Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:10:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  Mega touch radion force arcade game question...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mega touch radion force arcade game question...  (Read 4206 times)
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 308

« on: December 26, 2012, 01:25:17 AM »

I have a chance to pick up a working Mega touch radion force arcade game.. It a 2005.5 bar top touch screen model.. The seller says all games play perfect with no issues, but it needs an update to reboot, so I'm told because sometimes it will load slow on the pick a game screen, than start the games with zero problems. My concerns are could there an issue with the HD, or could it just need some sort of software up grade? This Mega touch has over 130 different to choose from game..  Could it possible just need a new larger HD? The price is right at $200.. I've seen this model going for $700-$900...

Thanks Gary

* mega touch.jpg (152.16 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 408 times.)

* mega touch1.jpg (591.51 KB, 1600x1200 - viewed 361 times.)

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:25:49 PM »

yes 200 is a good price if working a 100% , that style  cabinet of mega touch has the most trouble with  boards and monitors they burn stuff up , monitors are  weak and get dark , but if you do  buy it and need a hard drive neil 44 on ebay is a pal of mine, with it needing a hard dive i would offer 100 , beter yet just keep looking , try to find one in old style couneter top cabinet  with wood sides
Amachanic
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 308

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 01:32:03 PM »

Thanks for the advice.. I own one of the old mega touch machine that has maybe 16-20 games on it. Works great and would up date if it I knew I was was possible. I have tracked down a Mega Touch Ruby with 120 games, seller only wants $100 and says it works.

Gary

If it's jammed, force it... If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway...
slotsteve
Contributing NLG Member

Total Karma Storms: 139

we are opened a home sale store on us 58

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 01:39:16 PM »

we buy megas in game  auctions for 35 to 75  working and sell them in other local auctions  , we have a force 2007.5 wife and i play every day  i think they are best bang for the money , grand kids love it  so do we , lots of ones we get are uprights which are nice if your have the room for it, bigger 19in tv makes some games better to play, theres many out there so take your time on buying
crgadyk
Contributing NLG Member
NLG Member 101 to 500 Post

Total Karma Storms: 35

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 06:43:30 PM »

There was a guy here in KY trying to sell 2 2008 Radions for $500 a few weeks ago. Deals can be had if you are in the right place at the right time. I didn't buy the Radions due to all of the issues I've heard they have with monitors and motherboards.

Hard drives are easy and relatively cheap to replace on any machine after 2003. Anything pre 2003 the drives were prioprietary and couldn't be cloned but anything newer than that is fine. I have a Jade 2 2005 upright that gets tons of play. I agree with Steve, if you have the space for it I like the upright cabinet better. Bigger monitor and more room to work on things inside the machine. Got mine a little over a year ago for under $200. Had a HDD go bad on me but it was less than $25 to replace it.
vtyler
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 32

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 02:00:16 AM »

these things have so many problems, with symptoms you describe i would recommend cloning the hdd. i have cloned 2005.5 drives before its not too hard. every one i have gotten in has had board problems but with people wanting around $100 depending on version on eBay i just rebuild the board in it. and the force elite in my opinion have garbage lcds and if you have one go out good luck finding one, i had to retrofit a newer lcd in its place on a clients machine it was a pain but the graphics looked great.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.