Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:25:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
* Home Help Arcade Login Register
+  Forum
|-+  Arcade Games, Pinball, Crane Games, Redemption Games and Other Stuff
| |-+  Other Arcade Games
| | |-+  credit in button for cherry master
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: credit in button for cherry master  (Read 6076 times)
curtm73
New NLG Member 1 to 100 Post

Total Karma Storms: 0

« on: July 11, 2013, 04:02:37 PM »

I have a countertop cherry master with the origianl cherry master game in it. I just purchased a Fruit Bonus 96 board for the machine and have a couple questions:

1. To switch game boards, do I just disconnect the 36pin and 10 pin connectors from the board installed and replace with the new board (with the power off I assume)?
     2. My bill acceptor does not work. I would like to add a button or switch which will add credits to the machine for use in my home. How would I do this?

Thanks for any help.

* 049.JPG (2031.49 KB, 2560x1920 - viewed 692 times.)
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 11:22:02 AM »

I have a countertop cherry master with the origianl cherry master game in it. I just purchased a Fruit Bonus 96 board for the machine and have a couple questions:

1. To switch game boards, do I just disconnect the 36pin and 10 pin connectors from the board installed and replace with the new board (with the power off I assume)?
     2. My bill acceptor does not work. I would like to add a button or switch which will add credits to the machine for use in my home. How would I do this?

Thanks for any help.

to answer the board switch yes power off -----unplugged to make sure . remove and replace board make sure there are no bent tabs on edge connector and new board is clean on both sides of edge connector .

as far as the easy way to add credits if your bill validator does not work ? first going by memory dip switch block  no. 3 the actual dip switch #5 has to be on .in order to take credits . I am going by memory on fruit bonus board version 3.62.

follow wires off the bill validator -if its a 110 volt model and plugged into the power supply or hard wired you can unplug it or remove power to it at the power supply . you will have one or the other for power supply ?
A CONVECTION COOLED MODEL THAT IS BLACK OR  GRAY IN COLOR IN MOST CASES WITH OPEN FINS CUT FOR AIR COOLING ONLY .
OR YOU WILL HAVE A ATX POWER SUPPLY SAME DESIGN AS IN A HOME TOWER PC TYPE . THAT HAS A IMBEDDED FAN FOR COOLING AND PRE MADE 9-PIN MOLEX CONNECTOR EXITING IT WITH A 2 OR 3 PIN MOLEX CONNECTOR FOR POWER TO DISPLAY /MONITOR ON IT .

IN EACH CASE -just follow the wires out of the DBV most will have a plastic molex plug -unplug it so its not even connected from the DBV that you say does not work or wont except bills ??

it will be two wires in 90% of cases heading out back to main board harness . cut them strip ends and attach a micro switch where ever you want . drill hole through cabinet so a small button similar to the deck bottons that you play game with you would just tap button to add credits . put it somewhere you want  or leave behind the DBV door if machine has the 4"-inch door to right of display /monitor  etc . if you dont want to drill the cabinet .in most cases color codes on wires dont apply since so many makers have made the 36-10 harness . but for some reason the two colors that seem to stick around are green & blue wires that come off the DBV to get the pulse from the DBV to send to board . if i have time i will post a picture  of the  pinout of the board & pdf file for the fruit bonus settings .so regardless the color of wire you can see which terminals to cross to add credits .  pinout no.18 rings a bell in my memory on the parts side of board harness . PARTS SIDE is always the side of board that has all the parts that stick up . SOLDER SIDE is exactly what it is all solder connections ..

so replace board power it up see if you have video etc and there may be credits left on board ?? to play if battery is good . as far as the credit button -if you want to probe into the DBV PROBLEM FIRST ?? that may be a easier option as to why it does not work or only excepts certain bills . if it only takes dollar bills you can always set board as .01 penny credits along with DBV so 1.00 gives you 100 credits

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
curtm73

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 01:00:06 PM »

The bill validator  does not take any money at all.

A picture would be helpful if you have time. I am not the most tech savvy person.

Thanks for your help!
ROCKET
ROCKET
Contributing NLG Member
Sr.Tech NLG Member 1000+ Post

Total Karma Storms: 430

I DONT SELL ON EBAY ITS NOT ME .

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 01:13:54 PM »

The bill validator  does not take any money at all.

A picture would be helpful if you have time. I am not the most tech savvy person.

Thanks for your help!

Like wise a picture and maker of the DBV would help a super lot
does it have a can that holds bills inside ?? or is it the type that spits bills into the cabinet ??
the one with the can is called a "STACKER" THE ONE WITHOUT THE CAN IS CALLED "STACKERLESS"
Made by various company's  GAMEMAX --ICT- CASH CODE -MARS - DIHL -

ENCLOSED I HOPE IT COMES OUT IS A PDF FILE WITH PIN OUTS AND BOARD SETTINGS FOR THE FRUIT 96

* Cherry 96.pdf (211.22 KB - downloaded 415 times.)

The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, WHAT YOU CHOOSE TO POST , what you think & what you do is who you become.
curtm73

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 02:48:30 PM »

It is a gamemax HSV-300

No stacker

I can't send pics because I am at work, but will in a few hours when I get home
curtm73

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 06:05:46 PM »

Here are pics of the DBV

* 045.jpg (22.88 KB, 360x240 - viewed 467 times.)

* 044.jpg (23.91 KB, 360x240 - viewed 574 times.)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

If you find this site helpful, Please Consider Making a small donation to help defray the cost of hosting and bandwidth.

Newlifegames.com    Newlifegames.net    Newlifegames.org
   New Life Games    NewLifeGames  NLG  We Bring new Life to old Games    1-888-NLG-SLOTS
Are all Copyright and Trademarks of New Life Games LLC 1992 - 2021

FAIR USE NOTICE:

This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner.
We make such material available in an effort to advance awareness and understanding of the issues involved.
We believe this constitutes a fair use of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law.
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those
who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.

For more information please visit: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml.

If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site for purposes of your own that go beyond fair use,
you must obtain permission directly from the copyright owner.

NewLifeGames.net Web-Site is optimized for use with Fire-Fox and a minimum screen resolution of 1280x768 pixels.