
No communications from the machine. I may have to try another computer.

AndyP

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2011, 09:00:56 AM »

I might have to include some sort of debug output so I can see what is happening. Some machines have a comms analyser built into the service menus, perhaps try that if your machine supports it.
AndyP

« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2011, 08:43:26 PM »

There is a bug in the test app. The functions using ROM Signature and Serial Number/Version and Legacy Bonus are hardcoded to use poll address 1.

Any c# gurus can use the code included (where the app installed) and change it. Error is in Form1.cs in the button click events. Change the hardcoded 1 to use the pollAddress member variable.

I will fix this in the next build.

PS. I had the app running for 3 days and I cant see any memory or resource leaks yet.
AndyP

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2011, 08:52:52 PM »

Folks, I am going to implement all commands in this doc now: http://www.doj.mt.gov/gaming/forms/sasimplementationguide.pdf

Should take me a few days. My time is limited now though. I have had a good run the last week as I have been in between software release (paid stuff) but this will change again soon. I will get as much in now as I can then put up another release.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.