Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 09:12:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  POG 580 Help me Please
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: POG 580 Help me Please  (Read 5778 times)
Venang
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: February 21, 2013, 08:27:18 AM »

Hi is there anyone out there that can help me with Pot O Gold 580? I have a problem with the touchscreen but im not sure if that's the case. After about 5 to 10 mins of play especially on Jacks or Better while doing Double-ups high and low, the screen doesn't respond to touch and sometimes touch response is way off. but most of the time it just loses touch response. I would have to keep turning it off and on so it works again but only for a few minutes or so. The longest I ever had it working the way it should was for about 2 hours but the problem came back. Im assuming maybe its not the touchscreen monitor because it does work for a bit and I think maybe it has something to do with the other hardwares but im not sure. If anyone knows how to fix this problem or experienced it before please feel free to give me any pointers. Thanks in advance
ChizzleMonkey

Total Karma Storms: 4

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 11:28:52 AM »

Have you tried to calibrate the touchscrren yet in the audit menu?

Keep it simple.
yjam

Total Karma Storms: 0

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 12:52:37 PM »

sounds like a bad touchsrceen controller
Venang

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2013, 11:19:15 PM »

Yes I have calibrated it on the touchscreen menu but it only works temporarily. The problem keeps coming back and if its the touchscreen controller, how would I go about fixing it?
ChizzleMonkey

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:08:21 AM »

Does your POG have an old crt monitor or has it been upgraded to an lcd?

I agree, it sounds like a bad touchscreen controller. Depending on what touchscreen controller it is using it might be difficult to find another one.

Keep it simple.
yjam

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 01:22:58 PM »

there is one on e-bay right now for 46.00 i assume you have a cry monitor,its very easy to change out
Venang

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »

Thx for ur input..I think I have an LCD monitor but I'm not sure how I would know exactly. Is there a model number on the screen somewhere that would tell me? And just to throw it out there..could the power supply adjust the voltage knob on its own because I had it set in the middle a few days ago but when I went to check it again it was all the way off to opposite side of arrow resulting in the screen not powering up? So I then set it back to the middle and the screen now works fine for about 4 hours so far but I would have to do more testing to see if the problem comes back. Hope I got lucky and fixed it somehow.
yjam

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »

you voltage should be set about 5.05 dc
yjam

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 01:01:44 PM »

a lcd monitor will be a flat scene and only about 4" thick and a cry monitor will be a con caved screen and about 18" deep
ChizzleMonkey

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 10:43:45 PM »

No, the power supply cannot physically adjust the voltage knob on its own. Unless, the large output caps are raging so bad that they make an "earthquake" effect within the power supply. I have never seen or heard of that personally but you never know? I do remember adjusting the "screw" on some power supplies to make some machines work right. Like yjam said, if it's flat and thin, it's most likely an lcd, or an upgraded lcd to led. If it's screen is bubbled out or concave and takes up a lot of real estate within your machine, it's a crt.

Keep it simple.
Venang

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 07:56:26 AM »

Thx chizzle for ur input but which and where are the "screw" that I would have to adjust? I'm also having trouble with my touchscreen calibration. My touchscreen is off by about an inch and every time I get to the calibration where I have to touch the "X" on the bottom left and top right corners it would freeze up on me. I actually can get past the first "X" on the bottom left but when I get to the top right "X" I don't get any response when touching it. So I would have to turn it off and on but no luck in centering my touch marker. By the way I have an LCD screen. If you have ever experienced this problem before and have a solution I would greatly appreciate.
yjam

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2013, 01:15:07 PM »

there should be a adjustment screw on the power supply,the power supply is a square silver box where the 120 volt cord is connected to.
Venang

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 10:42:43 PM »

Oh I knew that lol. I thought he was talking about other screws on the power supply and not the little black knob that adjust the voltage
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.