Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:53:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  Scrambled Screen on Cherry Master 8 liner
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scrambled Screen on Cherry Master 8 liner  (Read 6081 times)
Jacell3
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 1

« on: March 05, 2013, 11:35:07 AM »

Hi everyone .... I am having an issue with two of my boards and i believe they are a sigma type boards: Magical Odds and Magical Tonic. When i plug them in all i get is a scrambled screen and when i switch back to my Dyna boards those work with no issues.  Any help on this would greatly be appreciated.
asgard

Total Karma Storms: 9

Gaming Machine Owner / Operator

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 04:05:38 AM »

What exactly do you mean by "scrambled" ? All of those boards edge connectors are wired the same so it is either the monitor sync switches or your power supply voltage. If none of those work then the problem is with the boards.
Jacell3

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 03:18:50 PM »

here is a pic of what it is doing.

* photo.JPG (141.41 KB, 640x478 - viewed 320 times.)
asgard

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 07:53:46 PM »

Definitely not a monitor problem, it's either the power supply voltage or the boards. Adjust your power supply voltage between 5.0 to 5.9, if that doesn't work the problem is with the boards.
channelmaniac
Surface mount soldering geek
Global NLG Site Moderator
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 568

Few things are better than fixing an old game...

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 01:08:11 AM »

Definitely not a monitor problem, it's either the power supply voltage or the boards. Adjust your power supply voltage between 5.0 to 5.9, if that doesn't work the problem is with the boards.

OMG NO!

TTL Logic runs from 4.75 to 5.25v. DO NOT run these boards above 5.25v!!!

Is this one of the older boards with the "reset switch" and a NiCd battery next to the big edge connector? If it is, check the switch to make sure it is good because that controls the +5v to the program memory (SRAM the CPU uses) RAM chip. I've seen that on some of the older boards.

I have too many hobbies! Electronics, gunsmithing, Miatas, arcade games, metal detecting, etc...

http://www.arcadecomponents.com
Jacell3

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 01:32:54 AM »

i just checked the board and this one does not have the reset switch at all on the the board
asgard

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 02:25:30 AM »

I own and operate over 100 of these types of machines, I have never seen a board get damaged on the 5 volt circuit. OP, I have the two games you are talking about and some of these boards require a little more voltage to boot up. Put a multi-meter on the power supply and slowly adjust the voltage from 5.0 to 5.9 ( I wouldn't operate a machine below 5.0v ) if the board doesn't boot up then you know you have a bad PC board. Also like I said in a different post, if the board isn't in use you should remove the battery because it will leak and damage the prints on the board check yours to see if that happened. Most of my power supplies are between 5.3v and 5.5v.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 02:37:18 AM by asgard » Logged
Jacell3

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 04:04:08 PM »

What does that mean when it says check sum bad?
asgard

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 05:23:55 PM »

Could be an error in the processing, reset (memory clear) the board. To do this you have to hold down the percentage switch (while machine is ON)  then switch OFF then ON the machine, release the percentage switch and follow the instructions from there. If that doesn't work you probably have a damaged board. I hope not cause those Magical Tonic boards are hard to find.
Jacell3

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 07:05:40 PM »

I tried that and it went right back to the same mesage so i guess the board is bad..Thanks for the help on trouble shooting it.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.