Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 26, 2024, 09:34:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  Chicken Draw Poker. (Merit)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chicken Draw Poker. (Merit)  (Read 4527 times)
Taco
Contributing NLG Member
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 13

« on: July 26, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »

I have finally scored a Merit Chicken Draw machine and got the boards to work, but the monitor keeps blowing fuses. Every time I turn the power switch on, it blows the soldered in fuse. Also weird is that it blows the marquee light bulb as well? I tested the diodes with a continuity meter near the power source, and no ground to faults. Input voltage to the monitor is 110v. The only thing that needs replaced is some sort of round thermal capacitor marked TH501 on the board. It was friable. Can someone tell me what this is? The markings on the disk say 7ROM, M23.

Any help would be great!

Thanks all.........Taco
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:02:59 AM by Taco » Logged
proten
Contributing Gold NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 210

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:39 AM »

Found this on another site:
http://forums.arcade-museum.com/showthread.php?t=102432
TH501
201X0100-112 Thermistor

One step at a time.
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »

TH is a thermistor which limits inrush current when the unit is first turned on or to limit current after it heats up. Mostly used for degaussing coils in that the resistance is low when first turned on but it quicky rises to cut off flow of current to the coil.

If your marquee bulb is frying you need to replace the ballast.

If the monitor fuse is blowing then you have a catastrophic short somewhere. It'll either be in the power supply section or a shorted HOT.

RJ

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Taco
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 03:56:23 AM »

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:01:28 AM by Taco » Logged
Taco
Contributing NLG Member

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 06:14:02 AM »

Also....for anyone else interested....I found some original game instructions when taking the cabinet apart.

These instructions and dip switch settings are very old, and it looks like some bugs ate holes in the paper, but i'm going to attempt to reproduce them in a readable format. It looks like all the game logs are here as well.

If you have a Chicken Draw and need these...just email me and I will get them to you. I will post them as soon as I can transfer it to a pdf file.
jash123
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »

thanks
jim
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:02:57 AM by jash123 » Logged
jash123
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 04:49:41 PM »

im look for a motherboard CRT 100 4 a chicken draw poker machine
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:07:39 PM by jash123 » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.